CAMP REPORT Day One ROD camp reports Jul 25

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I'll get us started here for our camp reports. If anyone wants to add to this please do. X, Instagram, Facebook posts are welcome.

Just to fill you in on how @bubbaramfan and I operate, Bubba is very good at remembering plays and players and is able to translate that into some very good camp reports. During this time, I'm taking a lot of pictures and pointing things out to Bubba that he may have missed. This seems to have worked well for us in the past and I'm sure we'll continue to use this method during this training camp.

Many of you ask us to focus on individual players or groups during practice. This is very difficult and takes a lot of focus as we all tend to want to follow the ball. Trust me when I say we will do our best to showcase the position groups.

Lastly, if you have seen some pics or videos of camp from yesterday, it must have been a VIP/Season ticket holder session for the fans. Notice there is no shade covering over the bleachers and there is only one set of bleachers. A far cry from the fan friendly environment at UCI. I have my theory on why the move to LMU from UCI. Cost. The setup at UCI had to be expensive with the bleacher rentals (there were three sets of bleachers covering two fields at UCI) plus the dorm rooms at UCI were not air conditioned so the team started staying at a local hotel and being bussed to the fields. Another cost. Now everything is being housed at LMU.

We plan on getting there prior to the parking lot being opened to ensure we can get in early enough for a good seat. It's about a 50 mile drive for me and with parking opening at 1:30 and camp ending at 6:30 today, it will be a long, hot day.

I'll post some pics from my phone early and hopefully through out the day to give you all some real time updates. After I get home I'll download my pics from my camera and then post them with a link to Google Photos so as not to take up any server space at ROD.

Here's to the start of a great 2024 training camp with my expectation that the Rams win it all this year!

VRF

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
The setup at UCI had to be expensive with the bleacher rentals (there were three sets of bleachers covering two fields at UCI) plus the dorm rooms at UCI were not air conditioned so the team started staying at a local hotel and being bussed to the fields. Another cost.
Seems very cheap when you consider how much is spent on players’ wages.

Anyway, really looking forward to the reports. Hope you and @bubbaramfan both have a great time.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Since there is only one field and we get seated we can only really see whatever position group that is in front of us. My main focus will be during 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 scrimmages, who is 1st team and who is 2nd, 3rd team. Especially the defense. Have to get used to new players and what # they wear.
Will be late evening to get report posted.

I'm jazzed football is finally here. I plan to be here tomorrow and Saturday also.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I'm excited to read yalls reports man. I look forward to this damn near as much as game day. Can't wait! Hope yall in attendance have a good time!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

(Apologies to your wives, they're lucky gals to have you, and you, them.)

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I have my theory on why the move to LMU from UCI. Cost.
Could be.

My total speculation is that there was some sort of side deal involving the Saints. I have difficulty believing that the Rams would just let the Saints come into the market and practice at UCI for nothing.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Camp reports...

PPnD4V.gif

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We’re here but I can’t upload pictures from my phone. Says file to large. Any iPhone users who can offer help?

Memento

Name
Jemma
We’re here but I can’t upload pictures from my phone. Says file to large. Any iPhone users who can offer help?

You're going to have to go on your computer, download the images from your iPhone, resize them on the computer and download them from there. That's what I did with my recent photos.

Might take a bit, but I can wait all day for quality Rams news from people like you and bubba.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
You're going to have to go on your computer, download the images from your iPhone, and resize them. That's what I did with my recent photos.
Well that sucks. It’s only 3.5mb

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well that sucks. It’s only 3.5mb

Stu explained it best on the Last Thing I Bought thread when I had my rant about it. The people who run this site pay out of pocket. They don't do ads or anything like that. There's only so much bandwidth you can pay for out of pocket per month, especially when they're not getting revenue from ads.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Stu explained it best on the Last Thing I Bought thread when I had my rant about it. The people who run this site pay out of pocket. They don't do ads or anything like that. There's only so much bandwidth you can pay for out of pocket per month, especially when they're not getting revenue from ads.
I totally understand that. I was able to do it in the past so it caught me by surprise.