Davante Adams traded to the Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And yet Rodgers repeatedly said after the game that Williams did not run the right pattern and he had to adjust his throw to make up for the wrong pattern. Guy has no shame/no modesty.
He probably did run the wrong pattern. Doubt any QB would lie about that. But he still made a shit throw.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He probably did run the wrong pattern. Doubt any QB would lie about that. But he still made a shit throw.
How would you know? If Rodgers throws to a spot when his WR was supposed to zig, but ended up zagging instead, how could the spot the QB was throwing to be considered wrong or misplaced?

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
This is what you said....

The weak compensation for Adams suggests desperation by The Faiders or maybe pudding-bowl-head is off his meds again.

I'm saying the Raiders did great in this trade because they got a 3rd and are off the hook paying any of Adams salary. I don't know what you expected them to get when its essentially a salary dump for an old WR that has maybe 1-2 prime years left at most. The Jets, another dysfunctional franchise as bad as the Raiders, got fleeced to me. Rogers is running that show there and that's just dumb. The Jets are gonna Jet and not do shit as they always have. Rogers getting his old GB team back together, that didn't win shit by the way, is gonna be fun to watch crash and burn.
Not sure what you mean by "any of Adams salary". Afaik, The Jets are only on the hook for 11.7 mill this year now & the two remaining years aren't guaranteed. If he rebounds, mega-win for NYJ & they'll cut a new deal. If not, merely a drop in an ocean of woe.

I don't disagree that they'll likely fall short of a SB with/without DA dominating & I'll enjoy the spectacle immensely, esp Rodgers getting shredded in the NY media buzz saw.

dang

Legend
How would you know? If Rodgers throws to a spot when his WR was supposed to zig, but ended up zagging instead, how could the spot the QB was throwing to be considered wrong or misplaced?
Whether he ran the wrong pattern or didn’t break correctly when the play fell apart is beside the point. You don’t repeatedly call out your WR in the press conference especially when the throw was a wounded duck. He wasn’t happy with his WRs play earlier in the game (watch his wtf expressions throughout the game) and took every opportunity to bbq Williams on the interception.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whether he ran the wrong pattern or didn’t break correctly when the play fell apart is beside the point. You don’t repeatedly call out your WR in the press conference especially when the throw was a wounded duck. He wasn’t happy with his WRs play earlier in the game (watch his wtf expressions throughout the game) and took every opportunity to bbq Williams on the interception.
I was commenting in a generic way, noy just about Rodgers play.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't think the comparison is the same at all. Ramsey was 29 years old when we traded him away and was part of a super Bowl team. Adams is older and hasn't won shit. Another part of it is Ramsey didn't go out there asking to publicly be traded. Snead gets worked over on trades most of the time, that's not new :laugh1:
Would you trade Byron Young for Ramsey and his contract right now?

If not, then who actually got worked over on that deal?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not sure what you mean by "any of Adams salary". Afaik, The Jets are only on the hook for 11.7 mill this year now & the two remaining years aren't guaranteed. If he rebounds, mega-win for NYJ & they'll cut a new deal. If not, merely a drop in an ocean of woe.

I don't disagree that they'll likely fall short of a SB with/without DA dominating & I'll enjoy the spectacle immensely, esp Rodgers getting shredded in the NY media buzz saw.
They will be forced to give him a new deal, especially since they gave up a 3rd for Reddick and he won't even have played one game for them.

So are you giving $30M a yr to a 30 or 31 yr old WR who is also a diva?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Apparently Adams restructured his contract with 2 void years added now. Not sure how that works if I'm being honest, but Im just saying it's a win because the Raiders get a 3rd round pick for an aging player that really wanted to leave plus I'm super confident Adams will most likely be a waste as I can't see the Jets doing much of anything. Rodgers gonna be one unhappy bastard after his NY Packers still can't cut it hahahaha........edited after responding to PARAM....... I think the Raiders are gonna fuck up their pick tho as they are the Raiders so maybe they'll both lose the trade anyways in the long run as that makes too much sense :laugh1:

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Would you trade Byron Young for Ramsey and his contract right now?

If not, then who actually got worked over on that deal?
Still should have gotten a higher pick is what I'm saying. I'm not the only one who sees Snead give up a lot only to get little in return when trading players as he did it again this year lol...No way to say or predict if we could have gotten a better player, used that higher pick to trade back for more picks, still drafted Young regardless, etc. Snead did well in drafting Young though so I agree with that there. Our CB room is still a hot mess though unfortunately. So yes, still got worked over in my eyes for the trade value compensation when we are talking about the pick he got. Should have gotten at least a 2nd with another late round pick to me. We are just fortunate that McSnead drafts well.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The thing this trade creates is the question, "how will the Jets fuck this up"?
Exactly why I'm sure the Raiders did good in getting a 3rd rounder, but then that also makes me think, thanks to your astute observation........how will the Raiders fuck this up as well? :laugh1::laugh2::laugh3::laugh4:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A douchebag as big as Rodgers would though. I think that overwrites the QB part of it.

He should have used a couple of bulger classics.

After a horrible interception - "it was like a punt".

After another horrible interception against the Panthers in the playoffs where he threw the ball behind Holt instead of in front of him, giving the db a chance to make a play on the ball - "the db just wanted it more".

Or just let the team do the dirty work. Who can forget the classic "manu ran the wrong route".

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So I've seen two things this morning. One is that the Raiders now have over $100 million in cap space this upcoming offseason. And that Tom Brady is expected to be approved for the 10% Raiders ownership and that he'll have a large say in football operations. We are about to be flooded with nothing but Raiders/Tom Brady propaganda for the foreseeable future. Just can't fucking get rid of that d-bag.
The NFL has already notified the refs to switch all of the Chiefs favoritism to the Las Vegas Raiders next season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The NFL has already notified the refs to switch all of the Chiefs favoritism to the Las Vegas Raiders next season.
Well after YEARS of getting beat up by The NFL,the Raiders deserve some kind of breaks.Scheduling is always one of the issues.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't. But a QB as experienced as Rodgers isn't gonna out his WR unless that was the case.
Calling out the receiver is shit leadership by Rodgers, just like when he looks for the camera so he can make a face that seems to express “I’m working with Children here”.

It doesn’t matter what happened on the field at this point.