Davante Adams traded to the Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Jets are going to regret that trade. It's clear that A-Rube is running this team.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Will DET GM Holmes listen to his inner McSnead & eff dem picks ? Trying to patch the void opposite Hutch with bargain basement options like Davenport & that CFL guy looks bad right now. Could derail a fairytale season.....awwww.....

If DET's defense gets overwhelmed by MINN this Sunday, I think it could happen. The weak compensation for Adams suggests desperation by The Faiders or maybe pudding-bowl-head is off his meds again.

I look forward to Erin getting ridden out of Gotham on a rail if Adams flops. One thing to irk a bunch of dairy farmers in Bumfudge Wisconsin, quite another to have the NYC media hub turn on you.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Will DET GM Holmes listen to his inner McSnead & eff dem picks ? Trying to patch the void opposite Hutch with bargain basement options like Davenport & that CFL guy looks bad right now. Could derail a fairytale season.....awwww.....

If DET's defense gets overwhelmed by MINN this Sunday, I think it could happen. The weak compensation for Adams suggests desperation by The Faiders or maybe pudding-bowl-head is off his meds again.

I look forward to Erin getting ridden out of Gotham on a rail if Adams flops. One thing to irk a bunch of dairy farmers in Bumfudge Wisconsin, quite another to have the NYC media hub turn on you.
Did you not see that they are not paying ANY of Adams salary? That's why they got a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd if the Jets, sorry I'm laughing my ass off, go to the Superbowl.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Did you not see that they are not paying ANY of Adams salary? That's why they got a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd if the Jets, sorry I'm laughing my ass off, go to the Superbowl.
Not sure how that contradicts anything I wrote. That deal was terrible & speaks to massive dysfunction, even by Raider standards, hence the chance that Crosby could be had for a reasonable comp package or better.

I think Erin will be held responsible for Saleh's firing & Hackett's demotion, too, since this move is so clearly linked to him. Any chance of plausible deniability went out the window. Not even loons like Greenie can spin him out of this now, like they were last week. Jets fans won't care that they fleeced The Raiders if all these machinations don't get them to at least an AFCCG, imo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not sure how that contradicts anything I wrote. That deal was terrible & speaks to massive dysfunction, even by Raider standards, hence the chance that Crosby could be had for a reasonable comp package or better.

I think Erin will be held responsible for Saleh's firing & Hackett's demotion, too, since this move is so clearly linked to him. Any chance of plausible deniability went out the window. Not even loons like Greenie can spin him out of this now, like they were last week. Jets fans won't care that they fleeced The Raiders if all these machinations don't get them to at least an AFCCG, imo.
This is what you said....

The weak compensation for Adams suggests desperation by The Faiders or maybe pudding-bowl-head is off his meds again.

I'm saying the Raiders did great in this trade because they got a 3rd and are off the hook paying any of Adams salary. I don't know what you expected them to get when its essentially a salary dump for an old WR that has maybe 1-2 prime years left at most. The Jets, another dysfunctional franchise as bad as the Raiders, got fleeced to me. Rogers is running that show there and that's just dumb. The Jets are gonna Jet and not do shit as they always have. Rogers getting his old GB team back together, that didn't win shit by the way, is gonna be fun to watch crash and burn.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This is what you said....

The weak compensation for Adams suggests desperation by The Faiders or maybe pudding-bowl-head is off his meds again.

I'm saying the Raiders did great in this trade because they got a 3rd and are off the hook paying any of Adams salary. I don't know what you expected them to get when its essentially a salary dump for an old WR that has maybe 1-2 prime years left at most. The Jets, another dysfunctional franchise as bad as the Raiders, got fleeced to me. Rogers is running that show there and that's just dumb. The Jets are gonna Jet and not do shit as they always have. Rogers getting his old GB team back together, that didn't win shit by the way, is gonna be fun to watch crash and burn.
Same thing Snead got roasted for when they traded Ramsey. A player's paycheck often makes them less desirable. Not many teams are willing to trade for a guy with a huge salary who is near 30 yrs old.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Just another example of how talent alone is not enough at this level. The list of talented JAGs who have come and gone in the NFL is long and storied.

All that aside I'd be fine with the Rams offering a late round pick for Williams. He could plug in at X for us nicely with Kupp & Nacua out there and be a fucking afterthought for defenses, which would benefit him nicely. And he's got the size you want for Stafford to throw him sideline balls.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My guess is Adams plays his ass off for NY the rest of this season. Then goes right back to being Adams next season and beyond. :laugh3:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Same thing Snead got roasted for when they traded Ramsey. A player's paycheck often makes them less desirable. Not many teams are willing to trade for a guy with a huge salary who is near 30 yrs old.
I don't think the comparison is the same at all. Ramsey was 29 years old when we traded him away and was part of a super Bowl team. Adams is older and hasn't won shit. Another part of it is Ramsey didn't go out there asking to publicly be traded. Snead gets worked over on trades most of the time, that's not new :laugh1:

dang

Legend
One shit bag reunited with another shit bag.
After last night’s game, I bet Rodgers demanded Williams be replaced and strongly endorsed going after Adams. If he wasn’t such a prick I would agree with his position but he is such that prick. He runs the Jets right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After last night’s game, I bet Rodgers demanded Williams be replaced and strongly endorsed going after Adams. If he wasn’t such a prick I would agree with his position but he is such that prick. He runs the Jets right now.
Yeah shame on Williams for so massively underthrowing that deep ball to himself and ignoring the guy wide open underneath for a huge first down that could have led them to win the game. Rodgers is an asshat who isn't as good as he once was I agree but that INT last night was 100% Rodgers.

dang

Legend
Yeah shame on Williams for so massively underthrowing that deep ball to himself and ignoring the guy wide open underneath for a huge first down that could have led them to win the game. Rodgers is an asshat who isn't as good as he once was I agree but that INT last night was 100% Rodgers.
And yet Rodgers repeatedly said after the game that Williams did not run the right pattern and he had to adjust his throw to make up for the wrong pattern. Guy has no shame/no modesty.