Darrell Henderson's college coach raves about RB's fit with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
What about Kelly?

Kelly is our 3rd string RB...… Henderson Return guy and 4th string RB.... we kept 4 RBs all year.... basically Henderson replaces Justin Davis..... and if TG is limited..we have 3 RBs with different styles and lots of upside

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Has Brown signed his offer sheet? If not they Rams could rescind the offer.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This says a lot about Gurley’s health. We draft a RB in the 2nd and match the Lions offer sheet for Brown.

The offer sheet was dirt cheap. They had tendered him at $2.1 million - Brown's cap hit this season is $2.125 million. But his cap hit in year two is only $1.15 million, dirt cheap for a vet backup who is versatile and knows the system. That means nothing about Gurley. But yes, trading up into the top of the third for a RB - even a nice one like Henderson - says a lot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This guy is a beast.

I've watched him play against UCF throughout his college career and damn near beat the Knights all by himself. Thank God this guy is on our side now.

Our RB stable is stocked with some serious thoroughbreds now.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I know this brings a lot of question marks about Gurley but having a depth chart of RBs with diverse skillsets really goes a long way with the run game.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about with Gurley... We all knew about his arthritis and knee issues... It doesn't mean he can't play anymore... it's just about load management.

He will still be ELITE on the field... the Coaching Staff just probably wants to do a 60/40 split... to keep their playmaker fresh.

And if we get another playmaker... like Henderson... Gurley + Henderson would be an awesome duo.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Personally I don't think you spend two 3rd round picks to get a 3rd stringer. I think they project Henderson as a time share with Gurley,

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Henderson will overtake Brown as the #2. You heard it here first, folks.

they're 2 different backs.... I'm not really seeing an every down between the tackles back in Henderson...but we don't need him to be that anytime soon...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Some positions have starters and backups in case of injuries. Other positions have rotations. RB is becoming the later more and more and that will certainly be the case for us goi g forward.