Damning with faint praise?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's quite possible that it is because you are making assumptions rather than basing it on his play on the field or what you actually know about the player. We all know for a fact that TuTu is small. We all KNOW that Noteboom has had injury issues. We've seen Reeder's missed tackles with our own eyes.

You are condemning the guy based on assumptions and going judge and jury on him while adding in psychologist.

I'll just hope for the kid and wait to see if he makes the team. Shouldn't we all want that for him?...For the TEAM?
It’s not an assumption that he missed the entire season, and that it was not due to a football injury.

I have not condemned him, as you suggest, because of some assumed reason for his absence. To the extent I condemned him, it was because of his size, lack of arm strength, and poor preseason showing.

And, of course, I hope that whoever plays QB for the Rams succeeds. I don’t, however, have any reason to favor Bennett over any other candidate for the job.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
As for the paying attention
So he’s not bloodshot or glassy-eyed, and he’s paying attention? Wow.

An inside Ram source who declined to be identified said that in the meeting room last preseason Stetson had quickly turned his head and exclaimed:

squirrel GIF

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Man I sure wish TF I hadn’t made A TON OF SHITTY DECISIONS when I was a kid so I could throw shade at this young man, but I got to sit this one out before somebody that knows me tells on me..….
I didn’t participate in this discussion to start shit or have folks flogging each other. I was raised by my maternal Grandmother who taught me empathy, and courtesy. She taught me that if I didn’t have something nice to say……shut up. In spite of that I became a worthless, waste of air and space, incorrigible POS who eventually found his way to the Land of Truly Broken Toys - AA - via parole requirements.

I truly found a couple of things there that changed MY LIFE forever.

1. I found that in my darkest times, I didn’t know shit about being down.
2. I found that it is a fool’s errand to compare my insides with others outsides.
3. I found that no matter how far I had fallen, there were examples right and left of people who went through it and CAME OUT THE OTHER SIDE….many better people for the experience
4. I also found that my opinion, experience, thoughts, whatever, paled in comparison with the events of the big picture and I need big time helping seeing things as not all about me somehow.
5. I found I was far less hostile to others foibles the more aware of my own I became.

Today is 43 years of joy delivered by the woman instrumental in me coming to these insights and checking me when I OFTEN forget. I am grateful every day for the life these blessings have provided.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Well, it worked out pretty good for the Rams when Leonard Little got a second chance.
I was thinking of LL too when reading that.

Although I do remember a fair amount of folks who were against it back in the Post Dispatch days…..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Today is 43 years of joy delivered by the woman instrumental in me coming to these insights and checking me when I OFTEN forget. I am grateful every day for the life these blessings have provided.
Happy anniversary to you both. Cheers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I won't criticize Stetson right now. Mental health is an important issue for me, given my cocktail of mental illnesses. Quite simply, I'm happy he's here.

To me, we drafted him, he's a Ram, and that's that. Unless he embarrasses us off the field, I'm not going to criticize the kid.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wish Stetson the person all the best. Whatever caused him to miss the season I hope is behind him. Stetson the player? Well, I'm not convinced he'll be more than a QB3 at this point. We'll need him for a camp body and someone to take snaps in the preseason. Thats about it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious, did 2023 count as a contract year for Bennett? Or would there still be 4 years left on his rookie contract?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huge sign of confidence for Bennett, as the Rams didnt draft a QB nor sign a UDFA (so far)
Looks like the Visine may have paid off for Stetson!
Long way to go and pending any surprise moves, our current roster shows SB as the backup QB for the opener and game #2 while Garoppolo serves his suspension

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If Bennett works out, that would be massive for the Rams.

Years in the system by the time Stafford is ready to call it quits (unless he does a Brady and plays to 45), no need to devote more resources to the position beyond backups and we’d almost certainly get a home team discount because of how we’ve stuck with him thru his troubles

Not saying that’s what’s gonna happen, but it’d be sweet if it did

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in preseason. Rams have ensured they are good at backup this season, either way, by signing Jimmy. So from here what Bennett represents is room to maybe sell Jimmy at the trade deadline to whatever desperate team has lost their QB. But for that to be in play it would require a focused camp and preseason by Bennett.

I am not saying Bennett is in Jimmy's class. But I think he's played enough ball to know that he is an undersized QB2 type with some serious scrap to him. So if he has his head on straight this year there is room for that to benefit the Rams, which is why they're giving him a shot this year in camp.

I can't think of a player who fell out his rookie year for non-injury reasons and came back from it. So it seems rare and odds are probably against him. But this is a guy who has been exceeding fan expectations for a long time. I really don't care either way if he has what it takes. To me when a guy falls out like that he's probably not gonna cut it. However if he does have a strong preseason it could potentially benefit us in a significant way.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the record, my feelings about the guy predate his absence/issues. Here was my comment when he was drafted:
Sure hope the Johnny Manziel vibe I get from him is misplaced.