Cuts/ Trades / News from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7477/brian-quick
Brian Quick caught 2-of-3 targets for 19 yards in Washington's third preseason game.
His missed connection was a bad drop late in the fourth quarter. The Redskins have reportedly liked Quick's play on special teams this summer, perhaps giving him an edge for a 53-man roster spot. The former second-round pick isn't going to contribute on offense. Aug 27 - 7:21 PM

I just happened to see the drop. Back line in the end zones. Got his feet in then dropped the easy pass. He looks stronger but, still making mistakes.
He'll be a STUD before retirement!"
~LACHAMP46

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
What positional groups should we be looking at for cuts from other teams? DL? OL? In line TE?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams need to upgrade the rt side of the OL. Havenstien is a liability against speed rushers, and no one is any better as a backup. I'd like to see them slide roger Saffold over to RT if they can't pick up someone that's been cut. He's had success there before.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams need to upgrade the rt side of the OL. Havenstien is a liability against speed rushers, and no one is any better as a backup. I'd like to see them slide roger Saffold over to RT if they can't pick up someone that's been cut. He's had success there before.
He's too much of an injury risk at tackle. Imo leave him alone. Unless we make a trade this is our oline for the year. Just solidifies my desire to take an OT with our first rounder coming up next year and slot him at RT until Whitworth retires.

BadCompany

Rookie
He's too much of an injury risk at tackle. Imo leave him alone. Unless we make a trade this is our oline for the year. Just solidifies my desire to take an OT with our first rounder coming up next year and slot him at RT until Whitworth retires.

I'm concerned that Whitworth will retire at the end of this season, meaning that once again we will have a big hole at LT. I mean, what better way to end his career than to retire after winning the Super Bowl?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm concerned that Whitworth will retire at the end of this season, meaning that once again we will have a big hole at LT. I mean, what better way to end his career than to retire after winning the Super Bowl?

What I think you meant was this:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Is Orlafsky cut yet?

:hiding:

UMMMM excuse me. Orlovsky was out best QB yesterday.
The real question is: Should he be the starter? haha

I hate when we play these top tier teams in preseason. They always seem to have endless depth. They have exciting players at several positions playing, even into the 4th quarter. Who did we have? McRoberts? Sam Rogers? Was looking for Spruce also but didn't see him. Our RBs looked pedestrian. Oline...............pedestrian. Orlovsky, good lord, we couldn't find one undrafted QB who might have a chance at actually playing a down in the NFL? There are QBs sitting at home who were great in college but now they can't be considered above this guy?? Should I mention Tebow, frat boy Manziel?? Sorry, I am ranting

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I would agree with you on drafting a couple of swing OT's in the 2018 draft.

You knew I would join here in this Saffold comment..;) Rodger has suffered many injuries in his 8 seasons but his 3 most significant injuries that required surgery, missed major amounts of time & resulted in IR did not occurred when he was on the field @ OT. The 2 shoulder reconstruction surgeries to his left & right shoulders happened when he was starting OG, The 3rd was the pectoral tear was when he was working out in the training facility.

If the RT post continues to be our weak link in pass protection & keeps getting Goff smashed & pressured then you have to stop that ......Saffold goes to RT until Andrew Donnal is healthy. Kromer's interior reserve OL'ers can easily plug the vacant LG post for Saffold.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An unimpeachable source tells me that a blockbuster trade will happen between the Houston Texans and the Los Angeles Rams, JJ Watt for Ethan Westbrook (plus a 6th rounder in 2019). It's a freakin cinch!
~Adam Schefter

per LoyalRam.com