Cuts/ Trades / News from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Now see, there's your problem right there. :sneaky:

This place is lousy with Cowboys fans. I'm surrounded by them. Ex #1, my daughter (the cowboys blame falls squarely on her mother) and my current GF. Only two of those are obnoxious. I doubt I need to point out the offender... :deadhorse: ... besides, my real problem is somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 feet south of my chin... :whistle:

To be sure, but remember that when you're young and have millions in the bank, that earlier motivation to excel can slip away from certain types. The players @jrry32 listed above may have fallen into that trap.

I'm guessing it's tough for scouts and GM's to measure that intangible quality of a hard work ethic even after a player's bank account has been fattened. Hope Aaron Donald doesn't succumb to that once he's paid.
There's no doubt there. It is likely more common than not. Work ethic is the most important tool we can possess. Without it, you can't maximize the usage of all your other tools.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
NEVER!!!!!!! :redcard:

Well, unless he somehow becomes the Rams starting QB and wins us a Super Bowl. ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read the Bears and Jets now have no players left from their 2010 playoff team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/report-broncos-upset-with-decision-to-cut-t-j-ward/

Report: Broncos upset with decision to cut T.J. Ward
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2017

607573194-e1504368613845.jpg

Getty Images

Von Miller hoped the chatter was fake news. The end result could be that the Broncos have a real problem.

James Palmer of NFL Media reports that Ward’s now-former teammates are upset with the decision to release the three-time Pro Bowl safety. It was obvious the move was coming earlier this week, when the Broncos started making calls about trading Ward. But until it happened, other Broncos players could brush it off as rumors or idle chatter or, yes, fake news.

As Palmer notes, Ward was “loved” in the locker room and regarded as a leader on the team. But that $4.5 million salary dragged him down, especially since the Broncos had younger, cheaper options that, in the view of the football operation, can get the job done.

Ward now becomes a free agent, able to sign with any other team. The question becomes whether someone else will offer him anything close to $4.5 million for 2017.