Cry Baby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, its over now. Guapo passed this morning. He stopped eating a couple days ago. He was laying on my chest and I felt something warm. He urinated on me. Then he looked at me and his head just just fell. I took him in the bedroom with my wife. He breathed for a couple more minutes and stopped. He had no heartbeat. He's gone now. My wife and I held each other and cried. Tears of sadness. But relief that he's no longer in discomfort. He was never in pain. But his quality of life wasn't there the past few weeks.

I always tried to not get too emotionally attached to pets. But Guapo was different. He was my shadow. He got so attached to me no one could come near me except my wife or he would growl at them. And sometimes he growled at her.

Guapo and I were inseparable. I'll always remember how excited he would get when it came time for his walk. Acted like a little puppy. When I came home he would be so happy to see me. I'd sit on my recliner and he would sprint and jump right into my gut. He would earn his treats by giving high fives or walking on his back legs trying to talk.

I know I'm rambling on about a dog no one else knows like I do. But its therapeutic to do this. I will miss Guapo. Never been as attached to a dog like I did with him. Just something about him. And I don't regret it. He came into my life when he was 11 years old. I know I made him happy these past 4 years.

R.I.P.

Guapo

Born: June 15, 2006
Died: June 28, 2021

Last edited by a moderator:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, I listed his birth date wrong. Too late to edit. He wasn't a thousand fifteen years old. He was fifteen. But that would be nice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lol, I listed his birth date wrong. Too late to edit. He wasn't a thousand fifteen years old. He was fifteen. But that would be nice.

I fixed it for you Brudda.

Sorry to hear about Guapo. Almost snatched a tear from me man.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Snack: Truly sorry for the grief you and your wife are going through. You gave that dog a wonderful life and to die in your arms was the perfect way for him to go out.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sorry to hear @snackdaddy . Dogs are truly man's best friend and it sounds like you have him the happiest four years of his life.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
545p1m.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Guapo's in the planter bed now. I planted a Hydrangia flower on top of his grave. Roses surround them. I ordered a gravestone marker from Amazon with his name. Should arrive in a week or two.

We have two other chihuahuas. Benny his sibling from the same litter and Heidi who's only 16 months. What's strange is, Benny always wants to sit on one of our laps when we're in the living room. But yesterday, I put the blanket Guapo liked to lay on when he sat with me on the couch. Benny laid down on the blanket and slept for two hours. Later at night I came into the living room and found Heidi on it. They never did that before. I do believe dogs miss one of their own when they pass. They seem to know when we're sad.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, its over now. Guapo passed this morning. He stopped eating a couple days ago. He was laying on my chest and I felt something warm. He urinated on me. Then he looked at me and his head just just fell. I took him in the bedroom with my wife. He breathed for a couple more minutes and stopped. He had no heartbeat. He's gone now. My wife and I held each other and cried. Tears of sadness. But relief that he's no longer in discomfort. He was never in pain. But his quality of life wasn't there the past few weeks.

I always tried to not get too emotionally attached to pets. But Guapo was different. He was my shadow. He got so attached to me no one could come near me except my wife or he would growl at them. And sometimes he growled at her.

Guapo and I were inseparable. I'll always remember how excited he would get when it came time for his walk. Acted like a little puppy. When I came home he would be so happy to see me. I'd sit on my recliner and he would sprint and jump right into my gut. He would earn his treats by giving high fives or walking on his back legs trying to talk.

I know I'm rambling on about a dog no one else knows like I do. But its therapeutic to do this. I will miss Guapo. Never been as attached to a dog like I did with him. Just something about him. And I don't regret it. He came into my life when he was 11 years old. I know I made him happy these past 4 years.

R.I.P.

Guapo

Born: June 15, 2006
Died: June 28, 2021
I'm sorry bud. That's one of the sourest lemons that this world has to offer. Thinking of you

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Guapo's in the planter bed now. I planted a Hydrangia flower on top of his grave. Roses surround them. I ordered a gravestone marker from Amazon with his name. Should arrive in a week or two.

We have two other chihuahuas. Benny his sibling from the same litter and Heidi who's only 16 months. What's strange is, Benny always wants to sit on one of our laps when we're in the living room. But yesterday, I put the blanket Guapo liked to lay on when he sat with me on the couch. Benny laid down on the blanket and slept for two hours. Later at night I came into the living room and found Heidi on it. They never did that before. I do believe dogs miss one of their own when they pass. They seem to know when we're sad.
They absolutely do. I played a video of one of my dog's sisters from Facebook. As soon as he heard her bark, his ears perked up and he looked in the direction of the computer. So I tested it and had another dog video, nothing from him. Back to his sister's bark, he responded by trying to find her. He hasn't seen her in over a year, yet he knew her bark.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David

I've heard of this. A friend of mine planted her parents with some trees in her yard. I always wondered what she would do if they had to move.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've heard of this. A friend of mine planted her parents with some trees in her yard. I always wondered what she would do if they had to move.

I bought a pet casket from Amazon. Its air tight and water proof. Made of a durable polyethylene. If I ever have to move I can take him with me. But I doubt I will move. This place is paid for.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm 36 years old. And I've lost very few people in my life. My wife's father was the first person I was close to that I ever lost. It tore me up.

A couple years later my Grandma...the only grandparent I've ever known outside of my great grandmother when I was small....entered hospice care. She knew she was dying. She had a bad heart from Scarlett fever as a child.

She was a wild ass woman. Had a mouth like a sailor. She was very pretty....and she knew it. She took pride in it....when I got the call to head to st.louis to a hospital to see her. I was shocked. She seemed like her normal self. I was confused by it. They transfered her to the hospice unit and I sat with her and picked out her meals for the next week. She was excited to never worry about her salt intake again. Lol I was so upset. She kept telling me "Timothy...I'm 74 years old. I can't do anything because I can't breath and I don't get to eat anything. I just sit in my apartment alone. I'm ready to go"...she was close to death and trying to sooth me. Within about 6 hours she had taken a turn and was in and out of consciousness. It was time for me to leave for the night. And she woke up to give me a hug. As I walked out the door. She said my name and I turned around. She said "I love you" and just stared at me. As if to take it in. She fell back to sleep and never woke up. It took two days for her to pass but she remained unconscious the whole time. We were all there by her bed when she passed.

She planned her entire funeral. She picked out her dress. Her casket...everything. down to the songs at her funeral.

I remember she wanted "Go Rest High on That Mountain" sang....afterwords, I went home. I learned the song and I frequently play and sing it. And often times...I have to fight back tears while I do so. But, I never stop. I play it several times a week. And I think of her every time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My older brother passed 3 years ago from cancer. The night before he passed I had a weird dream. I was in the mountains sitting on a big rock looking at the mountains around me. I was singing John Denver's "Country Roads".

The thing is, I don't sing. I can't carry a tune. Heck, I lip sing in church. Why would I have that dream? My brother was an avid outdoorsman. Loved hunting and fishing. I suppose that song would fit. Since then, that song has always reminded me of my brother.

Now another strange thing. A couple nights ago I had a similar dream. But this time I was in a park thinking of my little buddy Guapo. In the dream I knew he passed. It was like I was singing it to him. He always loved his walks around the park next to my place. Now that song will always remind me of both my brother and Guapo.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Snack: Truly sorry for the grief you and your wife are going through. You gave that dog a wonderful life and to die in your arms was the perfect way for him to go out.
Thanks PT. People who love their dogs and think of them as family can understand what it feels like to lose them. I just wish God made them so they can live longer. The pain of losing them can be very intense. Reading this thread about our little ones started to choke me up again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm 36 years old. And I've lost very few people in my life. My wife's father was the first person I was close to that I ever lost. It tore me up.

A couple years later my Grandma...the only grandparent I've ever known outside of my great grandmother when I was small....entered hospice care. She knew she was dying. She had a bad heart from Scarlett fever as a child.

She was a wild ass woman. Had a mouth like a sailor. She was very pretty....and she knew it. She took pride in it....when I got the call to head to st.louis to a hospital to see her. I was shocked. She seemed like her normal self. I was confused by it. They transfered her to the hospice unit and I sat with her and picked out her meals for the next week. She was excited to never worry about her salt intake again. Lol I was so upset. She kept telling me "Timothy...I'm 74 years old. I can't do anything because I can't breath and I don't get to eat anything. I just sit in my apartment alone. I'm ready to go"...she was close to death and trying to sooth me. Within about 6 hours she had taken a turn and was in and out of consciousness. It was time for me to leave for the night. And she woke up to give me a hug. As I walked out the door. She said my name and I turned around. She said "I love you" and just stared at me. As if to take it in. She fell back to sleep and never woke up. It took two days for her to pass but she remained unconscious the whole time. We were all there by her bed when she passed.

She planned her entire funeral. She picked out her dress. Her casket...everything. down to the songs at her funeral.

I remember she wanted "Go Rest High on That Mountain" sang....afterwords, I went home. I learned the song and I frequently play and sing it. And often times...I have to fight back tears while I do so. But, I never stop. I play it several times a week. And I think of her every time.

I don’t know how I missed this post the first time. Touching read, @Juggs.

It is awesome she lives on in your memory so fondly. I find that really cool.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My older brother passed 3 years ago from cancer. The night before he passed I had a weird dream. I was in the mountains sitting on a big rock looking at the mountains around me. I was singing John Denver's "Country Roads".

The thing is, I don't sing. I can't carry a tune. Heck, I lip sing in church. Why would I have that dream? My brother was an avid outdoorsman. Loved hunting and fishing. I suppose that song would fit. Since then, that song has always reminded me of my brother.

Now another strange thing. A couple nights ago I had a similar dream. But this time I was in a park thinking of my little buddy Guapo. In the dream I knew he passed. It was like I was singing it to him. He always loved his walks around the park next to my place. Now that song will always remind me of both my brother and Guapo.

I don’t have a dog, so I cannot speak to how difficult it would be losing a loved family member like Guapo… but I can feel it in the ways you’ve decribed things in these posts.

Your words make me think, and I like that. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Those dreams sure sound like something bigger than the dream itself at work. I believe in stuff like that. I’ve seen so many things in my life that look like miracles. Now older/wiser…My eyes are open to it.

The other dogs using his blanket…. I see what you mean there, too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don’t have a dog, so I cannot speak to how difficult it would be losing a loved family member like Guapo… but I can feel it in the ways you’ve decribed things in these posts.

Your words make me think, and I like that. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Those dreams sure sound like something bigger than the dream itself at work. I believe in stuff like that. I’ve seen so many things in my life that look like miracles. Now older/wiser…My eyes are open to it.

The other dogs using his blanket…. I see what you mean there, too.

I can't say I believe in spirits or anything like that. But it would be nice to think maybe our loved one spirits are with us. A strange thing happened about 3 months after my brother passed. One morning I noticed a missed call from his phone. It was around 4 A.M. He lived in Arkansas so it would be around 6 my time. I called his wife and asked her if she tried to call me on his phone. She said she his phone has been shut off for a couple months. I tried to dial back to the number and just got a number no longer in service recording.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I saw this movie in the theater when I was 13. I went with my folks, it wasn't what I would have chosen.

Well this movie turned the entire theater into an orchestra of sniffles, occasionally punctuated by sobs from different directions. I mean this movie straight up wrecked that audience. 13 year old boys are often about as emotionally developed as a psychopath and I was no different but it moved me to tears too.... that or maybe it was like a "contact cry".

View: https://youtu.be/XGdlCrkscMA

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Up until I was 27, I couldn't cry. Not even in horrible pain... I'd laugh if the pain got worse than screaming... used to really freak people out.

Then my daughter Sequoia passed away. Spent a few days in shock and then one of those sappy commercials came on and I just couldn't stop sobbing. I say that she broke my heart...wide open.

Now, I cry at the slightest provocation and I feel so much emotionally healthier for it.

I don't recommend this route to breaking the dam.

However, if one wants to break that dam... just watch Coco... If at the end, you're not ugly crying... get help...

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I can barely get through Jim Valvano's speech at the ESPY's without tearing up. It is such a passionate from the heart speech plus I lost my mother and step dad to cancer. He says 3 things everyone needs more of in their life is laughter, deep thought and tears whether they are tears of joy or sadness.