Critically Acclaimed Films That Actually Sucked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We lived in a very blue collar tiny area and with the first 20 minutes being no dialogue with just music and people running, I think he had a slew of people asking for refunds the first couple showings, so he just started with that for the rest of the showings.
That's a decent reason; and kind of nice for him to make that offer.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Joker. Absolutely hated that movie.
I can understand those not liking it. I didnt think I would. But, I've watched it twice. Really enjoyed the different take.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The original "When a Stranger Calls"
Billed as an all time classic horror film, its the first 10 minutes that everyone knows, then about an hour and a half of pure boredom

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Because the fact that it promotes incel behavior (his flat-out creepy behavior toward the lead woman), shits on people with mental illness (yet another Hollywood movie that says everyone who is mentally-ill is predisposed to violence), and is flat-out unrealistic in terms of police procedures?

What I mean by the last one is that the Joker should've been arrested long before he killed the talk-show host: killing the three Wall Street guys on the train (he was dressed in the same suit, there was a witness, etc.), stalking the Waynes (and assaulting Alfred), assaulting a person at Arkham Asylum, killing his mother (he was the only person in the room), and killing his former coworker with a witness.

There should've been a whole squad of officers ready to arrest Joker, not just the same two that questioned him. So unrealistic.

Yes, that's another one I hated. I thought that the whole plot was cliche, and I disliked most of the characters (except for Michelle Rodriguez's pilot, and only because she was hot).
You do realize the joker is based off a comic book right? Not sure why your looking for absolute realism. Nor do I see how it promotes incel behavior. I love the movie and the take but I didnt feel one bit like I should feel how he does. Yet again yes he has mental issues, but yet again this is a comic book movie. You see it how you do and that's fine, I see it as someone who had mental issues and the system let them down when they tried to get help. Don't see how this promotes incel behavior as it hasn't and I take it as just a movie that was very good. To each there own though and respect your opinion. A comic book movie that involves how bad the government helps people with mental health issues isn't bad and I don't feel it promoted anything bad. I've dealt with many issues in my life, this didn't make me want to hurt any woman or anyone.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Oh and joaquin put on the best performance I've ever seen.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
Always read that was one of the greatest movies ever made yet have never watched it.

It just doesn't seem like my kind of movie from reading what it is about.
I thought it was boring AF..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I started but do not think I finished Lord of the Rings.

I remember I wasn’t in the mood for it, but never went back to it.

Personally, it felt to me more like one of those movies critics really wanted to be great but wasn't.

I thought it went WAY off the deep end of explaining the joker at the expense of a real movie.

I just don't need to go to a movie to be beat over the head by an agenda.

In case you couldn't tell.... HATED it.

I never could get into any of them. Constant dark wars, trees fighting, dark drippy, everything ugly.... WTF?

Cloverfield - film a whole movie with a shaky hand held...? Fuck off.
‘LotR’ and ‘The Hobbit’ are masterpieces! Some of the best films ever made! I don’t know if I can even remain on the same forum with you two!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
‘LotR’ and ‘The Hobbit’ are masterpieces! Some of the best films ever made! I don’t know if I can even remain on the same forum with you two!!!!
Well, I can’t remember why I wasn’t in the mood.

I just watched the trailer. Let me think on it. :biggrin:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Look at the list of best picture oscar winners and yeah most all of those sucked

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
LotR was absolutely amazing. My all time favorite trilogy. I didn't like The Hobbit, though. Too long for what should've been a short story.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
LotR was absolutely amazing. My all time favorite trilogy. I didn't like The Hobbit, though. Too long for what should've been a short story.
I loved them both. My son and I have all six movies on extended edition. We watch them every winter after Football season is over.

Tano

Legend
Because the fact that it promotes incel behavior (his flat-out creepy behavior toward the lead woman), shits on people with mental illness (yet another Hollywood movie that says everyone who is mentally-ill is predisposed to violence), and is flat-out unrealistic in terms of police procedures?

What I mean by the last one is that the Joker should've been arrested long before he killed the talk-show host: killing the three Wall Street guys on the train (he was dressed in the same suit, there was a witness, etc.), stalking the Waynes (and assaulting Alfred), assaulting a person at Arkham Asylum, killing his mother (he was the only person in the room), and killing his former coworker with a witness.

There should've been a whole squad of officers ready to arrest Joker, not just the same two that questioned him. So unrealistic.

Yes, that's another one I hated. I thought that the whole plot was cliche, and I disliked most of the characters (except for Michelle Rodriguez's pilot, and only because she was hot).
But but Avatar was Dancing With Wolves in Outer Space

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Lord of the Rings trilogy has gotta be among the best movie series I've ever seen. Top notch acting. Good special effects. Good story line. Sean Astin was at his best in this one. And he's had some good ones. The Hobbit movies were great too. I have no idea what critics think about them. I don't pay attention to them. I just know what I like.