Critically Acclaimed Films That Actually Sucked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True about the movies: the LotR series is something I can watch forever.

Will agree to disagree about worldbuilding.

I just hope that I can be a tenth as good an authoress as Tolkien was; if I am, I'll be happy.

Terry Brooks 'Shanara' series is excellent. I've never cried reading a book but those got me. He's my favorite author. I've read a lot of Piers Anthony too. 'Split Infinity' was what I cut my teeth on.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prince of Tides - At least I got caught up on some sleep.
Pearl Harbor - I will not get that time back. I don't understand the love for Ben Affleck
Twilight - All of them.
Bowling For Columbine - I have a Michael Moore threshold, and we passed it in about fifteen minutes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry to get off topic.

I didn't like any of 'The Pirates of the Caribbean'.

'The Green Mile' maybe I just didn't understand it.

'Castaway' there is nothing interesting about a guy stranded on an island alone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angel Heart really sucked.

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man, i haven't watched 90% of the movies mentioned in here. couldn't you tell they were gonna be awful before you decided to watch them?

Out of Africa, The English Patient, Chariots of Fire, American Beauty, La La Land, etc.

i mean, you watched an ad on tv and thought to yourself "i'd like to see that movie"? c'mon man. you have noone else to blame but yourself for finding them boring as fuck.

Tano

Legend

man, i haven't watched 90% of the movies mentioned in here. couldn't you tell they were gonna be awful before you decided to watch them?

Out of Africa, The English Patient, Chariots of Fire, American Beauty, La La Land, etc.

i mean, you watched an ad on tv and thought to yourself "i'd like to see that movie"? c'mon man. you have noone else to blame but yourself for finding them boring as fuck.

My friends had movie night on Friday and they made me go see some of those movies lol

But the worst two that they made me see - The Last Emporer (gawd that had to be the most boring movie I have ever seen) and the mafia guy who got killed - his name is on the tip of my tongue

My sister was watching Out of Africa when I saw 30 minutes of that movie.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I thought La La Land was excellent...

Tano

Legend
I've read my share of fantasy fiction. I could not get into 'The Wheel of Time'. So many of these fantasy books are the same. The price of power or the weak being able to wield great power only in moments of need, power cannot be controlled, etc...
Yeah the first 3 or 4 books are like that but it changes quite a bit book 5 and on

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Nah. My parents rented some of those years ago on VHS when that was the fun thing to do.
Others my wife liked like ‘Pirates of the Caribbean and Castaway. Green Mule was all me though. Regretted it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Green Mule was all me though. Regretted it.

OK, THAT explains it. Now I understand.

I could not figure-out how you did not like a terrific movie like the Green Mile.

You saw the disappointing sequel ... The Green MULE.

I agree, it was not a very good film at all. Producers went on-the-cheap, and replaced Tom Hanks with a Mule. Bad casting choice.

Don't get me wrong, that Mule could act. I saw it in an off-Broadway production of Othello a few years later; and, man! ... that beast had some acting chops!

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'm not even start listing the movies that have disappointed me. I will say that most movies use a popular book as the basis of the script. Now if you can draw the essence of the book to the screen you could have a decent movie. If you fail, then you'll end up with boring movie. My two examples are: Twilight 1,2 or 3 and Shades of Grey 1,2 and I don't know is there a 3?

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
It's clear to me now, I watched the Twilight movie because my 13 year old granddaughter was reading the books and I thought we could have something to talk about. I think my wife and sister in law were talking about how much they enjoyed the Shades of Grey books. Now I don't know what that means but I would rather take a beating than watch any of them...

Tano

Legend
Terry Brooks 'Shanara' series is excellent. I've never cried reading a book but those got me. He's my favorite author. I've read a lot of Piers Anthony too. 'Split Infinity' was what I cut my teeth on.
I did enjoy the Shannara series.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chariots of Fire.

The only movie I've been to where the movie manager, he addressed the audience before the movie started and offered refunds for people who left within 30 minutes of the movie starting.
*slinks off....I kinda loved Chariots of Fire and Titanic, but then I like historical stuff....Costumes, customs, arachaic beliefs.....Today, athletes ARE professionals in amateur athletics, let alone being coached by professionals. And poor Rose would of died after Jack congratulated her for her equal right to die in the frigid waters along with the guys...

Tano

Legend
*slinks off....I kinda loved Chariots of Fire and Titanic, but then I like historical stuff....Costumes, customs, arachaic beliefs.....Today, athletes ARE professionals in amateur athletics, let alone being coached by professionals. And poor Rose would of died after Jack congratulated her for her equal right to die in the frigid waters along with the guys...
There was room for both of them on that fricken door

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Actually, anything with Daniel Day Lewis. Stop trying so fucking hard dude.

Braveheart is so inaccurate its actually offensive.

I must disagree about Daniel Day Lewis, he's an excellent actor imo.

On the other hand, I couldn't agree more about Braveheart. While the movie was very well acted and entertaining, for historical purposes it was a ridiculous mess. For the way they treated Robert the Bruce, I'm surprised the movie wasn't banned in Scotland. When I read that Randall Wallace wrote the film, thought he must have been somehow related to William Wallace, although apparently not. I believe the character the beautiful Sophie Marceau played, Princess Isabella, was only about 3 years old and still a child in France, not getting banged by Wallace in a medieval tent after warning him of Longshanks' betrayals. William Wallace was a big Man, something like 6'5", Mel Gibson is closer to 5'9" tall, Wallace's sword was damn near as long as Gibson is tall, at 5'4". So much was historically off in this film, they made a mockery of even the phrase 'artistic license'. Imagining Gibson as William Wallace is a bit like imagining Danny DeVito as a twin to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I must disagree about Daniel Day Lewis, he's an excellent actor imo.

On the other hand, I couldn't agree more about Braveheart. While the movie was very well acted and entertaining, for historical purposes it was a ridiculous mess. For the way they treated Robert the Bruce, I'm surprised the movie wasn't banned in Scotland. When I read that Randall Wallace wrote the film, thought he must have been somehow related to William Wallace, although apparently not. I believe the character the beautiful Sophie Marceau played, Princess Isabella, was only about 3 years old and still a child in France, not getting banged by Wallace in a medieval tent after warning him of Longshanks' betrayals. William Wallace was a big Man, something like 6'5", Mel Gibson is closer to 5'9" tall, Wallace's sword was damn near as long as Gibson is tall, at 5'4". So much was historically off in this film, they made a mockery of even the phrase 'artistic license'. Imagining Gibson as William Wallace is a bit like imagining Danny DeVito as a twin to Arnold Schwarzenegger.
And don’t even get me started on The Passion of the Christ…