Critically Acclaimed Films That Actually Sucked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I maintain that the worst movies out there are those that get high marks from critics and awards shows, but actually suck.

Here are a few:

Birdman: A movie about the irony that, itself, became ironic by winning awards despite being, for the most part, unwatchable.

La La Land: People inexplicably and annoyingly sing and dance on the freeway, boy meets girl, boy and girl sort of fall in love, nobody cares.

Anomalisa: Puppet sex in irreverent comedy (Team America: World Police) - hilarious. Puppet sex in self-indulgent, one note, psycho-drama about disconnectivity in society - cringeworthy.

Inception: There were parts of the film that were entertaining, but if you give the plot any thought, you either laugh or your head explodes from the utter stupidity.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Slumdog Millionaire. I hate that it ended up being a misrepresentation of India. That movie made it seem like the whole of India lives like that and child labor and sex trafficking or the norm. That happens, yes but most of the country is normal people. Plus ppl think it's an Indian movie. It's not. It's a tweener American/Indian.

Hugo. That movie was boring AF.

Dunkirk. Zzzzzzz.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I was gonna say the Dark Knight cuz I didn't like those movies as much as everyone else did at the time but My wife says the Twilight series and I agree. She really enjoyed the books so I watched the movies with her. Absolutely terrible imo. So much hype with these movies and i don't know why. They never seemed to get better. I expected the first one to not be that good but after its success I figured they would've put more money into the sequels but no. Everything about it sucked imo. The cast was probably the worst part. Terrible acting across the board.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was gonna say the Dark Knight cuz I didn't like those movies as much as everyone else did at the time but My wife says the Twilight series and I agree. She really enjoyed the books so I watched the movies with her. Absolutely terrible imo. So much hype with these movies and i don't know why. They never seemed to get better. I expected the first one to not be that good but after its success I figured they would've put more money into the sequels but no. Everything about it sucked imo. The cast was probably the worst part. Terrible acting across the board.

Agreed on Dark Knight. It's a glorified crime movie with Batman characters.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Children of Men - Absolute yawn fest and the acting wasn't great either.

Cool Hand Luke - Some parts were interesting, but many of the scenes lasted 10-20 minutes longer than needed. Watching Newnan meeting his mom in the pickup truck is like a timeout for adults.

American Graffiti - Maybe I had to be a teenager during this period, but it was plotless and didn't have much as far as entertainment value. I know a lot of you will disagree, but was the movie good or just nostalgic of the era?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Leaving Las Vegas and Lost in Translation for me.

To the poster who dissed Cool Hand Luke, ‘What we have here is … failure to communicate’.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
To the poster who dissed Cool Hand Luke, ‘What we have here is … failure to communicate’.
1627597803644.png

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal told me Boogie Nights disappointed him since Dirk’s final scene wasn’t LONG enough.

Mark Wahlberg Movie GIF

@CGI_Ram forwarding through the Blu-Ray to the final scene

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never watched LaLa Land all the way through and I only watched the freeway scene because my niece was one of the choreograpgers who created and danced in that freeway dance scene....lol. @AvengerRam

Angel Heart really sucked. A Navy buddy saw that movie and it wrecked his crush on sweet, innocent Lisa Bonet from the Cosby Show. The movied pretty much ruined Lisa Bonet's markatability because her image was ruined, so that was kind of funny...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I never watched LaLa Land all the way through and I only watched the freeway scene because my niece was one of the choreograpgers who created and danced in that freeway dance scene....lol. @AvengerRam

Angel Heart really sucked. A Navy buddy saw that movie and it wrecked his crush on sweet, innocent Lisa Bonet from the Cosby Show. The movied pretty much ruined Lisa Bonet's markatability because her image was ruined, so that was kind of funny...
I dug Angel Heart.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A few random movies:

Quiz Show-- A highly acclaimed movie (one of my all-time faves) that absolutely TANKED at the box office. Undeservedly, one of the worst box office flops of all time.

Joker-- agreed with @Memento... this movie sucked and didn't deserve the praise and attention it received. Regarding the emotional arc of the character-- Nothing in that movie rings true.

Inception-- mixed feelings on this one. I freaking loved this movie when it first came out, saw it in a packed house, everyone gasped at the final wobble of the spinning top. But it doesn't hold up well on subsequent viewings, IMHO.

Movie 43-- I'm sure many would disagree, but this movie wasn't as colossally epically bad as critics thought. Yes, many skits were horrible, but some were funny. The good ones: Homeschooling with Liv Schrieber and Naomi Watts; Testicle Neck with Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet; and blind date with Halle Berry and Stephen Merchant.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That’s not what Aquaman thinks

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
American Beauty…. Pedophile movie

American Hustle…. Blah movie with All Star cast

Titanic….Rose killed Jack right? @Loyal

English Patient….Freaking long dream

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Um...yeah... she was great. I was talking...errr...about the other dancers.

Some more for the list...

Pretty much every movie made by Wes Anderson

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Um...yeah... she was great. I was talking...errr...about the other dancers.

Some more for the list...

Pretty much every movie made by Wes Anderson
Yeah, I couldn't watch it because I think musicals/movies are garbage, but that's just my opinion..lol. I'd rather watch Dirty Harry...