Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just play Jimi’s rendition before the game. That shit reaches everybody.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I scratched my head and a few cells died of Covid-19 as reported by CNN

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I guess people are still using it despite studies concluding that it doesn’t work at all.

You have to consider the source of the study. If it is the best interest of the people doing the study HCQ is useless, that is what they will find. If it is in the best interest of the people doing the study or prescribing HCQ, that it saves lives, that is what they will find. Kind of like the saying about statistics, they can be used to make any point the author chooses to make with them.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Maybe I'm missing something here. But if they overstated the number of completed tests, wouldn't that have an effect on the percentage of positive results? 10% of 400,000 would be different than 10% of 600,000. Unless they are using that new math, I honestly don't understand that new math. When I was in school math was the only exact science, but somehow it got fucked up and 1+1 isn't always 2.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just play Jimi’s rendition before the game. That shit reaches everybody.
Well, almost everybody
Billy apparently cant hear Jimmy...
QuarrelsomeLateKilldeer-max-1mb.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
i fully understand the the meaning of flattening the curve. the curve actually has to flatten.

you seem to be under the impression that getting the number of new cases down to 20,000 per day falls into the description of the quote you just posted. it doesn't.

please, for my sake, just highlight on the chart below where the curve is flattening.

View attachment 38044

Just for future reference, you know you can’t hardly show a flattening of the curve on a graph that just counts total cases over time? The # of cases line will keep going up with each new case. There will never be a curve. You have to show the number of new cases per day. But the curve has been flattened, again.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for future reference, you know you can’t hardly show a flattening of the curve on a graph that just counts total cases over time? The # of cases line will keep going up with each new case. There will never be a curve. You have to show the number of new cases per day. But the curve has been flattened, again.

of course you can.

1597892536872.png

can you guess which curves have flattened out?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Interesting, all you here is the US is a shit show. Yet the CDC lays out the case that's not the truth here. Canada's number is also interesting. It's 24.3 per 100k but the province of Quebec is over 68 per 100k. How low would the US number be without New Yorks 80 or NYC's 282 deaths per 100k. Granted this is all subject to you agreeing with the numbers.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
of course you can.

View attachment 38357

can you guess which curves have flattened out?

none, they are all still going up. ;) 0 new cases would be flat in such a graph. I don't think eradication has happened anywhere. Of course, the whole "flattening the curve" goal is different for every country. The goal is to not outpace your ability to treat the infected. The US has been good in that regard.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David

Interesting, all you here is the US is a shit show. Yet the CDC lays out the case that's not the truth here. Canada's number is also interesting. It's 24.3 per 100k but the province of Quebec is over 68 per 100k. How low would the US number be without New Yorks 80 or NYC's 282 deaths per 100k. Granted this is all subject to you agreeing with the numbers.
Currently, with NY's numbers, the death rate in the US is 3.1% of those who have tested positive. And without NY's numbers that drops to 2.8%. One standard that seems to be holding up is that people under the age of 65 don't have a big problem with it. In the 4 states, I have been tracking the death rate for people under that age is around .031% One-third of one percent. Most of the deaths are people over the age of 65. And for kids under that age of 19 the death rate is .0155%.

In FL in 2020. 27 people under the age of 24 have died from Covid-19. 70 have drowned. 334 have died in car accidents. And 189 have committed suicide.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. You really have no idea what the hell flattening the curve even means at this point. You should quit while you are so far behind.

i know exactly what flattening the curve means. they only showed it to us 24/7 for the first month of the epidemic.

i was always talking about the cumulative cases.

that's the curve you want to see flatten out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
i know exactly what flattening the curve means. they only showed it to us 24/7 for the first month of the epidemic.

i was always talking about the cumulative cases.

that's the curve you want to see flatten out.

I think you serve yourself better by looking at the cases per day on a bar graph which will give a different perspective. You see a more fluid depiction of what's going on if that makes sense.
1597929530009.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you serve yourself better by looking at the cases per day on a bar graph which will give a different perspective. You see a more fluid depiction of what's going on if that makes sense.
View attachment 38364
Well it's hard to reason with someone when they resort to
1589206235552.gif

Fact is, hospitalizations are down to lowest level since first week of July when the crap hit the fan

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
We've done the Worst job in the World, Period. How's that for numbers.

Now I m going to try and stay out of this cause many would think this is political and I'm really not.

Like 67% think, well nevermind.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We've done the Worst job in the World, Period. How's that for numbers.

Now I m going to try and stay out of this cause many would think this is political and I'm really not.

Like 67% think, well nevermind.
Agreed because the 33% of thinkers might be the ones that are right.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.