Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wow, that's a whole lotta dissembling to try to avoid facing what you wrote earlier:

So I go find an article that directly references a peer-reviewed study, and instead of saying "ok, well, there is a peer-reviewed study, maybe there is something to this HCQ thing", you end up more or less running away from your own words and trying to rationalize while my providing information that is explicitly what you asked for doesn't count. All to maintain the "HCQ ... BAD!!!" narrative.

And what does the information in the link you posted say?

Here's one thing, right in the highlights"

" According to a protocol-based treatment algorithm, among hospitalized patients, use of hydroxychloroquine alone and in combination with azithromycin was associated with a significant reduction in-hospital mortality compared to not receiving hydroxychloroquine. " (My emphasis).

That was the second item in the highlights section.

You seize on the line regarding trials, yet the conclusion still states:

"In this multi-hospital assessment, when controlling for COVID-19 risk factors, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and in combination with azithromycin was associated with reduction in COVID-19 associated mortality." (Again, my emphasis).

The study also says this:

"Kaplan–Meier survival curves showed significantly improved survival among patients in the hydroxychloroquine alone and hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin group compared with groups not receiving hydroxychloroquine and those receiving azithromycin alone (Figure 1). The survival curves suggest that the enhanced survival in the hydroxychloroquine alone group persists all the way out to 28 days from admission." (emphasis mine, again).

... and this:

"The results of this study demonstrate that in a strictly monitored protocol-driven in-hospital setting, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was associated with a significant reduction in mortality among patients hospitalized with COVID-19."

That's quite a number of strong statements that they were able to reduce the mortality rate using HCQ, based on a statistically significant sample in a controlled study, peer reviewed. Didn't say it was a magic bullet, didn't say it was a cure, didn't say it worked on all people in all conditions. But the study strongly concludes that they had a high success rate under the conditions under which it was conducted (and surprisingly, that included hospitalization, which means the virus had made significant advances ... which means it performed even better than I had believed it would based on other stuff I'd read, which usually meant administering the drug early and prior to hospitalization).

So getting back to what you said:

... are you going to be honest, or are you going to shift the goalposts now? Because I provided exactly what you said would convince you, and the conclusions of the study are strongly in favor that when applied under certain conditions, HCQ can be an effective treatment for Covid.

As for the remark about India and being an HCQ producer, I have to laugh given that it's an old, inexpensive,out-of-patent drug (unlike the Fauci-touted Remisdivir), so it's not like they are making bank. But you know what skin they do have in the game? Their own people:

This was pre-hospitalization, in a densely-packed slum that would be an absolute playground for the virus absent some sort of pharmaceutical intervention.

"Indian doctors used hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for prophylaxis (preventive) treatment — the same drug the American media have politicized.

Dharavi's COVID-19 infection rate dropped drastically from April through June. In July, new infections were very low, almost reaching zero on July 9.

Officials have credited this turnaround to "[a] combination of hydroxychloroquine, vitamin D, and zinc tablets along with homeopathic medicines.""

Okay, clearly this “discussion” isn’t going to work out. For someone who went out of their way to mention you were happy about how I was going after the content and not the poster, or at least that’s how it seemed, you’ve completely gone against that. You’re not even attempting to understand my central point let alone refute it.

That being said, I’m not moving goalposts dude, I already said that the peer reviewed study that the article was referencing was fine, I had already referenced it before.

So, in essence, you’re claiming that I’m rejecting a study that I reference before you.

What really tickles me pink about all this is I would have been happy to send you a list of other positive trials and discuss the potential impact in the future, but you’ve thoroughly demonstrated that you can’t correctly organize and evaluate these studies that I just don’t have the appetite for that anymore. Bummer, because it probably would have given you a lot of ammo for future discussions, had you wanted to actually talk, and allowed you to attempt to bully yourself into a position of strength against people who I wouldn’t have the knowledge.

My point regarding that study is that the study, is not conclusive. The authors of the paper even said it’s not conclusive, so if one was here, would you be trying the same shit on them?

I understand the desire for scientifically illiterate people to jump to a conclusion based on a research paper, but that is not how science works. You can’t just do a single limited study and make a blanket statement about cures and treatments, that is bad science and frankly dangerous. The writers of that paper themselves say that more testing and trials need to be done. For one, we don’t actually know conclusively that hydroxychloroquine was the reason that they had a reduced death rate. That is in the paper, did you catch it? Cause I did. The authors understood the potential flaw as 77% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine also got steroids, and studies have shown that steroids may help fight Covid for certain patients. If you haven’t heard about those studies and are wondering why you’re hearing about them by me (hey look, I’m handing out free full STANAG’s here!)

Will it work out? Maybe. Is it likely? Who knows, but the science doesn’t show that, yet. There are major risks that come with using hydroxychloroquine, which is why they need to be constantly monitored in a hospital. Also let’s just not act like India cares so much about the wellbeing of their lowest class of people. If that was true, there would be so many other things they would be doing.

I hate to be the rain cloud on the parade here, but there’s just simply not enough evidence, especially when there are so many studies out there that showed no difference. That’s is why you need peer reviewed, repeatable, and testable results. That’s why you need multiple studies and trials ran. That is how science works, it’s not fast and sexy, this isn’t TV, this is real life. I feel like I’m shouting into the void here, I do this for a living guys, you wouldn’t try to bullshit McVay about NFL offenses, and while I’m certainly not the McVay of astrophysics, it’s not hard for me to read and understand scientific papers and scientific jargon, because I’m surrounded by it all day every day.

So when I’m saying I need peer reviewed shit, I’m not moving goal posts. I’m saying that you’re going to need to prove your claims. When you are making claims that go against the experts, you need to have something that gives you credibility. Yes, that study is a good start, which is why I was referencing it before you, and have never said it was bad. Explaining what it actually says is not saying it’s bad. It’s saying what it is. If you don’t like that, then take issue with the paper. I didn’t write it.

The reason why I constantly hammer about my work and education in this thread is not to attempt to position myself as someone better or even smarter, but rather to point out that I understand how science works, the steps, the process. I understand how research works, how to read journals and charts, etc. Science is a different language, just like football guys can seemingly speak another language, or military guys, or inside jokes, being able to read and understand raw science is a skill that must be learned.

But regardless, the science says HCQ is an effective treatment. It is cheap, safe and effective, what do we have to lose? People are dying without it and living with it, it is also showing to be effective at preventing covid when used as a prophylaxis. I had a conversation with a woman today that takes HCQ for lupus, her husband caught covid and their son ended up catching it. She didnt catch it and when she spoke with her Dr about it, he told her that because she was taking HCQ chances of her getting it were slim to none. Although the HCQ wasnt necessarily the only reason she didnt get it, it isnt spread that easily either. My wife was quarantined in the same house as me neither of us wore a mask and she didnt catch it.

It does not say that. This study showed some promise, but there are far more studies out there that show no benefit that makes the risks unnecessary. A few small studies showing some benefit is great, and that’s why trials and testing are being done surrounding them. Science is not a fast process, and it can’t be sped up like that. Making sweeping conclusions so quickly just doesn’t work, I’m sorry. I honestly don’t know how else I can really say it.

I guess in football terms, we can look at the concept like a single drive or game. Drew Brees throwing a pick in OT, bad play, does it erase all his good plays? Mahomes won the Super Bowl last year, does that erase his MNF loss to the Rams in 2018? Does the MNF loss mean that you can count on Mahomes to produce 5 turnovers a game? Cause there’s a lot of data in other games that point to a different story.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It does not say that. This study showed some promise, but there are far more studies out there that show no benefit that makes the risks unnecessary. A few small studies showing some benefit is great, and that’s why trials and testing are being done surrounding them. Science is not a fast process, and it can’t be sped up like that. Making sweeping conclusions so quickly just doesn’t work, I’m sorry. I honestly don’t know how else I can really say it.

I guess in football terms, we can look at the concept like a single drive or game. Drew Brees throwing a pick in OT, bad play, does it erase all his good plays? Mahomes won the Super Bowl last year, does that erase his MNF loss to the Rams in 2018? Does the MNF loss mean that you can count on Mahomes to produce 5 turnovers a game? Cause there’s a lot of data in other games that point to a different story.

So if it only saves 50% of the patients that are treated with it, it still saved lives. Why is it ok to not try and save patients just because they have caught a virus, that can be treated successfully. When I share my story of alcoholism and drug addiction I share it in hope that I can change the life of 1 person. Because saving a life is something worth doing. When Drs are not allowed to save lives there is a problem with the agency forcing them to watch their patients die, because for whatever reason people dying is more important than saving lives.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
But what about the demon sperm. I know some of you fuck witches in your dreams. I just wish those reptiles in DC will do something about Alien DNA and how this vaccine will make us all anti-religion!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

CF71A1A4-5A84-4C71-A3D9-1BA9CEE46560.jpeg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Okay, clearly this “discussion” isn’t going to work out. For someone who went out of their way to mention you were happy about how I was going after the content and not the poster, or at least that’s how it seemed, you’ve completely gone against that. You’re not even attempting to understand my central point let alone refute it.

That being said, I’m not moving goalposts dude, I already said that the peer reviewed study that the article was referencing was fine, I had already referenced it before.

So, in essence, you’re claiming that I’m rejecting a study that I reference before you.

What really tickles me pink about all this is I would have been happy to send you a list of other positive trials and discuss the potential impact in the future, but you’ve thoroughly demonstrated that you can’t correctly organize and evaluate these studies that I just don’t have the appetite for that anymore. Bummer, because it probably would have given you a lot of ammo for future discussions, had you wanted to actually talk, and allowed you to attempt to bully yourself into a position of strength against people who I wouldn’t have the knowledge.

My point regarding that study is that the study, is not conclusive. The authors of the paper even said it’s not conclusive, so if one was here, would you be trying the same shit on them?

I understand the desire for scientifically illiterate people to jump to a conclusion based on a research paper, but that is not how science works. You can’t just do a single limited study and make a blanket statement about cures and treatments, that is bad science and frankly dangerous. The writers of that paper themselves say that more testing and trials need to be done. For one, we don’t actually know conclusively that hydroxychloroquine was the reason that they had a reduced death rate. That is in the paper, did you catch it? Cause I did. The authors understood the potential flaw as 77% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine also got steroids, and studies have shown that steroids may help fight Covid for certain patients. If you haven’t heard about those studies and are wondering why you’re hearing about them by me (hey look, I’m handing out free full STANAG’s here!)

Will it work out? Maybe. Is it likely? Who knows, but the science doesn’t show that, yet. There are major risks that come with using hydroxychloroquine, which is why they need to be constantly monitored in a hospital. Also let’s just not act like India cares so much about the wellbeing of their lowest class of people. If that was true, there would be so many other things they would be doing.

I hate to be the rain cloud on the parade here, but there’s just simply not enough evidence, especially when there are so many studies out there that showed no difference. That’s is why you need peer reviewed, repeatable, and testable results. That’s why you need multiple studies and trials ran. That is how science works, it’s not fast and sexy, this isn’t TV, this is real life. I feel like I’m shouting into the void here, I do this for a living guys, you wouldn’t try to bullshit McVay about NFL offenses, and while I’m certainly not the McVay of astrophysics, it’s not hard for me to read and understand scientific papers and scientific jargon, because I’m surrounded by it all day every day.

So when I’m saying I need peer reviewed shit, I’m not moving goal posts. I’m saying that you’re going to need to prove your claims. When you are making claims that go against the experts, you need to have something that gives you credibility. Yes, that study is a good start, which is why I was referencing it before you, and have never said it was bad. Explaining what it actually says is not saying it’s bad. It’s saying what it is. If you don’t like that, then take issue with the paper. I didn’t write it.

The reason why I constantly hammer about my work and education in this thread is not to attempt to position myself as someone better or even smarter, but rather to point out that I understand how science works, the steps, the process. I understand how research works, how to read journals and charts, etc. Science is a different language, just like football guys can seemingly speak another language, or military guys, or inside jokes, being able to read and understand raw science is a skill that must be learned.

Well good for you, and good for all that.

But in the middle of the pandemic, you don't always have time to conduct a ton of studies, get peer-review, and all that. You should be the first to know that those things take a lot of time, and that's a lot of time sick people don't have.

Sometimes you just have to go with what is being observed and try to put out the fire with that. And what not only the study observes, but what many front line doctors (not just Ms. Demon Seed) observe, what India observed in a densely packed slum that should have been a gold mine for the virus, etc., is that HCQ has been effective in many cases. It's a drug that has been on the market for decades and can be (and has, for multiple purposes) safely administered to large swaths of the population. There's far more than enough observational data to say, in the middle of a pandemic when time is of the essence, that it's a viable treatment. Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ (save for a moron who ate fish tank cleaner clearly marked not for human consumption), nobody is abusing it like it's oxycontin or vicodin.

What you are calling science now is starting to conflict with basic common sense. I don't need a peer reviewed study to know that ibuprofen is far more effective on headaches with me than acetaminophen or aspirin. Doctors that have successfully treated hundreds of Covid patients with HCQ and seen the virus be eradicated from their bodies don't need a peer reviewed study to know why they got better so fast. And a patient who tested positive and saw his symptoms disappear in short order after their doctor began administering HCQ doesn't need a peer reviewed study either.

It is not a dangerous drug for most, nor is not dangerous to put it out there as a possible treatment for Covid. That brings me back to the point where I jumped in this thread with both feet again - the incredibly hyper-zealous pushback and attempted censorship of anyone who even tries to suggest that HCQ is a viable treatment option for at least some people who have tested positive. You yourself said it was dangerous to put this information out there in a previous post, and defended the decision of the tech giants to attempt their censorship of the same.

If anything is dangerous, it's this insane pushback against any mention whatsoever of the possibility of HCQ as a treatment for a virus that has resulted in an ongoing pandemic, the ridiculous attempts to censor and silence doctors and scientists with opinions different from yours, and the concept of censorship in general which is in full play here.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fuck it. Just start wearing hazmat suits.

Fauci Says Eye Protection Might Be Recommended to Fight Virus

July 29, 2020, 1:49 PM

Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. expert on infectious disease, tells ABC News that eye protection may be recommended as part of effort to prevent spread of Covid-19.
  • “If you have goggles or a face shield you should use it to protect as many mucosal surfaces as possible,” Fauci says in interview carried on Instagram

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ

"Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone."

Again, this is just one study of MANY. This is the whole freaking point... even MORE studies were STOPPED because it was determined too many damn people were dying from this drug. Cripes.

I'll concede there are some studies which show some promising results, but y'all need to concede that there are many studies which show HCQ ineffectiveness AND many studies which imply HCQ has killed people. Yes, killed people.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone."

Again, this is just one study of MANY. This is the whole freaking point... even MORE studies were STOPPED because it was determined too many damn people were dying from this drug. Cripes.

I'll concede there are some studies which show some promising results, but y'all need to concede that there are many studies which show HCQ ineffectiveness AND many studies which imply HCQ has killed people. Yes, killed people.
We’re those 28% people who didn’t respond to the HCQ? Would the 11% have responded the same way and survived with HCQ use or would that have caused them to die? Interesting though hearing this number died from use of it when so many doctors world wide are reporting such success with low failures.
I personally don’t have an opinion on the drug it’s just so comical there are such vastly different reports from the experts.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I wrote the following:

"Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ."

See the emphasis?

Did anyone that died in the citation you provided die FROM (i.e. BECAUSE of) HCQ, or did they die of other causes while being administered HCQ. Nothing in what you cited provides any statement that HCQ as the cause of their deaths, it only notes they died while being treated with HCQ.

Big difference there.

Either you missed the implication of "from" or, if not the former, you are making an inference that they died because of the drug. If it is the latter, that point is wholly unsupported by what you have cited.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fuck it. Just start wearing hazmat suits.

Fauci Says Eye Protection Might Be Recommended to Fight Virus

July 29, 2020, 1:49 PM

Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. expert on infectious disease, tells ABC News that eye protection may be recommended as part of effort to prevent spread of Covid-19.
  • “If you have goggles or a face shield you should use it to protect as many mucosal surfaces as possible,” Fauci says in interview carried on Instagram

He'll probably be recommending we all wear pressure suits like astronauts by the time this pandemic is over (which they will be loathe to admit when it happens).

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I wrote the following:

"Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ."

See the emphasis?

Did anyone that died in the citation you provided die FROM (i.e. BECAUSE of) HCQ, or did they die of other causes while being administered HCQ. Nothing in what you cited provides any statement that HCQ as the cause of their deaths, it only notes they died while being treated with HCQ.

Big difference there.

Either you missed the implication of "from" or, if not the former, you are making an inference that they died because of the drug. If it is the latter, that point is wholly unsupported by what you have cited.

From the London study:
“These data convincingly rule out any meaningful mortality benefit,” wrote the investigators.... Martin Landray of the University of Oxford, one of Recovery’s principal investigators, agrees: “If you, your spouse, your mother gets admitted to hospital and is offered hydroxychloroquine, don’t take it,” he says.

From the Brazil study:
“When the trial’s independent data safety monitoring team saw the number of deaths in the high-dose group rise rapidly, they alerted the researchers and asked for that arm to be stopped. Of 81 patients enrolled at the time, seven in the high-dose group had died, versus four in the low-dose group. By the times the results were published, those numbers had risen to 16 and six, respectively. Two patients from the high-dose group developed dangerous cardiac arrhythmias before death, a known side effect from chloroquine, and warning signs for future heart trouble were more common in the high-dose group.“

From the Spain study:
“A second large PEP trial has come up empty as well, its leader tells Science. Carried out in Barcelona, Spain, that study randomized more than 2300 people exposed to the virus to either hydroxychloroquine or the usual care. There was no significant difference between the number of people in each group who developed COVID-19”

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

From the London study:
“These data convincingly rule out any meaningful mortality benefit,” wrote the investigators.... Martin Landray of the University of Oxford, one of Recovery’s principal investigators, agrees: “If you, your spouse, your mother gets admitted to hospital and is offered hydroxychloroquine, don’t take it,” he says.

From the Brazil study:
“When the trial’s independent data safety monitoring team saw the number of deaths in the high-dose group rise rapidly, they alerted the researchers and asked for that arm to be stopped. Of 81 patients enrolled at the time, seven in the high-dose group had died, versus four in the low-dose group. By the times the results were published, those numbers had risen to 16 and six, respectively. Two patients from the high-dose group developed dangerous cardiac arrhythmias before death, a known side effect from chloroquine, and warning signs for future heart trouble were more common in the high-dose group.“

So far all you have produced is two deaths from people who developed cardiac arrythmias before death. Even that doesn't say HCQ was the actual cause of death in those cases.

You'd think if people were dropping like flies from taking a drug that was approved over 60 years ago was so prevalent, you'd have an easier time finding examples ... as easy as I can find examples of people that were helped by the same drug. Yet here we are.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So if it only saves 50% of the patients that are treated with it, it still saved lives. Why is it ok to not try and save patients just because they have caught a virus, that can be treated successfully. When I share my story of alcoholism and drug addiction I share it in hope that I can change the life of 1 person. Because saving a life is something worth doing. When Drs are not allowed to save lives there is a problem with the agency forcing them to watch their patients die, because for whatever reason people dying is more important than saving lives.

First, it didn't save 50%, where did you get that number? And second, nobody is saying that it's not okay to treat patients, clearly trials are being done and some patients are being treated with it with varying degrees of success. That is what trials are for. My point is that you can't just jump to the end, say that it's good when we don't have nearly enough data, and that is even more important when there are major risks for it, and there is a significant amount of data suggesting that there is no benefit. These things are important, you can't rush science man.

Doctors are not sitting there crying out for Hydroxychloroquine and not being able to get it, their hospitals almost assuredly have supplies. They're not treating patients with it because they don't want to.

I think that may be a misunderstanding on some people's part as well. The FDA didn't ban the use of Hydroxychloroquine. They initially issued a statement saying to use it for emergency treatment, then as data came out pointing to no benefit, they revoked that statement. That's it. They told hospitals to wind down their use of it to not drain supply, but there's nothing stopping the individual doctor from using it if they wanted to. They just don't want to because they understand that the science is incomplete.

Nobody is gonna kick down the door and perp walk the doc for treating a patient who has Covid with Hydroxychloroquine.

Well good for you, and good for all that.

But in the middle of the pandemic, you don't always have time to conduct a ton of studies, get peer-review, and all that. You should be the first to know that those things take a lot of time, and that's a lot of time sick people don't have.

That's not how science works man, you can try to paint as ugly a picture as you want and make Hydroxychloroquine to be the hero that saves us all, but that's not how it works. If we wanted to understand Covid faster we shouldn't have gotten rid of the departments whose job it was to study and prepare for these types of things. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, we absolutely butcher budgets for science and math and now when the world is going tits up you're wondering why the science and math isn't working faster? We're reaping what we sowed man.

Sometimes you just have to go with what is being observed and try to put out the fire with that. And what not only the study observes, but what many front line doctors (not just Ms. Demon Seed) observe, what India observed in a densely packed slum that should have been a gold mine for the virus, etc., is that HCQ has been effective in many cases. It's a drug that has been on the market for decades and can be (and has, for multiple purposes) safely administered to large swaths of the population. There's far more than enough observational data to say, in the middle of a pandemic when time is of the essence, that it's a viable treatment. Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ (save for a moron who ate fish tank cleaner clearly marked not for human consumption), nobody is abusing it like it's oxycontin or vicodin.

Except that's not being observed, you can try and make it be that way all you want, but that's not what is actually being observed. This is the problem when you look for science that only fits your argument, you're automatically ignoring a lot of data, a lot of relevant data. Front line doctors who wish to treat a patient with Hydroxychloroquine can do that. They're not because they don't want to, not because they're banned.

You wanna take Hydroxychloroquine? Go right the fuck ahead man, literally the only thing stopping you is finding a doctor who'll write the prescription, and chances are it wont be hard to find one who will.

Take it with all your hearts content, I really don't care.

But that wont change the science or the data.

If it makes you feel better, then be my guest.

What you are calling science now is starting to conflict with basic common sense. I don't need a peer reviewed study to know that ibuprofen is far more effective on headaches with me than acetaminophen or aspirin. Doctors that have successfully treated hundreds of Covid patients with HCQ and seen the virus be eradicated from their bodies don't need a peer reviewed study to know why they got better so fast. And a patient who tested positive and saw his symptoms disappear in short order after their doctor began administering HCQ doesn't need a peer reviewed study either.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read, you're literally just announcing that nothing you say regarding this topic should be listened to because unless it fits your view you'll reject it.

It is not a dangerous drug for most, nor is not dangerous to put it out there as a possible treatment for Covid. That brings me back to the point where I jumped in this thread with both feet again - the incredibly hyper-zealous pushback and attempted censorship of anyone who even tries to suggest that HCQ is a viable treatment option for at least some people who have tested positive. You yourself said it was dangerous to put this information out there in a previous post, and defended the decision of the tech giants to attempt their censorship of the same.

Again, doctors are free to use it. The fact that you don't even know that really shows how much independent research you've done on this. Sure, you got the big talking points down, but the Devil is always in the details. And there are most certainly side affects to Hydroxychloroquine. Ask your doctor about them when you ask for your prescription. Maybe at your health there will be absolutely zero risk and he'll give you the green light. I don't know your situation.

If anything is dangerous, it's this insane pushback against any mention whatsoever of the possibility of HCQ as a treatment for a virus that has resulted in an ongoing pandemic, the ridiculous attempts to censor and silence doctors and scientists with opinions different from yours, and the concept of censorship in general which is in full play here.

Oh please, this statement just means nothing. There are currently studies and tests being done, the problem is that most of the results are coming out and not supporting these other results. As soon as there's a positive case study, other case studies will attempt to replicate that and see if the theory is repeatable. Testable, repeatable. The most testable and repeatable positive studies the more data to support the theory, the more likely other doctors will use it as well. That is how it's always been and it's gonna be for the foreseeable future. It's just the scientific process, it's the reason why people are still doing experiments based on Einstein's theories, it's all about collecting more data and getting a better picture.

You can't get the color red and automatically assume it's a picture of a fire truck.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So far all you have produced is two deaths from people who developed cardiac arrythmias before death. Even that doesn't say HCQ was the actual cause of death in those cases.

You'd think if people were dropping like flies from taking a drug that was approved over 60 years ago was so prevalent, you'd have an easier time finding examples ... as easy as I can find examples of people that were helped by the same drug. Yet here we are.
First you said “Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ.”

Now you note that people aren’t “dropping like flies”?

Talk about moving the goalposts....!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
First you said “Nobody is dropping dead from HCQ.”

Now you note that people aren’t “dropping like flies”?

Talk about moving the goalposts....!!

FROM is still the operative word.

If you are going to double down on the assertion that people are dying FROM taking HCQ, show your work. So far, you haven't shown one definitive case of someone dying FROM taking HCQ, only people who have died WHILE taking HCQ. Even I haven't claimed it will prevent any and all Covid deaths, but if it prevents some that's better than none.

bluecoconuts

Legend

If you are going to double down on the assertion that people are dying FROM taking HCQ, show your work. So far, you haven't shown one definitive case of someone dying FROM taking HCQ, only people who have died WHILE taking HCQ. Even I haven't claimed it will prevent any and all Covid deaths, but if it prevents some that's better than none.

Funny stuff.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Yeah, that’s the whole point of these scientific studies.

Correlation or causation? "With" or "from"?

You're asking for "definitive" proof? Unfortunately science rarely provides 100% certainty. But it can often illuminate statistically significant probability.

And why performing MANY studies is better than just a few.

As you yourself acknowledged, many people died WHILE taking HCQ. Many scientists around the world have concluded that there is a statistically significant probability that these people died FROM taking HCQ.

If you wish to dismiss the opinion of the vast majority of scientists around the world, that is of course your right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.