Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I’m not against the use of HCQ because of one kooky doctor. I’m against the use of HCQ because of recommendations by the FDA. The FDA goes by weighing the preponderance of the evidence from hundreds of studies worldwide.

(But yeah, if ppl want to argue that the FDA is against it because of some grand conspiracy, there’s nothing I can say to refute that. And if there are “armchair quarterbacks” who think their ability to evaluate the science is superior to that of the FDA, I can’t argue with that either. Again, people are gonna persist in believing what they want to believe no matter what.)

Q. Why was the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HCQ) and chloroquine phosphate (CQ) revoked?

Specifically, FDA has determined that CQ and HCQ are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA. Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of CQ and HCQ no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use.

I said from the very beginning of all this— way back in March and April— that I hated that HCQ was politicized. If the FDA supported HCQ, I’d support it too. If the FDA recommended against it, I’d stay away from it.

Follow the science. That is all.
Yeah I’m still holding my breath for your response or even Rambos comeback at @Raptorman post

sorta gives your side an unfavorable look there champ :hush:

C’mon now, don’t duck this, fire away

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This isn’t about actors having weird religious beliefs.

This is about a medical doctor expressing crazy-town medical opinions. (And prominent leaders of our country retweeting her post with the caption “fearless warrior for truth”).

Dr. Immanuel says ovarian cysts are caused by dream sex with demons. (Not to mention her thoughts about reptilian overlords in the government who use magic 8-balls and splice alien DNA into vaccines).

So go ahead and believe her when she says, “Hello, you don’t need to wear a mask. There is a cure.”

Good Lord

Just unbelievable how entrenched some people are in their own opinions, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If “dream sex with demons” isn’t enough to provoke a little doubt, then nothing can.

She may be a bit looney, ok more than a bit. But that doesnt take away from the other Drs on that panel, and again the facts are the facts HCQ is safe, cheap and effective. It has been proven all around the world and several Drs in America agree. IMO it is because nobody gets rich off a cheap generic drug and maybe 1 other agenda that keeps covid going in America. We could treat the ones that need treatment and maybe even save those that dont need treatment a week or so of suffering. The vast majority of cases dont need treatment, but why not treat those that do need it. If its a matter of treating the virus with HCQ or dying, which would you chose?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah I’m still holding my breath for your response or even Rambos comeback at @Raptorman post

sorta gives your side an unfavorable look there champ :hush:

C’mon now, don’t duck this, fire away
Honestly don’t know what u are referring to. What specific part of the post?

He knows 5 people who took HCQ and then said they felt better? Ever looked up studies about the incredible power of the placebo effect? C’mon. SCIENCE is what matters, not personal anecdotes.

The stats re. old vs. young? Yeah, I agree, young people are extremely unlikely to have serious problems with Covid.

Closing up swimming pools? Whatever.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Flatly untrue.

As linked upthread, there was a scientific study of over 2500 patients. It used all the scientific protocols for such a study and got the stamp of approval from peer review. It was conducted on Covid-positive patients who for whom the illness had progressed enough to require hospitalization. And the results of that study showed (their words) "significant" reduction in mortality relative to groups that were not administered the drug. You can't simply ignore that and then admonish others to "follow the science". When you do that, you are ignoring evidence that contradicts your belief, which is about as unscientific as it gets.
No, I addressed this head-on. I specifically conceded that there were studies which showed some positive results. I said it before and I’ll say it again: go with the preponderance of the evidence.

If this one study is so damn important, then why hasn’t the FDA changed their stance? And why do you continue to ignore the tons of studies which have shown HCQ to be ineffective with Covid?

Look, if by some miracle the FDA changes their view on HCQ, I will too. I dont have a personal stake in this. I don’t give a shit about the politics of HCQ. I’ll just go with the opinion of the vast majority of our scientists.

And @OldSchool, your repeated failed attempts at simplistic “gotcha” debating points are tiresome. Sorry you have such a hard time admitting you’re wrong about everything on this topic.:D

All you guys who think you know better than the FDA about which drugs are safe and effective to treat Covid? Please.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And @OldSchool, your repeated failed attempts at simplistic “gotcha” debating points are tiresome. Sorry you have such a hard time admitting you’re wrong about everything on this topic.:D
I'm not wrong on anything but thank you for playing. If I was it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though. Have a great night.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
All, gonna try real hard to take another break from this thread. If you have a covid question for me, please just ask coconuts or Mac or 12inbox instead. I tend to agree with over 99% of what those guys have to say.

My take on everything is "follow the science." IMHO the USA is in a world of hurt because of our consistent failure to follow the science.

Masks? Follow the science. When and how to reopen businesses and schools? Follow the science. What drugs to take to fight this thing? Follow the science.

Go Rams

(gotta admit I tend to forget this is a Rams board and not a Covid board!) :oops:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t trust random stories of people “taking HCQ and saying it works.” That could just as easily mean they were never exposed in the first place.
But you will use the results of a poll of 570 people to determine what the entire US Population is doing?
Mmmm... Ok...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ironically, some fella named Fauci wrote a paper on it in 2015 calling it a "cure" for Corona viruses. What boils my blood is there are pharmacies refusing to fill a doctor's script for it for their patients. What the hell is that about? I'm afraid I might become violent at that point. :oops:

Probably because they want to give it to people that need it for other diseases.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Regarding Dr Demon Sperm, it's very clear that she has some whacko Religious beliefs, but she's part of a group of doctors that have used a specific medication to treat the virus, and have used it successfully. We can all agree on that, I think. Let's add some worse case scenarios and say that it only worked for them ... 1% of the time. Say they only saved like, I don't know, 20 lives. Say it didn't work on 2,000 people they also treated. Really poor results. Just anecdotal evidence all around.

So. Fucking. What.

Is this somehow dangerous information to hear? To tout the efficacy of a drug that nobody can get? Was it right for Twitter and Facebook to completely remove any evidence that they ever even spoke about it? Is it right for their web host to delete their entire website? For journalists to run at them full-force with a smear campaign to make them look like complete whack jobs? All of the Doctors? They're not the only doctors to have made such a claim, but I do see those other videos becoming very scarce as well. And why is it that CNN gets to say the very same thing, while citing a similar study, and absolutely nothing happens to their web traffic or their post (which is still up)? If people can't see that there's control of information flow from the very top of the information food chain, then I don't know what to tell you anymore. Enjoy what you're allowed to see, I guess.

Keep wearing your masks, because the science says it helps. I agree with that. Studies have shown how it mitigates the spread. BUT. Keep wearing your masks, because the flu also causes tens of thousands of deaths annually in the U.S., and hundreds of thousands globally. Including hundreds of children every year right here. The science says masks will help with that. Don't be one of those people who refuses to wear one next flu season. And don't you dare question the science behind it. No matter how many doctors say the vaccine works. They're just trying to fuck your head up with false hope. You can still die from the flu even after getting vaccinated, so don't be a dick and walk around without one.

Watch. You'll see.
And if we're not *told* to wear one in 2021, someone will have to explain to me why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.jpg
    Screenshot_11.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 38

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regarding Dr Demon Sperm, it's very clear that she has some whacko Religious beliefs, but she's part of a group of doctors that have used a specific medication to treat the virus, and have used it successfully. We can all agree on that, I think. Let's add some worse case scenarios and say that it only worked for them ... 1% of the time. Say they only saved like, I don't know, 20 lives. Say it didn't work on 2,000 people they also treated. Really poor results. Just anecdotal evidence all around.

So. Fucking. What.

Is this somehow dangerous information to hear? To tout the efficacy of a drug that nobody can get? Was it right for Twitter and Facebook to completely remove any evidence that they ever even spoke about it? Is it right for their web host to delete their entire website? For journalists to run at them full-force with a smear campaign to make them look like complete whack jobs? All of the Doctors? They're not the only doctors to have made such a claim, but I do see those other videos becoming very scarce as well. And why is it that CNN gets to say the very same thing, while citing a similar study, and absolutely nothing happens to their web traffic or their post (which is still up)? If people can't see that there's control of information flow from the very top of the information food chain, then I don't know what to tell you anymore. Enjoy what you're allowed to see, I guess.

Keep wearing your masks, because the science says it helps. I agree with that. Studies have shown how it mitigates the spread. BUT. Keep wearing your masks, because the flu also causes tens of thousands of deaths annually in the U.S., and hundreds of thousands globally. Including hundreds of children every year right here. The science says masks will help with that. Don't be one of those people who refuses to wear one next flu season. And don't you dare question the science behind it. No matter how many doctors say the vaccine works. They're just trying to fuck your head up with false hope. You can still die from the flu even after getting vaccinated, so don't be a dick and walk around without one.

Watch. You'll see.
And if we're not *told* to wear one in 2021, someone will have to explain to me why.

Yeah but this virus has already surpassed that in 6 months. And that's with the world going into lockdown for a couple of months. People actually washing and cleaning their hands.

I bet the numbers this year for the flu plummet from previous years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mean, the numbers counted this year for the flu? I'll bet you're right. I'll bet they're remarkably low.

Well i didn't mean it the way you think it will recorded with that tone.

I think with many people social distancing, wearing masks and washing their hands, the number of people that will get sick from the flu is gonna be much lower than normal.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That seems irrelevant since there is a stockpile of it.

Really? I've been out of the loop. The first time this drug was brought up in March or April there was limited supply and India was saying they weren't gonna export any more of it.

Must have changed. Why else would they refuse to hand it over?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Really? I've been out of the loop. The first time this drug was brought up in March or April there was limited supply and India was saying they weren't gonna export any more of it.

Must have changed. Why else would they refuse to hand it over?

Our military keeps a stockpile for the malaria threat when troops are deployed but not sure they would deplete that too much but Israel sent us a rather large shipment not long ago and the US Government has been stockpiling it since mid March so........

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Wait - we are back to hydroxychloroquine? Oh boy.

It’s gonna take me a while to get thru the last several pages of the thread but I’ll try to tag back in tonight. Just to take a guess before I read it all - it totally works and the scientific community is just against it because they hate the Pres and they want us all to fail?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wait - we are back to hydroxychloroquine? Oh boy.

It’s gonna take me a while to get thru the last several pages of the thread but I’ll try to tag back in tonight. Just to take a guess before I read it all - it totally works and the scientific community is just against it because they hate the Pres and they want us all to fail?
No. At least not for me. It has nothing to do with the scientific community, with the Pres, or even if it does or doesn't work. Start to talk about it with me and I'll just delete all your responses. Then, maybe, you'll understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.