Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
*cringe*

Now everybody is intent on making the face mask into a physical badge of tribal identity, and wearing the mask is now about publicly distinguishing the virtuous, even though it does nothing in casual public settings. Fuck sakes. Just to prove a point to my buddy Nick at work today, I wore a mask made of cheese-cloth into Whole Foods (because you can't go in otherwise in Greenville), and nobody said fuck all. It was worthless, but I was nonetheless virtuous.

Why cheesecloth? That's what we use to strain slightly contaminated hydro oil, so I have a ton of it.
Yeah, and I *cringe* when I see millions of Americans refusing to do a simple act that can probably reduce the spread. We just disagree on this, man.

And just for the record— yeah, I can totally see your point about how wearing a mask while trying to lift heavy equipment would be just awful. (Wish there was any way to create more physical distance away from your work area?) So yes, in certain specific instances, I totally understand why wearing a mask doesn’t make much sense (and is also a gigantic pain in the butt.)

And I know you keep citing that one article about mask ineffectiveness, but as u know there are dozens and dozens of other medical reports which support the effectiveness of widespread mask use.

Just last week, the head of the USA Center for Disease Control, Dr.
Robert Redfield, said the following: “If we could get everybody to wear a mask right now, I really think in the next four, six, eight weeks, we could bring this epidemic under control.”

So who should I trust more, the head of USA CDC, or my fellow Ram fan -X- from ROD? I’ll go with the guy whose entire career has been devoted to studying disease containment.

As always, nothing personal, just agree to disagree, cheers

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So who should I trust more, the head of USA CDC, or my fellow Ram fan -X- from ROD? I’ll go with the guy whose entire career has been devoted to studying disease containment.
Smart move. I did the same thing when they all (including Fauci - e.g., the infectious disease god) said masks were useless and we’re all I’ll-informed serfs for buying them. Lots of them still do, but they’re not your guy, so you win I suppose.

Tomorrow.

That’s when I’ll go ahead and lay it all out and give you more than just the simplistic contrarian view you think I hold in the name of rebellion or some such thing. The whole enchilada - with source sauce. So have a light breakfast, yeah? And try not to die in the interim.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
You see millions? Really?
Millions?
Recent poll said that 11% of Americans still do not wear masks in public. That’s a big improvement from a poll back in April, when 31% of Americans would not.

So yeah, it is literally true that millions of Americans still refuse to wear masks in public.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You see millions? Really?
Millions?
Yeah as most of you know i work with the public. I see roughly 1,200 customers a day in my building, and i'm here to tell you that here in the AZ metropolitan hotbed of irresponsible anti maskers that easily 98% of those people are masked up. I see the same away from work.

People need to turn off the news media.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Recent poll said that 11% of Americans still do not wear masks in public. That’s a big improvement from a poll back in April, when 31% of Americans would not.

So yeah, it is literally true that millions of Americans still refuse to wear masks in public.

Right now I choose to wear masks, but it won't be forever like some seem to want. I chose to wear a mask at the dinky job that I do part time, and will until I have had enough. Some people are saying this is the new normal. Fuck that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*cringe*

Now everybody is intent on making the face mask into a physical badge of tribal identity, and wearing the mask is now about publicly distinguishing the virtuous, even though it does nothing in casual public settings. Fuck sakes. Just to prove a point to my buddy Nick at work today, I wore a mask made of cheese-cloth into Whole Foods (because you can't go in otherwise in Greenville), and nobody said fuck all. It was worthless, but I was nonetheless virtuous.

Why cheesecloth? That's what we use to strain slightly contaminated hydro oil, so I have a ton of it.
Ran into a guy while working today here in Reno with a mask that said "This mask is as useless as our Governor". Offered to buy him a drink but they closed the bars :(

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Smart move. I did the same thing when they all (including Fauci - e.g., the infectious disease god) said masks were useless and we’re all I’ll-informed serfs for buying them. Lots of them still do, but they’re not your guy, so you win I suppose.

Tomorrow.

That’s when I’ll go ahead and lay it all out and give you more than just the simplistic contrarian view you think I hold in the name of rebellion or some such thing. The whole enchilada - with source sauce. So have a light breakfast, yeah? And try not to die in the interim.
I’ll go ahead and lay it all out and give you more than just the simplistic contrarian view you think I hold in the name of rebellion or some such thing.
I do not believe you hold a “simplistic contrarian view.”

That’s precisely why I find this thread so aggravating....because
so many posters in this thread are smart, articulate, well read, and open to the give and take of ideas.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not believe you hold a “simplistic contrarian view.”

That’s precisely why I find this thread so aggravating....because
so many posters in this thread are smart, articulate, well read, and open to the give and take of ideas.
*Thinks, Ah schucks...

oldnotdead

Legend
Reality check for those that think kids can't get the virus. Over 216,000 kids 17 and younger have gotten it to date and that figure is growing. If you figure 1% of them die then we are talking about well over 2,100 of them will die. What price is acceptable? To me, all of it is unacceptable because most of it is preventable. So people are dying because some people don't want to be inconvenienced or feel their personal liberties are being taken away by simply wearing a mask? Are you kidding me?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ran into a guy while working today here in Reno with a mask that said "This mask is as useless as our Governor". Offered to buy him a drink but they closed the bars :(
I saw a mask with that message and almost bought it!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reality check for those that think kids can't get the virus. Over 216,000 kids 17 and younger have gotten it to date and that figure is growing. If you figure 1% of them die then we are talking about well over 2,100 of them will die. What price is acceptable? To me, all of it is unacceptable because most of it is preventable. So people are dying because some people don't want to be inconvenienced or feel their personal liberties are being taken away by simply wearing a mask? Are you kidding me?
Over 2000 children die every year in car crashes. Driving is a privilege, so we could solve all of those preventable deaths by just taking the bus? Are you kidding me?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe it or not, none of us get out of this life alive. Accidents happen, diseases come from seemingly from nowhere, wars happen. We can't live our lives afraid. Get Covid and deal with the symptoms if you can and don't guilt trip people that are living as they always have. Stay at home if you are worried so much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You said that you see millions not wearing masks.
No, you don’t.
You “cringe” because an article that is nearly a month old, which polled only 579 people Says what now?
Thats precisely the problem. That poll merely said 10% of the 579 polled thought people weren’t wearing masks in public.
58 people is not “millions”
And what’s laughable is that the actual poll cams from an article which was titled:
Americans increasingly cautious as coronavirus cases surge

Status
Not open for further replies.