Cover Songs That Are Better Than The Original

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Didn't know that these were covers.
Sloop John B- The Beach Boys
Killing Me Softly- The Fugees

Last edited:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes Valerie was originally by The Zutons which no one seems to know. I actually prefer that version. The Jam released a song called Start! which is basically Taxman by the Beatles and is better in my eyes.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another one I’d include is Mad World by Gary Jules/Michael Andrews, which I prefer over the Tears for Fears original.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
1. Wild Horses - The Sundays (originally by The Rolling Stones)
Love this version too, was also a Buffy fan. I've always thought that this was by Mazzy Star. Turns out that Mazzy Star never covered this song despite there being links on the web and YouTube.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
This needs including in the conversation. Definite upgrade of Thin Lizzy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love this version too, was also a Buffy fan. I've always thought that this was by Mazzy Star. Turns out that Mazzy Star never covered this song despite there being links on the web and YouTube.
I think Mazzy Star’s Fade into You May have also been featured on Buffy.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Before I get to a controversial opinion, I submit that I Prevail did an awesome job with a Taylor Swift song.

View: https://youtu.be/czb_CZfWko8

Aerosmith's cover of Come Together was better than the Beatles imo. Mostly I just like Steven Tyler's voice and the sound of the instruments better (which can also be said of every other cover of a Beatles song; sorry not sorry).

Five Finger Death Punch has a few bad ass covers too.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Take Me To the River" - Talking Heads: Original By Al Green
"Respect" - Aretha Franklin: Original by Otis Redding