Cover Songs That Are Better Than The Original

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This is more of a tribute than a cover, but this version of Stairway to Heaven is something special. If you have not watched the Wilson sisters and Jason Bonham bring the surviving members of Led Zeppelin to tears, take a few minutes to do so.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZ_EFAmj08

Holy Living Fuck...!!!

This starts out kinda slow, but when it builds, and the whole group gets rockin', just .... wow.

Made me cry a bit, and that hardly ever happens anymore. Couldn't handle it watching the aging Zep members taking it all in.

Thanks for posting. What a knockout.

Last edited:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Holy Living Fuck...!!!

This starts out kinda slow, but when it builds, and the whole group gets rockin', just .... wow.

Made me cry a bit, and that hardly ever happens anymore. Couldn't handle it watching the aging Zep members taking it all in.

Thanks for posting. What a knockout.
I've always wanted to know the name of that guitar player. I've seen him before with other artists.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Manfred Mann’s Earth band covered Blinded by the Light and Spirits in the Night. Much better than Springsteen’s originals. And my personal favorite, RATM made an excellent version of The Ghost of Tom Joad. Most people don’t even know Springsteen wrote that.

If you wanna go back further, then there’s Roger Miller’s “Me and Bobby McGee”. Everyone knows that as Janice Joplin’s song now. And “All along the Watchtower” was Bob Dylan’s creation, but then he let Jimi take over.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
"Superman" by REM.
Too many great covers to mention, tbh..
But GnR doing "Whole Lotta Rosie" on recent tour, not too long after Malcolm died, almost melted my face off. Was incredible.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
All along the Watchtower—Jimi Hendrix

She’s a Woman—Jeff Beck

Heatwave and Blue Bayou—the queen of covers, Linda Rondstat

Do Ya—Todd Rundgren

Walking the Dog—Aerosmith

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This needs including in the conversation. Definite upgrade of Thin Lizzy.

I can't, Metallica does a good job but the raw straight through guitar and especially Phil Lynott just being soooo much better a singer than James.
Metallica did a worthy cover but not up to par with the originals emotion over power JMO

Last edited: