Cover Songs That Are Better Than The Original

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I can't, Metallica does a good job but the raw straight through guitar and especially Phil Lynott just being soooo much better a singer than James.
Metallica did a worthy cover but not up to par with the originals emotion over power JMO
You are aware this song is centuries old correct? It really is the definition of a folk song.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
“Got to get you into my life” by EWF is a pretty good version of the Beatles’ classic.

And even though it’s been covered to death...
“Train kept a rollin’” by Aerosmith is my favorite version.

“Well alright”—Santana does a good job of this Buddy Holly tune.

“Louie Louie” has also been done to death, the Stanley Clarke/George Duke version is an amazing funk version.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
“Got to get you into my life” by EWF is a pretty good version of the Beatles’ classic.

And even though it’s been covered to death...
“Train kept a rollin’” by Aerosmith is my favorite version.

“Well alright”—Santana does a good job of this Buddy Holly tune.

“Louie Louie” has also been done to death, the Stanley Clarke/George Duke version is an amazing funk version.
Naming a Beatles song is cheating. Basically every cover is better than the original. Nothing against the Beatles, but their music sounds way better with modern instruments, sound, vocal styles, etc.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
3 that I can think of:

I put a spell on you-: Credence Clearwater
All along the Watchtower: Jimi Hendrix
Love song : 311

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's one cover song for anyone who's seen the animated movie Prince of Egypt. Honestly, the original was awesome as is, but Caleb Hyles and Jonathan Young made it so much better.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Krokus. for some reason their manager/label decided to spend time on covers instead of more originals. i like their Stayed awake all night and School's out covers. I did not like the ballroom blitz or american women covers however. i believe they had more covers but i'm too lazy (comfortably numb) to look. Mark Storace had an awesome metal voice (unique), like Kevin Dubrow's voice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdLJhPa5oM&ab_channel=sepia64

i love alice cooper. this version just turns the volume knob up to 10.
but oh my god those costumes...............................which makes one wonder just how bad were the costumes that Dee Sniders' wife made for them?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHUQEBnnwU&ab_channel=r1x2f3