Could things get weird in Green Bay?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
You know during the 90's I used to say the Rams were only three players away from a Super Bowl Title and I would tell everyone:

1. Troy Aikman
  2. Emmitt Smith
  3. Michael Irvin.
I'm telling you just three players away.

I'm curious now. Are you saying we are three HOF players away? If that's true...I'd say w the salary cap...we better have one hell of a draft.

What three current players are you thinking?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this story will be an example of the media making it a story, even if it’s not... until it is.

At the link at the bottom of my post... they give 4 winners and 4 losers from the Championship games...

2 of the losers; LeFluer (for the 4th down FG) and Brian Gutekunst (the guy who drafted Jordan Love).

If Rodgers isn’t mad, the media will pick at this scab all off-season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What three current players are you thinking?

No, I was just reminiscing of what I used to say back then when the Rams were not very good. Right now the Rams are very close and maybe a speed WR and quality ILB away IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the link at the bottom of my post... they give 4 winners and 4 losers from the Championship games...

2 of the losers; LeFluer (for the 4th down FG) and Brian Gutekunst (the guy who drafted Jordan Love).

Sounds like something I read by a poster on here....
Rodgers must be pissed, and the competitor in him has to look at Brady switching teams thinking "if he can do it, so I can I".
Not sure if they can designate a post 6/1 trade like they can with a post 6/1 release, but his contract sure looks doable for a trade post 6/1. They slide Love's 2-3 mill cap hit in with the dead cap and its at least reasonable.

If I'm the Colts, I'm all over this. They have the cap space, they have the win now team. Rodgers stays in the mid west, keeps that following

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I highly doubt Rodgers to LA. It would be as probable as kicking a FG when you’re down by 8 points. The draft capital and moves to make such a trade reality just seems way to complex for the limited resources the Rams have available. No comparison to cutting Gurley and trading Cooks. Why didn’t the Rams get freaking Hopkins!?!?!

The one enticing reality LA has over GB is that when a ball is thrown to a WR there is a highly probability the ball will be caught in LA.

I’ll believe in the reality the Rams address the Oline and settle Goff in the pocket.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this story will be an example of the media making it a story, even if it’s not... until it is.

Media never makes false claims until it becomes their reality. Geez @CGI_Ram

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I highly doubt Rodgers to LA. It would be as probable as kicking a FG when you’re down by 8 points.
I think punting on the opponent 8 yard line when trailing by 8 points is more probable than Rodgers to LA.
But I do see a possibility of Rodgers getting traded

TXRams86

The Infamous
I think punting on the opponent 8 yard line is more probably than Rodgers to LA.
But I do see a possibility of Rodgers getting traded
Apparently he wants a new contract with the Packers now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently he wants a new contract with the Packers now.
Yup, it's the Brady playbook.
Now they have to decide if they want to admit Love was a mistake, and ensure Rodgers finishes his career in GB, or begin a Watson-like saga
bc46d5688386f08e382a423a0dbf8af3.gif

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They finally moved on from Favre. It will be interesting if the team allows this to fester. Nothing good will come from this if it continues in the sports news cycle for a few more days IMO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We probably couldn't sign Rodgers even if he were cut and became a FA. The contract demand makes that even more unlikely. And I would not give that fucker a phat contract to ride into retirement anyway.

I respect his game but that dude is an oversized twat.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Rodgers somewhat backtracked today, saying he doesn’t see any reason he wouldn’t be back but it’s not under his control.

Except it is in his control and he knows it lol. The Packers aren’t going to cut or trade Rodgers for an unproven player in Love unless he specifically demands one; and even that demand doesn’t need to be entertained. Or he retires. Both scenarios are well within his control.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Call me crazy, but I am not sure I want to give up too much for Aaron Rodgers.

is an incredible talent, no doubt. One of the greats. And he clearly still has it - he probably wins MVP this year. But for how much longer? He'll be 38 before the end of the 2021-2022 regular season. Other than Brady, has any QB played at a high level into his 40s?
Warren Moon played at a high-level until the age of 45

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Watson is too good to be true. Rodgers I also hate. But I'd hate him less if he's a Ram lol.

I think this is about kicking Jared in his ass but I might be way off. I'll say this... If I'm Snead and McVay tells me he's done with Goff the only thing you can do is try to identify the best replacement you have the ammo to get.

Watson... Requires a lot of ammo. Rodgers too. Even Stafford I mean two first round picks GTFO. And those guys will have Nawlins, SF, and Chicago sniffin around with more to offer.

This is why if that's the path I think Darnold will be the target. He comes with extra bust risk but he also has upside and worst case McVay is very capable of keeping things simple for him. Again though there's gonna be a shit-ton of competition for some of these guys we are about to see unprecedented QB movement.

Thing is, Goff is a very good QB thought of highly around the NFL. Adding him as well as picks puts the Rams in a good spot. I mean LaFleur knows Jared Goff. If he got Goff and picks would he pull the trigger? I dunno. We don’t have raw numbers of picks, but if Goff’s included, that’s a haul.

Edit: I see it’s a contract negotiation ploy. Got it...

Last edited:

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
After reading These posts, I'm going to hope that mcvay is not sour on Goff. I'm going to hope that Goff is now.... ready to show the side of him we always thought he could be. Stop with the bone head plays
Read the field better and lead. Go rams

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since a TD was mandatory I don’t kick a field goal there. I bet on Aaron Rodgers to score. If you don’t get a TD, you pin your ears back and unleash your defense on Brady near the goal line and hope for a safety. Two potential shots at a TD is better than one shot.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thing is, Goff is a very good QB thought of highly around the NFL. Adding him as well as picks puts the Rams in a good spot. I mean LaFleur knows Jared Goff. If he got Goff and picks would he pull the trigger? I dunno. We don’t have raw numbers of picks, but if Goff’s included, that’s a haul.

Edit: I see it’s a contract negotiation ploy. Got it...
Goff straight up for Rodgers.

Goff hasn't reached prime yet and Rodgers is getting close to retirement.