Could a third year of Schottenheimer be just what Sam Bradford needs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Productive enough against the corners in our division? That's where I am worried - I don't see anyone that's threatening the corners in our division
Multiple tight ends and a full back. At least that's what I give the Seahawks a healthy dose of every time I play them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Multiple tight ends and a full back. At least that's what I give the Seahawks a healthy dose of every time I play them.

Since whichever team wins the games won't do it on style points you may be on to something there Z.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh. We're going to kick their ass with a stout yet aggressive defense and a strong running game with quick talented receivers. Sted gonna burn them cocks a few times this year. And Quick will punk Sherman.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Always the instigator.

animalhouse347.jpeg
Dang, everyone's got a cool online persona nowadays.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
you do realize that last season was only the second season for Shotty right? also that every WR on the team has only one or two years in the league, that he had 2 second year RBs and three rookies, that he somehow managed to win 7 games even though he was using KC who isn't a very good throwing QB in more than half their games, what do you expect when you have mostly first and second year players in an offense they have only run for 2 years? you do know that most WRs take 3 or more years to start being really productive right?
he was forced to dumb down the offense because of that youth IMO, once TA started to catch on, did he not find more creative ways to use him? if he was to put too much on these young players it would hurt their development IMO.

No reason to debate with some one like you.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think that Schottenheimer is a complete failure as an OC. Unimaginative design and play-calling, inability to use his players the way they should be used and those things make it impossible to adjust during the game or to gameplan a new game.

I will say that Schotty's O is pretty unimaginative and even when TA had a big game, it was one or two blips and not a process of them getting him the ball consistently. Brian's track record of vanilla is pretty well documented going back to New York.

Those things considered, I don't think King Fish is concerned with reinventing the wheel on offense. In fact it's probably the thing he's farthest from. Maybe that's to the chagrin of we fans, but at the end of the day I think we'd all take a winning team over being the much hyped Philladelphia Eagles.

Absolutely there's something to be said of continuity. Ask The 'Aints how much they liked the 2012 season, ask the Cowboys how much they enjoy shuffling playcallers, hell ask Alex Smith. If it means a vanilla scheme with solid if not overwhelming offensive statistics from Bradford, that's fine by me. I'm not paying his salary and quite frankly, could give a damn how much he makes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No reason to debate with some one like you.
You should at least try. What's the point of putting your opinion out there if you're not going to fortify it against a counter-opinion?