Cooper Kupp Trade Rumors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Screenshot_20241022_195608_Chrome.jpg

DzRams

Starter
Name
Desmal M
Well, without Kupp last year, we damn near beat the Lions in the Playoffs (should have). So, I don't think that trading Kupp is the ultimate signal of tanking and trading Stafford. We can win with Puka out there. Just hard to win without either.
Agreed. Kupp is not necessarily connected to Stafford or tanking.

They were already going to make a decision on him this offseason given his age, injury history, and the $30 mil. cap hit in 2025. They're just getting out ahead of it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only a true sophomore who turned twenty this September. The height, arm talent, and mobility win him over Manning, who has also been inconsistent.
Not doubting the tools. Just saying that he hasn't played well lately. Needs to work on his deep accuracy. That kid at Kansas State, Avery Johnson, is also fun to watch.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not doubting the tools. Just saying that he hasn't played well lately. Needs to work on his deep accuracy. That kid at Kansas State, Avery Johnson, is also fun to watch.

True. Kansas State is interesting because they've been a run-first offense for so long (Ohio State plucked their starting quarterback off of the transfer portal.), and Johnson's been fun to watch as a passer. I'd still take Nicholaus's tools over everyone else's, including Manning's. It's just a gut feeling I have.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
No way Stafford would accept a trade of his best guy to get some draft pick. This is a click bait drill and we go through it every year. Hey McVay is still our coach and not in the espn booth.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I don't think I could emotionally handle losing Donald, Kupp and Stafford in the same year. Without Stafford and Kupp realistically, we're a bottom tier roster with suspect coaching on the defensive side. It'd be a brutal next few years.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's simple. If Stafford and Kupp are traded, McVay is gone after this year. It's a total rebuild.
Imagine him with a Cam Ward type QB for once? Maybe he would be excited to start over, knowing he already has 2 good drafts under his belt and now add a high quality QB to this young roster.

Even a later first could get you the Penn State QB, who looks good to me.

To me it comes down to this upcoming game. If they win, it probably doesn't happen. If they get smoked and look outclassed, maybe they give those two guys a chance to go elsewhere with a chance to win, while they accumulate picks and shed cap room for 25'.

A bunch of top 100 picks, including what would be our own high 1st most likley, and they can remake this team quickly. Look at Washington. Look at the Texans.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
It’s just smart business to make calls. If you lose the next two you have to consider it as an option.

This might also be telling of the injured guys. No one came back after the bye. Setbacks happen during recovery.