OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought Harbaugh communicated his heart was in Michigan and he was staying. Denver's new regime CEO Greg Penner, who is conducting the search is acting more like Greg Hirsch in the series Succession. Seems undecisive or just interviewing everybody that was at Stanford when he was there.
Harbaugh is tight with Condeleeza Rice, who is part of the ownership clusterfuck in Denver. This is why I was thinking he was a real risk of going there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like he might get a chance to be an OC and play caller.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1619661473911017473?

That will allow for him to show what he can do without Reid lurking over him. Harbaugh will let him run the show and they have a fine OL which will enable things.

But it's also a bit of a poisoned chalice. I don't know that there's a future in running a read option offense and the QB is up in the air as to whether they will keep him around. So will they restack at the QB spot and run the KC attack? Or will he mutate the simplified reads and try to make them work with a superstar RB at the QB position.

There's a lot of room for that one to turn south on him and he'll end up owning it whether it's good or bad.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So match the team with their new coach (the first one is easy):

Carolina: Reich
Houston: Ryans?
Denver: Harbaugh? Evero?
Indy: Morris? Saturday?
Arizona: Payton?

Two defensive oriented head coaches too much? Morris has a longer history on the offensive side.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Harbaugh is tight with Condeleeza Rice, who is part of the ownership clusterfuck in Denver. This is why I was thinking he was a real risk of going there.
Well, let me first communicate I'm a big fan and Condoleezza Rice politics aside, Dr. Rice is extremely intelligent and enjoys football plus I was impressed that when she was on with the Manning's and they tried to call her "Dr. Rice", she said to just call her "Condi." showcasing humility, which I find as a valuable trait.

I'm sure Harbaugh is trying to get a ton of money from Denver, so it will be interesting to see if they go in that direction as I believe they like Ryans, but if he goes to Houston, they could pivot and actually hire David Shaw another Stanford guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryans is going to need time to develop. He is likely to fail, like most coordinator hires. The difference in any of these coordinators vs Harbaugh is a vast gulf.

If I'm an owner right now trying to fill my HC job I would have two guys on my list: Asshole Face and Harbaugh.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So match the team with their new coach (the first one is easy):

Carolina: Reich
Houston: Ryans?
Denver: Harbaugh? Evero?
Indy: Morris? Saturday?
Arizona: Payton?

Two defensive oriented head coaches too much? Morris has a longer history on the offensive side.
Watch out for David Shaw in Denver if they don't feel Harbaugh is worth it also Payton in Arizona seems very likely at this point, surprising as many didn't think that was a destination. The Texans if they hire Ryans would totally energize that base and give them hope. Morris a far better hire in Indy, however, that's why I feel they will go with Saturday.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I'm an owner right now trying to fill my HC job I would have two guys on my list: Payton and Harbaugh.
I actually think Jim Harbaugh would be a perfect hire in Denver because of his ego, thinking he will be able to defeat the likes of Andy Reid, plus win against Herbert too. Harbaugh will play bully ball inthe AFC West and it might be interesting to see how that plays out.

I'll be upset if the Cardinals end up with Sean Patrick Payton was really hoping they would hire Vance Joseph, but oh well, let the games begin.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Happy Fangio is in South Beach in the AFC. Now he can destroy Belichick. As to Rams DC, if Morris gets the Colts job I believe the Rams will hire Henderson or Evero as their DC, if Morris comes back then that's fine with me because I believe he's an outstanding coach and a fine leader. Hopefully the Rams will give him the tools to be more aggressive.

Tano

Legend
Happy Fangio is in South Beach in the AFC. Now he can destroy Belichick. As to Rams DC, if Morris gets the Colts job I believe the Rams will hire Henderson or Evero as their DC, if Morris comes back then that's fine with me because I believe he's an outstanding coach and a fine leader. Hopefully the Rams will give him the tools to be more aggressive.
He has Donald Ramsey and Wagner

That's enough tools to play aggressive at least 25% of the time before the red zone.

I probably wouldn't have had as much of a problem with Morris if he just played aggressive 25% of the time before the red zone.

And just move the CBs in and out to disguise the defense more.

His disguises were pitiful for the most part.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Kellen Moore is out as OC in Dallas.

If Raheem doesn't get a HC job, he needs to be canned too.