OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No No No GIF

View: https://twitter.com/patmcafeeshow/status/1619027884802293765?s=61&t=RPE_5PMxKNqvyTTg-6_8ng

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it would be great if payton joined the cards. It will be nice to despise all three division rivals instead of just two.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A Head Coach CAN be more of a CEO than a "nuts-and-bolts" strategist, technician, teacher and football coach.

An NFL Coordinator MUST be a "nut-and-bolts football coach"; and that requires coaching experience.

I don't think Saturday is qualified to be an NFL Head Coach but he is REALLY Not qualified to be a Coordinator..
Maybe. He was an NFL center and knows football and offenses. He’s not Joe Shmoe off the street. I’d bet he’s qualified to be an OC, more so than a head coach. People don’t just instantly turn into head coaches. The downs years learning under head coaches and work their way up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is the owner, has met the lame criteria placed on him to appease the PC crowd and hasn’t hired anyone yet. Telling someone how to spend their millions of dollars isn’t American. Thinking anyone in this business isn’t looking for the absolute best option to run their team, not buying it.
Jeff Saturday is completely unqualified to be HC, only got the interim gig because of cronyism, only remains a candidate for the same.
"Lame criteria to appease the PC crowd"? Wow, ok then. No point trying to have conversation

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Maybe. He was an NFL center and knows football and offenses. He’s not Joe Shmoe off the street. I’d bet he’s qualified to be an OC, more so than a head coach. People don’t just instantly turn into head coaches. The downs years learning under head coaches and work their way up.
He was a terrific Center for 14 years. Of course he 'knows football' ... he was the Pancake Man on Get Up!

I'm suggesting that an offensive coordinator needs to have coaching experience to develop the skill set to oversee an offense, strategize for a season and for specific opponents, develop a game-plan, execute that plan on game-day with his play-calling and make the necessary adjustments to be successful.

A head coach can delegate some or all of those responsibilities to his offensive coordinator.

In my opinion, Saturday does not have the coaching experience to be an offensive coordinator.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Saturday is completely unqualified to be HC, only got the interim gig because of cronyism, only remains a candidate for the same.
"Lame criteria to appease the PC crowd"? Wow, ok then. No point trying to have conversation
So kind of like Andrew Whitworth around here then. People want to hire him as OL coach because he's a good guy talks a good game and he was a Ram very recently. He has no more qualifications to be a coach of anything than Saturday. Personally I think Irsay is a drunken clown and an idiot but the Saturday hire stunk to me of an owner wanting to hire somebody as a temp that was very popular with the fanbase. Now his stupidity has gotten the better of him and he's considering him, allegedly, though they gave their interim one interview really doesn't seem out of line to me. But then I'm not a pessimist maybe I'm wrong.

oldnotdead

Legend
Whitworth would be an excellent OL coach. I always hoped he would be hired by the Rams after he retired. But he's making more than double the money being on TV.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He was a terrific Center for 14 years. Of course he 'knows football' ... he was the Pancake Man on Get Up!

I'm suggesting that an offensive coordinator needs to have coaching experience to develop the skill set to oversee an offense, strategize for a season and for specific opponents, develop a game-plan, execute that plan on game-day with his play-calling and make the necessary adjustments to be successful.

A head coach can delegate some or all of those responsibilities to his offensive coordinator.

In my opinion, Saturday does not have the coaching experience to be an offensive coordinator.
I disagree with your thinking. He’s closer to an OC than a head coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So kind of like Andrew Whitworth around here then.
Not really, playing OT for 20 years and then being hired by the coach you played for would make sense to me, strictly as an o-line coach. I'd question Saturday being out of the game 10 years, then coming back as an o-line coach because the game has changed a bit, but still would think he could do the job. But as a HC? Not a chance.
As for Whit, I dont see him turning down the $$ that broadcasting offers to be an o-line coach.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Saturday may not have had prior head coach experience but he did play in the league and was a good player do I disagree that he is completely unqualified.

If you think there is any other reason for that stupid rule for interviews than to appease the general public cry babies you’ll have to live with it. The owners are going to hire who they feel is best suited to run their team. That rules means jack shit. And, in its worse form dilutes the pool when there are plenty of great candidates and their skin tone has nothing to do with their qualifications.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Harbaugh: "Don't try to out-happy, happy"?

Then why have another interview?

It's all good. I was actually hoping he got the Denver job. Might free up Evero in case Morris gets the Indy gig.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I don't know if it was Harbaugh calling in an interview or Denver stalking him to Michigan. Haha.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know if it was Harbaugh calling in an interview or Denver stalking him to Michigan. Haha.
I thought Harbaugh communicated his heart was in Michigan and he was staying. Denver's new regime CEO Greg Penner, who is conducting the search is acting more like Greg Hirsch in the series Succession. Seems undecisive or just interviewing everybody that was at Stanford when he was there.
original.jpg

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I thought Harbaugh communicated his heart was in Michigan and he was staying. Denver's new regime CEO Greg Penner, who is conducting the search is acting more like Greg Hirsch in the series Succession. Seems undecisive or just interviewing everybody that was at Stanford when he was there.
original.jpg
Seems that way. Or maybe Harbaugh is using Michigan as a ploy for more money from Denver this time around.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems that way. Or maybe Harbaugh is using Michigan as a ploy for more money from Denver this time around.
He could be doing it both ways, either one could up their ante on him and he comes away happy with either result.