OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Austin King Coached at the University of Dayton as I am a graduate of the esteemed university (88) so you can't go wrong although presently, @Merlin might disagree.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So this King guy coached with the raiders and the bears. Did they have good O lines during this time?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Austin King Coached at the University of Dayton as I am a graduate of the esteemed university (88) so you can't go wrong although presently, @Merlin might disagree.
Bears offense had the most yards per carry in the NFL this year. Generally I don't argue with high production so yes bring him in.

1674598474401.png

Also and btw I am skeptical with PFF but they had the Bears as 31st line in the league coming into the season and they finished around 10th. So someone was cooking some good shit in Chicago.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Austin King?

On the plus side, he was a Northwestern guy who played center, so we know he had at least a couple of working brain cells. Also, some NFL time as a player.

On the possibly negative side: Only one year as an assistant line coach with Chicago this year. Was TE coach with the Raiders. As for Bears running production this year, their starting rb David Montgomery had a 4.0 ypc, their leading rusher was the QB Justin Fields with 1143 yds at 7.1 ypc. Don't expect those numbers here.

Yellow flags here for me (not red flags, yet).

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate to say it, but that's a pretty smart move on their part.
On the flip side, I'm thinking they may have had to offer him a "HC in waiting" type sitch because I have to believe he'd have HC offers (in college) which would be more lucrative. So it would be great to see him run that franchise in to the ground like he did in Houston
O’Brien doesn’t care about being a college head coach. He hates the recruiting side and the schmoozing with boosters parts of college. So I’d bet an NFL OC job sounds good enough for him.
Bears offense had the most yards per carry in the NFL this year. Generally I don't argue with high production so yes bring him in.

View attachment 58529

Also and btw I am skeptical with PFF but they had the Bears as 31st line in the league coming into the season and they finished around 10th. So someone was cooking some good shit in Chicago.
It’s difficult to accurately judge rushing yards on a team with a Qab that ran the ball as much as Fields runs.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Austin King?

On the plus side, he was a Northwestern guy who played center, so we know he had at least a couple of working brain cells. Also, some NFL time as a player.

On the possibly negative side: Only one year as an assistant line coach with Chicago this year. Was TE coach with the Raiders. As for Bears running production this year, their starting rb David Montgomery had a 4.0 ypc, their leading rusher was the QB Justin Fields with 1143 yds at 7.1 ypc. Don't expect those numbers here.

What, you don't think Matthew Stafford can lead the NFL in rushing....... you hater you! His moves are so slow, you don't know what he'll do next!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

NFL insiders expect Asshole Face to return to Fox Sports over head-coaching jobs​

On Monday, it was reported that Payton’s second interview with the Broncos was canceled. While he is meeting Cardinals’ officials later this week, many NFL insiders believe the writing is on the wall regarding the final outcome.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated wrote that he believes Payton is now more likely to stay with Fox Sports instead of coaching in the NFL season. It’s an educated opinion tied to the state of the NFL coaching vacancies and how long the process has already played out.

Echoing that sentiment, NFL reporter Jeff Duncan of NOLA.com shared that the longer this goes on the likelihood of Payton staying in his current role as an analyst for Fox increases.

As noted by NFL insider Benjamin Allbright, the market for Payton might not even be as strong as anticipated. The Cardinals hired a general manager first, taking away an opportunity for Payton to have more control over the roster with a GM of his choosing.

As for the Panthers, the acquisition cost of acquiring Payton from a division rival likely outweighs the benefit of hiring him when the franchise must also find a way to acquire a high-end quarterback.

Payton made it clear in public interviews that he was very open to returning to Fox Sports and then evaluating his options in the NFL next year. Considering how things have unfolded, patience might be the right approach for a coach who will likely get one last shot at a top job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wondering what the Saints are requiring in compensation for his rights.

Also doesn't seem like this would necessarily be his last shot at a top job.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Saints want a first round pick and apparently are sticking to it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Austin King?

All your points can be counter to positives.One is A’ Robinson was a Bear & maybe uniting them both together with King could be a plus.
Having Fields at QB maybe took away the Bears strength of a RunnGame?
Mcvay might want a younger coach who has upside potential.
Remember The Rams use a lot of TE schemes or might want to after the success against Denver they had $ need to add a Run Blocking TE.
—Zak Kromer might even be the TE’s coach or duel O@Line coach ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Last rumor was they want the same as the Buc's got for Gruden two 1sts two 2nds and $8 million.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Figures that the guy I want McVay to hire for OC will get another job with the Panthers. Who will promptly fire him again most likely.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Figures that the guy I want McVay to hire for OC will get another job with the Panthers. Who will promptly fire him again most likely.
Just cant see him hiring an experienced coach like that, has always gone with an assistant type.
I cant believe Reich is/was ever legitimately a candidate

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really intrigued with Brian Johnson from the Eagles. We won't have Stafford for forever and if we can keep Johnson for a couple years to at least start to work with a young QB it would be great. Though not sure we can hold him for long.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just cant see him hiring an experienced coach like that, has always gone with an assistant type.
I cant believe Reich is/was ever legitimately a candidate
Yeah I didn't think it was likely. Just what I preferred. Goes back to wanting balance and a run game for me. At this point though it's unlikely from both sides so the dream is probably dead.

I'm really intrigued with Brian Johnson from the Eagles. We won't have Stafford for forever and if we can keep Johnson for a couple years to at least start to work with a young QB it would be great. Though not sure we can hold him for long.
That would be fine by me. But of course holding on to anyone of value on a staff with McVay at the helm seems impossible. Fucking owners man.