Coach Venturi Loves Watkins--Says Pass on Clowney--101Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's NOT OK to bash posters for bashing posters for bashing ex-coaches. Not cool. Let's have a clean debate and no biting.
You don't even know what a bash is.:fighting:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It's NOT OK to bash posters for bashing posters for bashing ex-coaches. Not cool. Let's have a clean debate and no biting.
Ugh, did I just bash someone for bashing someone who bashed an ex-coach? My bad :cautious:

Life-is-Confusing.jpg

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Carl Banks scoffs at Clowney-L.T. comparisons
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 10, 2014

bankslt-e1397158897961.jpg

Getty Images

Former Giants linebacker Carl Banks has heard some people compare his former teammate, Lawrence Taylor, to Jadeveon Clowney. And Banks isn’t impressed by that comparison.

Banks told ESPN that anyone who has been criticized for lacking a great work ethic (like Clowney) should not be compared to Taylor who, for all his off-field faults, went 100 percent on the field.

“L.T. was the guy that would always set the tempo for practice, whether he hated every drill,” Banks said. “He would complain after the fact, but he would give 100 percent. . . . He never took a play off, never wanted to take a play off and resented players who took plays off. He’d talk about you if you wouldn’t finish.”

Banks thinks that even if you really believe Clowney will be a great one, there’s never going to be another L.T.

“No. 1, you’re stepping over a lot of great defensive ends,” Banks said. “They should hope he’s as good as a Richard Dent, Neil Smith, Bruce Smith or Charles Haley. If he can get to that level, he’s a dominant player. But you want to jump over those players and say he’s the next Lawrence Taylor? It’s ridiculous.”

It’s ridiculous to compare anyone who hasn’t played a down in the NFL to Lawrence Taylor. But it’s not ridiculous to say that Clowney has the talent to be a great one.

tbux

Rookie
so much agreed here- I have said that from day one- he may have talent= no doubting that- but LT had INSANE drive that was so evident- he doesn't imo and that is the only way to get to that level. I think he will be a good DE- but play in spurts- LT was one in a million- he had it all. Clowney is not LT.