Cleveland Browns' Garrett suspended indefinitely

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
so they’re lucky like I said. Otherwise Rudolph is seriously hurt and Garrett is in jail.

Right!

But in the case at hand it’s a dude smacking that choad Rudolph in the head a couple times with a helmet. He won’t be playing for the rest of the year. And there is more punishment to come for what he DID do.

Some people are espousing hypotheticals for no other reason than to rage against shit that isn’t even in play — like equivocating what happens on the football field with assault with a deadly weapon on the streets.

I suggest those who want blood to cool it until we hear what the entire scope of the punishment is. I think that’s reasonable and fair. When we hear the punishment then we can make judgements as to whether or not it’s appropriate or not

Again he’s out for the rest of the year

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Calling for a guy to lose his career and face criminal charges is you in a good mood....... watch out folks

Nobody is arguing. Here
You agree with me — you agree that you don’t trust any constructs in place that are set to deem the appropriate punishment, you are guided by personal outrage, and that you are being over dramatic. We are good.

Wow. I never said that that was the reason for my good mood. Just...wow.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Answer this. Was this in a football game? Yes or No? If the answer is Yes then it is within the context of a game regardless if it's illegal or not.

This is the one I was responding too. I suppose it was hyperbole but only to make an exaggerated point that not anything goes just because it happens on a football field.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Rudolph should be out too for trying to rip off his helmet! Then charging him after they got up
Unlikely. Aaron Donald grabbed a dude by the neck, successfully ripped off the guy's helmet, made contact with a ref, and still didn't get suspended.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
This is the one I was responding too. I suppose it was hyperbole but only to make an exaggerated point that not anything goes just because it happens on a football field.

Yep. That dude's argument is a fallacy.

And his other argument was how many acts on the football field would be deemed criminal assault? Well, yeah, of course. If I just tackle a guy for no reason in the middle of the street, that'd be quite absurd and obviously inappropriate in the context of where it's happening, and why. I'd probably get charged with assault.

The whole idea is that there's a measure here; there is indeed a difference. Football is inherently a violent sport. The whole point, and why this was so bad, was that there's NO place for what Garrett did on the field or off the field. He's lucky it was in a football game, but I digress. Hopefully I've made my point clear.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Unlikely. Aaron Donald grabbed a dude by the neck, successfully ripped off the guy's helmet, made contact with a ref, and still didn't get suspended.

Rudolph will get fined for his actions.

If you could get fined for stupidity, it would be a huge fine.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

how on earth did the rams allow that shit qb to complete an 8 minute drive in the 4th qtr? the mind boggles.

the rams should be suspended for match fixing.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, in the street that's assault so I'm not sure why we would condone it in a stadium setting. Throw the book at the thug.

I have no problem with a suspension... Not sure about a year plus suspension. Out for the rest of this season. Get him counseling, find out if there is a deep rooted problem and go from there in regards to if you reinstate him for next season.

Plus, I mean yes that would be an assault in the street, but a lot of legal hits in a game would considered assault outside of the game. Just say'in...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Did you just take another man's "just...wow" and "just...just...wow" him over the head with it?

I am just....just....just appalled and call for criminal proceedings, lifetime ban, cause if i just just just wow’d someone in my workplace I’d be in jail!!!! Someone could have been killed!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For those who haven't seen the whole thing...

Skip to 0.18 to ignore the phone case add.

What i see: I didn't think the initial takedown was all that bad. Wasn't a cheap shot. Just kind of bear hugged and rolled him down with a minimal force. I'm betting Garrett said something to Rudolph while that went on.

Not 100% sold that Rudolph was trying get the helmet off. Maybe. Probably but why?
Honestly i don't see a kick from Rudolph. He was using his leg to get Garrett off and away from him. That's a get the fuck off me (so i can come after you)move IMO. I wouldn't give Rudolph a suspension.

At that point Rudolph goes after Garrett and Garrett loses his mind and clearly removes and hits him. Luckily Rudolph got the open end of the helmet mostly.

I'd suspend Garrett for 16 full games. We don't want players using helmets as a weapon, obviously.

I'd give Pouncey 1 game.