Chris Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
Actually the key was Aaron Donald. Long is not worth the price tag he would cost next year
actually Long has done it since Quinn joined the team, AD clogs the middle but Long makes it to where the QB cant run to his side to avoid Quinn, I wish we could ask Quinn about it, I would bet my bottom dollar he wants CL to stay right where he is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Stats are not the be all end all measuring stick of a football player. CL is a Ram his year and this post is useless.

lockdnram21

Legend
actually Long has done it since Quinn joined the team, AD clogs the middle but Long makes it to where the QB cant run to his side to avoid Quinn, I wish we could ask Quinn about it, I would bet my bottom dollar he wants CL to stay right where he is.
Of course he's going to want him to stay their friends. I think it it would take a big pay cut for him to stay

FrankenRam

Starter
I want Chris to be a lifelong Ram, but if his production decreases I could see them parting or make him take a pay cut/reduced role.

One of the things I hate about sports in this "it's a business not a game' era is that so FEW players stick with one team their entire career. I am seldom nostalgic for much of anything, but that's one area I am.

But the truth of the matter in today's world is that it's better to get rid of the 'aging vet' a year too soon rather than a year too late. Even if CL has a good year this year, I could understand if someone looks at him that way after this season.

tonyl711

Starter
Of course he's going to want him to stay their friends. I think it it would take a big pay cut for him to stay
lol, I think more than friendship would be involved, CL is always among the league leaders in hurrys and pressure, Quinn is just a little quicker, even so he wouldn't have as many sacks without CL giving the QB nowhere to turn away from him. he might take a pay cut and he might not, what happens if he gets 14 or so sacks this season? doubt its a pay cut.

lockdnram21

Legend
lol, I think more than friendship would be involved, CL is always among the league leaders in hurrys and pressure, Quinn is just a little quicker, even so he wouldn't have as many sacks without CL giving the QB nowhere to turn away from him. he might take a pay cut and he might not, what happens if he gets 14 or so sacks this season? doubt its a pay cut.
14 i doubt he gets more then 8. Even so there not going to pay him 16 mill.

lockdnram21

Legend
hate on him all you want, I think he is a valuable member of the Dline and think he will retire a Ram.
im not hating at all just dont see them paying him that much when they can draft a stud in the draft like they always do

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Justin Smith is a good comparison for Long in terms of how a guy about his size who plays with good power can stick around in the NFL and be effective post-30. There is no reason to panic over Long just yet IMO. Let's see how he does with a full season of being healthy in what should be an elite defense and all that talk might dry up.

My expectation for him, for the record, is that he'll have his best season yet if he stays healthy. How can I say that? Easy... Aaron Donald collapsing the interior of the pocket to keep QBs from stepping up plus Quinn on the backside equals nowhere to hide. Secondary needs to improve which I think it will, and we're gonna see some serious pressure and scared QBs.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Les Snead will be listening too this w/ regards to C. Long & Money

Laid back w/ my mind on my money and my money on my mind

I want Dupree, but its clear he will be taken before our selection currently. DE is the second most important position next to QB (LT#3). Its always a good thing to add DE when ever possible.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the things I hate about sports in this "it's a business not a game' era is that so FEW players stick with one team their entire career. I am seldom nostalgic for much of anything, but that's one area I am.

But the truth of the matter in today's world is that it's better to get rid of the 'aging vet' a year too soon rather than a year too late. Even if CL has a good year this year, I could understand if someone looks at him that way after this season.
Yeah... I miss the days when players stayed with one team throughout their career... but that just isn't reality anymore.

I'm a big Yankees fan going back to the 60's... Jeter was a dying breed, but it was great to see him retire a Yankee. Dosen't happen much any more in any sport.

Variables get in the way:
* Teams are not as loyal to players any more
* Players seek to maximize their income while their playing days arewith them
* Salary caps
Etc....

But it is still nice to see a player stay and finish their careers with the team that drafted them.