Chris Long retires, Hawaiian pizza sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Retired from football only. I'm guessing Chris is far from done working. Class act. I'll miss watching him play even if it wasn't in horns.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of Long. And his retirement means that every one of my favorite players watching on the Rams from 2008 to 2010 (Long, Laurinaitis, and Jackson) have now retired.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Good player, great person, but has his Rams career been deleted? I know he won rings in NE and Philly but he did play in St. Louis. Seems like the media pretends it didn’t happen at all.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Please.
This is what I don't like about him.
He's play acting and making sure the press is there.
He knows what it's like to camp without a tent for one night.
I would assume he is bright enough to know this is play acting and little else. Hard to tell how much is just spin from the writer.
That said, I'm sure he is a compassionate person who believes in what he is doing.
There is something about him that strikes me as phony.
I appreciate his heart and hustle on the field. Not the most talented guy, but, a relentless motor.
I think it will be a few months before his reality show or a show "Chris Long saves the world" or whatever is announced.
Charity as self promotion.
I could be totally wrong about him.
He was a great Ram.

Ummmm, he gave up a years NFL salary. Think what you want,but that is by definition real. Nothing fake about it.
I liked the all 1st round pick line the Rams had of Quinn, AD, Bockers and Long. Sure would have like to see him in LA on a wining team.

dang

Legend
Please.
This is what I don't like about him.
He's play acting and making sure the press is there.
He knows what it's like to camp without a tent for one night.
I would assume he is bright enough to know this is play acting and little else. Hard to tell how much is just spin from the writer.
That said, I'm sure he is a compassionate person who believes in what he is doing.
There is something about him that strikes me as phony.
I appreciate his heart and hustle on the field. Not the most talented guy, but, a relentless motor.
I think it will be a few months before his reality show or a show "Chris Long saves the world" or whatever is announced.
Charity as self promotion.
I could be totally wrong about him.
He was a great Ram.
Out of the millions of things wrong in this planet - I don't see how ANYONE could accuse Chris Long of being first and foremost a "self-promoter". Promoting a charity cause does encourage others to join in so you can accuse him of "promoting" a charity cause. VERY different actions.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hating him because he has different political feelings, and disliking him because he makes efforts to bring attention to his charity is weak sauce. This is a guy who won Walter Payton Man of the Year honors and people are slamming his efforts over that???

He launched his charity efforts with his entire 2017 salary to help children's education.

Lots of people draw attention to their charity because they want to get others involved.

Watch the video. Long is a genuinely good human being. Watch the entire video and I'll bet it will change your mind.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lots of people draw attention to their charity because they want to get others involved.

This.

He gave a lot of his own money to his charities, but also used his fame to help gain them more resources too. That's not self-promotion, that's promotion of the charity, using his time. I'm not sure in what world that is supposed to be a bad thing.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Never a fan of the dude
Hated the pick, and he is a Patriot as far as I’m concerned
Glad he’s gone
Only thing that could suck would be seeing his mug in the announcing booth
:puke:

dang

Legend
Never a fan of the dude
Glad he’s gone
Please elaborate as I am truly trying to understand the "hate" being directed to Long. Is based off of his lack of effort? signing with another team? lack of leadership? lack of skill for his draft position?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Please elaborate as I am truly trying to understand the "hate" being directed to Long. Is based off of his lack of effort? signing with another team? lack of leadership? lack of skill for his draft position?

I said I hated the pick
I didn’t like drafting him at 2
I wanted Matt Ryan
And the “hate” is just rhetorical - i don’t really “hate” anyone, or Chris Long - just never a fan if him as a player
- let me rephrase, the dude sucks
Hope that suffices

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never a fan of the dude
Glad he’s gone

He was cut by the Rams. At that point, he had the right to go wherever he was wanted - and yes, he wanted to finally win. I don't blame him for going elsewhere at that point.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He was cut by the Rams. At that point, he had the right to go wherever he was wanted - and yes, he wanted to finally win. I don't blame him for going elsewhere at that point.

You can like the guy
But I’m with Merlin on this one :LOL:
Fuck the Patriots

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can like the guy
freak the Patriots

Oh, I hate the Patriots.

But Long had given his all for the Rams - I don't remember any criticism of his effort or professionalism on the field. But they cut him, and he needed a new team. As fans we may hate particular teams - players don't really have that option. It's their career, and a brief one at that. So I would never blame a player for going elsewhere after being cut, whether to the highest bidder, or to the best fit, or a combination of those two.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Oh, I hate the Patriots.

But Long had given his all for the Rams - I don't remember any criticism of his effort or professionalism on the field. But they cut him, and he needed a new team. As fans we may hate particular teams - players don't really have that option. It's their career, and a brief one at that. So I would never blame a player for going elsewhere after being cut, whether to the highest bidder, or to the best fit, or a combination of those two.

I get all that. But I reserve the right to be a fan
Not a fan of the guy. Never have been never will be

What’s weird is why the dude gets so much love - he’s no better than Donnie Avery in my opinion, and I don’t see any monuments to him on this board

Memento

Name
Jemma
You can like the guy
freak the Patriots

Do you hate Torry or Ike for going to the Cheatriots and Whiners respectively? Long is an amazing human being; I'm proud that he was a Ram. Same with Torry. Same with Ike.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you hate Torry or Ike for going to the Cheatriots and Whiners respectively? Long is an amazing human being; I'm proud that he was a Ram. Same with Torry. Same with Ike.
SJax ended his career in New England but he doesn't get the hate that CL does. Let children be children IMO.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

0030761D-2B39-46B7-BF30-FDF1E1BC0AF3.jpeg

Memento

Name
Jemma
SJax ended his career in New England but he doesn't get the hate that CL does. Let children be children IMO.

Right, I totally forgot about S-Jax. He's my favorite Ram of all time. The fact that he was a Cheatriot doesn't take that away.

fearsomefour

Legend
Out of the millions of things wrong in this planet - I don't see how ANYONE could accuse Chris Long of being first and foremost a "self-promoter". Promoting a charity cause does encourage others to join in so you can accuse him of "promoting" a charity cause. VERY different actions.
Yeah, could be.
Maybe his intentions are pure.