Celebration Thread: Vikings@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
Can anyone beat you guys right now?

'Naw. I don't think so.'

-Gurley, being a confident MFer cause he can

This offense, overall, trumps any unit's personality in past 20 years.

Ram's football - It's great again! Snead was probably so close to being booted. Thanks for Stan?!

Goff
11TD
1,396 yards
2 int, 0 fumbles lost
97\134(72% completion)
God knows how many 3rd down conversions
4-0

Man was I wrong the day he was drafted:yess:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awesome win. Awesome performance by The System-- crap, everyone on offense. Don't know what the Ficken Hekker happened with the kicking game and D, but glad everything pulled together when it counted!

You know what, that would actually be a great nickname for Goff. The System. Make it so. Get some memes out there.

rdw

Pro Bowler
QRVpXz9_d.jpg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The talk about Goff being a system QB bothered McVay. He called a game on prime time, that just stopped that BS narrative.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Good game guys. No do me a favor and beat the crap out of the Packers when they come to town.

Although I have to say, if you live by the long ball you die by the long ball. It makes great football but eventually someone will figure out how to stop you and when they do it's usually in the playoffs. Only one team with the highest scoring offense has won the Super Bowl the last 18 years.

That being said, you got a good team. Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully we will play again in the playoffs.

And no, I'm not leaving til then.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The talk about Goff being a system QB bothered McVay. He called a game on prime time, that just stopped that BS narrative.

Yeah, he could have fed Gurley all game but he wanted to shove the system qb talk up the talking heads arses. Still Goff needed to make the throws and did he ever.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good game guys. No do me a favor and beat the crap out of the Packers when they come to town.

Although I have to say, if you live by the long ball you die by the long ball. It makes great football but eventually someone will figure out how to stop you and when they do it's usually in the playoffs. Only one team with the highest scoring offense has won the Super Bowl the last 18 years.

That being said, you got a good team. Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully we will play again in the playoffs.

As alluded in the post before yours the rams don't live by the long ball. They just wanted to showcase it today in this game. The narrative has been the rams offense relies on Gurley. This season the rams have shown that you can't stop them either way.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I wanted Shields to get that INT so bad.... but tips it to Diggs, smh. but our DB's gutted it out, they'll be back & badder than ever next game.
The DL showing up at the end, AD - Suh - JFM closing it out when we needed them most. JFM... really nice, memories of Quinn doing the same thing.... I really think he's got talent at DE/OLB that you just can't teach. I really wanna see more JFM folks.
That dime to Cooks.... seriously, how did we wind up with this guy?? perfect throw, perfect catch, an absolute monster MOAB TD.
Kupp... gosh, what more can you say about this kid?? he sold his 70yd TD route perfectly, caught Barr totally off guard. Woods, Kupp, Cooks, Gurley all balling out right now. Stars. straight up Hollywood stars.
Goff.... I'm gobsmacked. 158.3. GSOT level stats tonight. well done kid, well done.
I'm outta words.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Rams don't live by any one thing. Tonight was the long ball, because McVay was exploiting one of the Viqueens biggest weaknesses. They have won each game a bit different fly.

Thielen is a beast. Minnesota has a good team. Cousins was better than I gave him credit for.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Just.
Fucking.
WOW.

That throw to Kupp in the corner of the end zone.
IIRC - Goff was rolling to his right.
Over two defenders.
J
F
W

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Got to give a shout out to the oline!! Gave Goff hours in the pocket. Game ball to the big uglies. Heck of a performance

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff had a perfect passer rating tonight.

PFF will have him at a 50 QBR tomorrow.

He did actually have two rushes. They were nowhere near as productive as his passing plays, but they will raise his QBR considerably, because you know running quarterbacks are inherently better according to ESPN.

jjab360

Legend

Except for the Rams don't "live by the long ball". We take what the defense gives us and the Vikings just happened to be giving us good looks all day long. Anthony Barr on Cooper Kupp? Brandin Cooks 1 on 1 deep?

Not once did Goff force the ball down the field, he made calculated decisions based on the looks the defense was giving him. It just so happened that the Vikings were giving him exactly what he wanted all game long.

And whenever some team decides that stopping Goff is more important than stopping Gurley, that's the week that OPOY Gurley breaks records like Goff did tonight.