Celebration thread - Snatching a Dub from a Harbaugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Hey… didn’t even check the inactives yesterday. Did Cam suit up?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Rams hung in there to pull out the win. They overcame a lot of mistakes.

If Stafford could start hitting guys in stride and cut out the mistakes the Rams will go far this season.

Yeah, I wonder if we're ever gonna get an explanation of why Stafford has been behind on his throws literally all season. Even when he's hitting and throwing well, the ball seems behind really often.

I dunno why that is, but I'm hoping we have a full off-season for him to work on his timing.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Oh and btw did anyone else catch Gaines on the sideline after that big stuff he made late in the game? Dude looked like he was playing through it boy.

When he and Reeder doubled up on that TFL, Reeder's helmet went straight into Gaines' hand. Even if no further damage, that had to really hurt like hell...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Next week actually starts the playoffs basically. It's pivotal for so many reasons. Of course it has to be the whiners but to take the second seed instead of being a wildcard is huge. Also to go in on this massive won streak would be tremendous. To beat a team that we haven't also would be slaying yet another monster.

Everyones been talking about the dolphins and how hard it is to win 7 in a row etc. Then when one person in the media has the nuts to say who have they beaten they get utterly decimated by their fellow peers. They are told how hard it is to win week to week in the NFL let alone 7 straight no matter the competition. All true hope if the Rams beat these loser whiners we get the same respect a shitty dolphins team got.

As far as the whiners man I hope over confidence kills them this is so big I'm already having anxiety. Debozo and big mouth ward will come to play. They would like nothing more than to basically put a huge gigantic wrench in our season. This game is enormous man!!!

At least we're not finishing AT Seattle with the playoffs on the line... damn that got old... Every year finishing on the road at Seattle...

None of that matters now. It's win out now. That's it... just... win out.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I would like to see us keep Odell and to do that I would move Woody. Not sure how possible that is cap-wise and all that. But Odell is a better receiver and we're a better team with him sticking around.

We will have some serious decisions to make, but I think we're going to retain OBJ, Von Miller and Sony Michel if he wants to stay (presuming some team doesn't offer him a solid, starting RB contract which I don't see, but it's very possible).

One thing I will be SHOCKED to see... is if we do anything with respect to Bobby Trees. Dude is a core leader, he's a stud when we're struggling... AND... shipping him out this year would save so little, it's not worth it. We'd save $3.6M in cap and there's no way we can replace what Woody brings with that.

Next year? Who knows? But in 2022, I'd be shocked if they moved on from Woods.

The big contract issue is gonna be big Whit. If we keep him, we lose Boom, so I dunno.

The OL is gonna be the sticky wicket in all this... we're keeping Von Miller, OBJ, Bobby Trees and hopefully Michel.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We will have some serious decisions to make, but I think we're going to retain OBJ, Von Miller and Sony Michel if he wants to stay (presuming some team doesn't offer him a solid, starting RB contract which I don't see, but it's very possible).

One thing I will be SHOCKED to see... is if we do anything with respect to Bobby Trees. Dude is a core leader, he's a stud when we're struggling... AND... shipping him out this year would save so little, it's not worth it. We'd save $3.6M in cap and there's no way we can replace what Woody brings with that.

Next year? Who knows? But in 2022, I'd be shocked if they moved on from Woods.

The big contract issue is gonna be big Whit. If we keep him, we lose Boom, so I dunno.

The OL is gonna be the sticky wicket in all this... we're keeping Von Miller, OBJ, Bobby Trees and hopefully Michel.
Yeah there are a lot of decisions to be made, big ones too.

Still suspect this is Whit's last year. I suppose he might stick around on the cheap but it would really need to be a team-friendly deal just due to the other guys who will cost to keep. But how he plays in the playoffs really will matter in that too. As well as this game vs SF. He always struggles vs Bosa as well as any other power end type, that's his weakness and the age matters. If he plays well and wants to do another year then I think once again it's about him signing cheap. Otherwise good luck to you old timer. Football decision and all that.

Odell even if he leaves in FA will net us a round 3 pick most likely. Teams are seeing what he can do and will pay for that. So it was shrewd just bringing him in. I simply feel like this offense is better with him, and I also don't think they can keep 3x WRs that are paid. Not with this roster.

Michel would be great to see return because that way we know the backfield has some oomph to it. If they let him walk and try to draft one it'll probably be another McVay type back who catches the ball well. That's his type.

But hopefully we have a long playoff run ahead. It's gonna suck if we gotta start talking offseason in earnest in a week or so. :laugh3:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Von Miller made our edges secure and gave us another stud pass rusher. I think we can keep OBJ for a cap friendly deal if he's game. We get Woods back next season.

Left Tackle is the elephant in the room. Whitworth might want one more year but if not, its' either a problem for a starter or for depth.

Flint

Pro Bowler
McVay mentioned that the "two-receiver" ran the wrong route.

I am guessing that was Beckham. If he takes the route up field, the defender (Clark) that's right in front of OBJ probably goes up-field with him and is not in position to make the interception.
Seemed like it was OBJ who was the #2 on that pick so I guess you just live with it considering he hasn’t been around long. I guess you can’t expect a guy to learn everything during the season. Remember the Kupp td on the deep cross against the Vikes I think? It wasn’t clear who the pass was for as Obj was coming from the other direction. It seemed likely that someone was in the wrong spot but it ended up being a td so not much made of it. Seems like we’re a little thin as far as experienced WRs in this system.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Seemed like it was OBJ who was the #2 on that pick so I guess you just live with it considering he hasn’t been around long. I guess you can’t expect a guy to learn everything during the season. Remember the Kupp td on the deep cross against the Vikes I think? It wasn’t clear who the pass was for as Obj was coming from the other direction. It seemed likely that someone was in the wrong spot but it ended up being a td so not much made of it. Seems like we’re a little thin as far as experienced WRs in this system.
Stafford talked about that TD to Kupp it was definitely intended for Kupp and was something they worked on prior to that game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Not shocking. But if you expect any QB to throw out a perfect rating every time out then you’re fooling yourself. He’s better than what we had, and he’s arguably a top QB this season with all of the faults and mistakes.
The only up-side is that if it were Goff we'd get the TOs but not the come-back win. Goff wasn't good enough to over come those errors. Stafford is.

Doesn't mean I want to see them but there is a certain level of confidence that he can, and will, overcome them...b/c he has.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Calais Campbell is a freakin monster of a man and Andrew Whitworth is just as big. Dang.

I don't know about that. They're both giants, but CC is on another level even for giants.

Here's a cool side note I have about how huge Campbell is...

A few years back we went to the game in Jax. AD's girl and his 2 kids were sitting directly behind my son and I. AD's son couldn't stop messing with me and that's the short story of how we found out who they were.

Anyway... there was a point in the game when Jax's defense was lined up very close to where our seats were. AD's girl suddenly noticed CC kinda up close for the first time. Hearing her basically freak out speaking to her little children about how gigantic Campbell is was like comedy gold. She was literally freaking out and so was AD's daughter. I can't remember exactly what they said... but believe me, they were so shocked at how big he was they really couldn't get over it.

Think about that for a second. I know AD isn't the biggest dude on the field, but he's far from being small. They are used to seeing AD everyday along with the biggest players on the Rams too. I wish that I had a recording of how they went on about CC's massive size because it was so telling and funny coming from them.

I honestly think CC is the biggest dude on the field every time by a wide margin. It's crazy in person.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't know about that. They're both giants, but CC is on another level even for giants.

Here's a cool side note I have about how huge Campbell is...

A few years back we went to the game in Jax. AD's girl and his 2 kids were sitting directly behind my son and I. AD's son couldn't stop messing with me and that's the short story of how we found out who they were.

Anyway... there was a point in the game when Jax's defense was lined up very close to where are seats were. AD's girl suddenly noticed CC kinda up close for the first time. Hearing her basically freak out speaking to her little children about how gigantic Campbell is was like comedy gold. She was literally freaking out and so was AD's daughter. I can't remember exactly what they said... but believe me, they were so shocked at how big he was they really couldn't get over it.

Think about that for a second. I know AD isn't the biggest dude on the field, but he's far from being small. They are used to seeing AD everyday along with the biggest players on the Rams too. I wish that I had a recording of how they went on about CC's massive size because it was so telling and funny coming from them.

I honestly think CC is the biggest dude on the field every time by a wide margin. It's crazy in person.

That's a fantastic story, thanks for sharing. Yeah i'm sure with full gear Calais probably looks like a mecha lol. He's listed 6'8", and Andrew Whitworth is 6'7". IDK, i posted too quick and thought that was the full micd up vid, which both of those guys meet up at the end. Pretty wild to have these 2 monsters go at each other.

1641315762868.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1zTzQBPtY

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's a fantastic story, thanks for sharing. Yeah i'm sure with full gear Calais probably looks like a mecha lol. He's listed 6'8", and Andrew Whitworth is 6'7". IDK, i posted too quick and thought that was the full micd up vid, which both of those guys meet up at the end. Pretty wild to have these 2 monsters go at each other.

View attachment 50930

Biggest guy I've ever seen on a field was Jared Gaither. He was just mammoth.. even among large men.

On field level, it was actually startling.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Biggest guy I've ever seen on a field was Jared Gaither. He was just mammoth.. even among large men.

On field level, it was actually startling.

That's a throwback name if I ever heard.

PJ-BE356A_SP_NF_G_20111221184615.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

View attachment 50930

One of the best mic'd ups I've seen yet.
AW servin' up pancakes all day.
He's gonna leave some huge shoes to get filled when he retires a Ram.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like when you would go to Laker games and Shaq would dwarf other men that were over 6'6 it was unreal, CC is huge though.