Celebration Thread - Rams@Jaguars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Yes, we definitely have an ugly 2nd half schedule. Totally agree.

My only point is that we seem to have caught teams at or achieving their high point (like AZ having "discovered" a rejuvenated AP...dammit).

So, to be 4-2 like this... that's really special and bodes well for the woodchipper of a schedule we're facing...

Last year, this type of performance would have ended with a loss. THESE guys have resiliency. Last week, ST's killed us. This week they carried the team. Would love to be 5-1 like we could have been, but to be 4-2 is more than I really expected.
Worst play by play I've endured since that gal who called the Raiders preseason game. :fuelfire::deadhorse:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's bad when you need the play by play to be fact checked...:doh:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
roflbot.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I’m afraid Watkins fits the woods role and isn’t suited for the burner.

That is an interesting thought.

Personally, I think trying to force the ball to Watkins almost cost us an interception when Goff had Kupp open. Watkins also dropped a third down pass early in this game. Goff and Watkins need to get on the same page deep, as they're always just a few inches off. But I'm not really feeling like we need to get Watkins going. I think our offense functions well even without him going.

I also wonder if Watkins knows the entirety of the scheme yet. It seemed like Kupp had to set him straight on a couple of audibles. And when he didn't have a WR to set him straight, he seemed confused about what he was supposed to do.

I would love to get Watkins going, especially deep. But I don't want us forcing anything to him.

The offense didn't function that well today. Wanted to see a replay of the drop. I don't about the Watkins knowing the scheme or was it Goff changing the play and hearing it. Goff was changing and calling out plays at the line. Looked like Goff missed the long ball to Watkins when he was open. Threw to the wrong shoulder and as the announces said Goff would want that one back as he had time to make a good throw. I don't see many designed plays outside of the long ones to Watkins like they have to Goff and Woods.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I wish McVay would have stuck more with the run

Yeah! Can you believe McVay calling only 4 more run plays than pass plays throughout the game? ...totally out of control....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was worried about this game all week, thought the Jags D was legit, and they definitely proved it. So the only choice was to win ugly ... and the Rams did just that. Style points are nice, but sometimes, especially against a scrappy team like the Jags with a great D, you've just somehow got to get by. Way to go Rams for finding a way to get it done.

Specials props for Bones and the ST ... you always have to take good ST's when you go on the road in the NFL, Rams took the best in the league to Jacksonville today.

O wasn't great (see remarks about the Jags D above), but they ran the ball well and moved into position and made it a two-score game late, effectively securing the win that the ST's and D set up. Good job.

4-2 feels pretty damn good. Now let's make it 5-2.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is an interesting thought.

The offense didn't function that well today. Wanted to see a replay of the drop. I don't about the Watkins knowing the scheme or was it Goff changing the play and hearing it. Goff was changing and calling out plays at the line. Looked like Goff missed the long ball to Watkins when he was open. Threw to the wrong shoulder and as the announces said Goff would want that one back as he had time to make a good throw. I don't see many designed plays outside of the long ones to Watkins like they have to Goff and Woods.

I'd have to see the coach's film but watching that play, I thought Goff made the right call. There was a defender dropping underneath if he tried to lead him to the corner. By leading him up the field, he took him away from everyone. The pass was just a few inches too long.

I doubt it was him not hearing it. Kupp seemed to understand it just fine when they were bunched together.

Yeah! Can you believe McVay calling only 4 more run plays than pass plays throughout the game? ...totally out of control....

We gashed them on the ground while the passing offense struggled. On that last drive, McVay seemed to get away from the need to throw the ball, and we just walked it down the field using the run game. But earlier in the game, we'd have Gurley post a few good runs in a row, and then we'd throw the ball three times in a row.

Frankly, if we had run the ball 30 times today to 10 passes, I wouldn't have had an issue with it. We were eating in the run game.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, it's not my money, so I'm cool. I don't really care. Can we stop talking about salary though? I know people get paid more than me at work that do half the job, it's out of my control and I let it be.
He doesn't make that mush money, I am looking at the draft pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We gashed them on the ground while the passing offense struggled. On that last drive, McVay seemed to get away from the need to throw the ball, and we just walked it down the field using the run game. But earlier in the game, we'd have Gurley post a few good runs in a row, and then we'd throw the ball three times in a row.

Frankly, if we had run the ball 30 times today to 10 passes, I wouldn't have had an issue with it. We were eating in the run game.
I saw roughly 100 yards of passing left on the field today. I didn't mind the calls, and don't really care that they didn't connect either. There were opportunities that McVay saw, and tried to capitalize on. Once this team masters the lost art of execution, we can truly pick our shots out there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw roughly 100 yards of passing left on the field today. I didn't mind the calls, and don't really care that they didn't connect either. There were opportunities that McVay saw, and tried to capitalize on. Once this team masters the lost art of execution, we can truly pick our shots out there.

I just felt like we stalled multiple drives by not letting our run game grind it down the field.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just felt like we stalled multiple drives by not letting our run game grind it down the field.
Possibly. There were a couple of times where I wished they had passed instead of run too.
All-in-all, not a badly called game by McVay, IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly. There were a couple of times where I wished they had passed instead of run too.
All-in-all, not a badly called game by McVay, IMO.

Every third and short lol. We could pick up 6 yards on every 1st and 10, but once it's 3rd and 1, they become the best run defense in the NFL.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Awesome win! Personally, I felt the offense performed pretty well. We moved the ball both via run and pass and made the play's necessary to win. Also, limited mistakes
Dominant defenses usually trump dominant offenses. Just ask GSOT! Remember playoff win against Tampa Bay?! Defense held us in check all day until Ricky Prohel came up with that amazing grab!
This team seems pretty balanced to me. We've won games this year due to our Offense, Defense and now Special Teams!

jap

Legend
I'm still pissed we lost to the damn 'Hawks. We are gonna have to take over their house later this season and show them who the real division leader is. I trust our young 'uns will have grown up enough to minimize errors by then?