Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@jrry32

ahhahahhaahahhaah..... I'm gonna have to show you.....I still know a lil about football. Hackenberg will be pretty successful in the league. Bank on it.....

images

http://www.fueledbysports.com/christian-hackenberg-scouting-report/
STRENGTHS
  • Very good arm strength, second strongest in this draft class behind Cardale Jones. Hackenberg’s arm along will make him a top pick.
  • Prototypical frame for a pro style quarterback.
  • Very poised in the pocket.
  • Above average mobility.
  • Excellent play-action quarterback and also knows how to throw on the run.
WEAKNESSES
  • Needs to work on being consistent with his accuracy. This could be due to him standing flat footed at times, which is something else he needs to work on.
  • Needs to work on recognizing when a play is dead, rolling out and throwing it away.
  • Could improve on his ability to read or identify blitzes.
CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG’S COMPARISON
CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG’S DRAFT PROJECTION
  • 2nd – 3rd Round

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...scouting-report-penn-state-quarterback-eagles
NFL Comparison: On his best days, Hackenberg looks like Jay Cutler at his best, which is a damn good quarterback. He displays good athletic ability to move around in and out of the pocket and he has an absolute gun to hit all levels of the field and challenge even the smallest windows.

See, the trick is, how do you get the best outta a guy with all the arm talent in the world? Can Weinke? Boras? And now, maybe Pat Shurmur? If you don't have faith in the coaches, I get that...But to just throw a young man under the bus because of poor o-line play in college, after looking awesome as a FRESHMAN...naw, too soon. due to the lack of weapons....we need a sure handed TE....another big-time wr...Which is why, even tho I really like Wentz, I could see us stuck at 15 needing to go BPA, which may well be a DE, LB, or WR, we'll need a 2nd round QB...and Cook, Hogan, & Hackenberg fit that bill.
And truthfully....they're all better than Mannion, right now.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I see Dallas signing Manziel or RGIII so I don't think they will draft a QB. But its obvious to me that its a 3 QB class (Goff, Wentz, and Lynch) and the rams have to do whatever it takes to get one of those three.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Definitely find Hackenberg one of the more intriguing prospects in this draft. Teams are gonna be doing a ton of extra homework on him. Is he a senior? He's the kinda guy who'd benefit most from a good showing at a place like the senior bowl.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Definitely find Sackenburg one of the more intriguing prospects in this draft. Teams are gonna be doing a ton of extra homework on him. Is he a senior? He's the kinda guy who'd benefit most from a good showing at a place like the senior bowl.

I fixed that for you :LOL:

WestCoastRam

Legend
@Dieter the Brock - I'm a firm believer you can destroy a QB behind a bad line or with bad play calling that gets them sacked. See: Bulger, Harrington, Carr... and only rarely do we see someone resurrected from that - Warner.

That's why you gotta do your homework on them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just think, we only have 3 months to talk about it...
Egads, the off season in the NFL seems a lifetime

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32

ahhahahhaahahhaah..... I'm gonna have to show you.....I still know a lil about football. Hackenberg will be pretty successful in the league. Bank on it.....

images

http://www.fueledbysports.com/christian-hackenberg-scouting-report/

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...scouting-report-penn-state-quarterback-eagles

See, the trick is, how do you get the best outta a guy with all the arm talent in the world? Can Weinke? Boras? And now, maybe Pat Shurmur? If you don't have faith in the coaches, I get that...But to just throw a young man under the bus because of poor o-line play in college, after looking awesome as a FRESHMAN...naw, too soon. due to the lack of weapons....we need a sure handed TE....another big-time wr...Which is why, even tho I really like Wentz, I could see us stuck at 15 needing to go BPA, which may well be a DE, LB, or WR, we'll need a 2nd round QB...and Cook, Hogan, & Hackenberg fit that bill.
And truthfully....they're all better than Mannion, right now.

I'm not banking on it. But we'll find out. I think he's like Blaine Gabbert. Looks great in 7 on 7s and then you get him on the field on Sunday (well...Saturday in college) and...disaster.

Shawnbb158

Starter
I honestly think we will have to jump up into the top 10 to get Wentz. And I would do it in a heartbeat. I know the leap will be huge for him But I believe he is the best qb in the draft and don't mind giving our 1st and one of our 2nds this year plus a future pick if need be. I believe he will end up being alot like can Newton once he fills out his frame in an nfl strength and condiontiong program! GO GET THIS KID FOR L.A.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
as per twitter Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread moments ago

Savage on Wentz "In the last 2 wks I've gotten 2 calls from (NFL Personnel) that he's NOT only a first-Rder, BUT a top 10 guy"

Like I say we need to move heaven & earth to secure his pick, imho!!!!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/carson-wentz?id=2555259

?

• 6'5"HEIGHT
  • 235LBS.WEIGHT
OVERVIEW

In his first year as a starter for the Bison in 2014, all Wentz did was throw for 3,111 yards and 25 touchdowns, leading the team to its fourth consecutive FCS Championship. What did the Bismarck, N.D. native do for an encore? Just come back from a broken right wrist that sidelined him for two months to lead NDSU in a fifth-straight title game victory. He started seven games in his senior year, completing 62.5 percent of his passes for 1,651 yards and 17 touchdowns (and four interceptions) while also running for six scores. Intelligence and work ethic are no issues for Wentz, who was named to the College Sports Information Directors Association All-American squad for the second-straight year.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Tall with an athletic, proportional build that is made for the NFL position. Played in a pro-style attack with plenty of snaps under center. Asked to make NFL throws and showed he could do it. Stands tall in the pocket and delivers with a relatively high release point. Keeps ball high and tight in the pocket and can uncork it quickly with tight, sharp release and little wasted motion. Throws catchable ball with tight spiral. Naturally accurate passer. Sees lurking linebackers underneath and throws receivers open to safest spot in the passing window. Able to change arm slots and still throw a strike. Has plus deep ball accuracy and touch. Calm in pocket and has no problems sitting in and taking a hit to complete a pass. Excelled in structured passing attack that required him to read the entire field. Has athleticism to escape pressure and hurt defenses with his legs. Already able to feel pressure on the edges and slide around in pocket without dropping his eyes. Adept in play-action game at selling fakes and quickly finding safeties to help determine where to go with the ball. Intelligent with long list of academic achievements. Should be able to process and handle an NFL playbook quickly. Can play pitch and catch all day long against zone coverage.
WEAKNESSES
When rolling out, will float it a little too much when taking shots down the field. Allows passing windows to close quickly when he short arms his release. Needs a little more consistency on anticipatory throws outside the hash. Will get caught locking in on target bringing secondary charging in to make a play on the ball. Inconsistent footwork from the pocket. Arm gets ahead of his feet even with time to come to balance. Needs to pick up pace of his postsnap setup. Has to put a little extra air on his field-side throws. Can be a little flat with his downfield, touch throws. Has to eliminate the occasional nonchalant throw into tight quarters. Doesn’t look comfortable yet with bootleg rollouts to the left. Broke a bone in his throwing wrist in October sidelining him for eight weeks. Dealt with arm and shoulder injuries as a baseball player in high school. Lower level of competition could cause issues for him adapting to NFL speed.
NFL COMPARISON
Blake Bortles
BOTTOM LINE
With a body type that is as prototypical as they come and a background in reading the entire field and working through progressions, Wentz will immediately check a couple of boxes that many college quarterbacks won’t be able to check. While his arm strength is OK, he can still make all the throws and he can make them with accuracy. His ability to escape pressure and pick up first downs with his feet will be yet another check mark in his favor. Wentz is still in a developmental phase after just two years at an FBS program, but has the mental and physical building blocks of a future, franchise quarterback.
RELATED LINKS
-Lance Zierlein

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. I'd like some direct quotes though, that could mean literally anything.
You're not going to get any quotes. Nobody going on the record like that. These guys are all out to land an NFL gig and don't want to be attached to any bulletin board stuff. And also, he is/was their teammate. Got to muster up support some how.
Cat wasn't elected captain in 3 years and not getting raves from his teammates.
Says a lot

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it a bad thing that I hope he DOESNT kill it in Senior Bowl practice/game?
Might turn attention back to the other guys so he slips a bit, to say #15 overall??

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Is it a bad thing that I hope he DOESNT kill it in Senior Bowl practice/game?
Might turn attention back to the other guys so he slips a bit, to say #15 overall??
Yeah all this possible number 1 QB talk is killin me. He is my favorite QB prospect but I will be happy as long as they got one of Goff, Wentz, Lynch.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Wentz's hand measurement came in at 10" another check mark for him