Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I just cant see the cowboys going QB in the first, second and beyond maybe but not at 4.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, they are due. They haven't been very smart about the QB position, kind of like us. Collins was lucky.

I'd never assume other teams are going to be stupid, when thinking about the Rams' options.

It would be tough to trade ahead of the Cowboys, frankly. Likely take both seconds and #15, and possibly more. OTOH, trading ahead of the 49ers looks far more likely - #15, the Eagle's pick, and maybe a third next year is enough on the trade charts. I could live with that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just cant see the cowboys going QB in the first, second and beyond maybe but not at 4.

Agreed. I bet the Cowboys go with Nkemdiche or Ramsey. I don't buy them taking a QB at #4. I think they'll go after Manziel or RGIII. Jones knows they're close to being a true contender. He won't pass on a pick that could make a difference this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
The rams qb for next year is already on roster. Most might not like it. But that's what I think will go on. They will get some weapons and go from there

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The rams qb for next year is already on roster. Most might not like it. But that's what I think will go on. They will get some weapons and go from there
And continue to be sub .500 if they do

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yes that could be possible. Snead and Fisher have had some success going BPA early. Maybe they will be convinced that Mannion is just as good as what will be available at 15, because they wont give up picks to move up. They could be looking at a good DE at 15 or WR. They could also be thinking to trade back a bit and get a third second rounder to give them ammo to move up in the top of round 2 or bottom of round 1 and still have a second round pick left. Snead doesn't seem to like to be short on picks. There are a lot of options right now. Most of us want a trade up. Wouln't it be something if they do trade up and pick a Treadwell instead of a QB? The draft cannot get here soon enough.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Snead sounded pretty adamant in a recent interview that they screwed up by not having a QB competition in the Spring. I don't think they'll be making that mistake again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes that could be possible. Snead and Fisher have had some success going BPA early. Maybe they will be convinced that Mannion is just as good as what will be available at 15, because they wont give up picks to move up. They could be looking at a good DE at 15 or WR. They could also be thinking to trade back a bit and get a third second rounder to give them ammo to move up in the top of round 2 or bottom of round 1 and still have a second round pick left. Snead doesn't seem to like to be short on picks. There are a lot of options right now. Most of us want a trade up. Wouln't it be something if they do trade up and pick a Treadwell instead of a QB? The draft cannot get here soon enough.

If the Rams stand pat and the three QBs are off the board I would trade down. They will almost certainly be looking at great DE value there if that happens, however this is a deep DL draft overall and they can use another pick that moving down would afford them. Moving down and taking a guy like Henry or any one of a group of WRs with better value probably makes this team a lot better than going defense of any sort there at 15.

It's gonna be a scary ride for them waiting for 15 come draft day. Every team picking after them is going to know the Rams are a team to move ahead of it you want a QB.

Oh and re: them moving up for Treadwell? It would not surprise me. I wouldn't necessarily like it, but it would be hard to knock them for that given how long they have wanted a top WR for this offense.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Sean Mannion? does anyone know what happened to Mannion? was he injured or just not ready to play last year ? I honestly think if you look at his tapes and credentials he is better than wentz and lynch. At least Mannion played against the pac12 and against future NFL talent.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sean Mannion? does anyone know what happened to Mannion? was he injured or just not ready to play last year ? I honestly think if you look at his tapes and credentials he is better than wentz and lynch. At least Mannion played against the pac12 and against future NFL talent.

The Rams coaches claim he has a bigger arm than anyone in camp and he has the quickest release. So what could be left? He was not ready mentally? I guess that is it. Or maybe they just thought it best not to start him behind a shaky Oline, which seemed to stabilize by seasons end. Maybe we see him next year. It all depends on how the Rams compare him to what they feel is reasonably available to them in the draft or Free Agency I guess. I would have liked him to get some action toward seasons end, however they left Foles in so long that by the time Case Keenum got a shot, they were still trying to get a good look at him to see what kind of starter he could be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams stand pat and the three QBs are off the board I would trade down. They will almost certainly be looking at great DE value there if that happens, however this is a deep DL draft overall and they can use another pick that moving down would afford them. Moving down and taking a guy like Henry or any one of a group of WRs with better value probably makes this team a lot better than going defense of any sort there at 15.

It's gonna be a scary ride for them waiting for 15 come draft day. Every team picking after them is going to know the Rams are a team to move ahead of it you want a QB.

Oh and re: them moving up for Treadwell? It would not surprise me. I wouldn't necessarily like it, but it would be hard to knock them for that given how long they have wanted a top WR for this offense.

My reasoning for posting the part about trading up and taking Treadwell was because many of us would be excited that they moved up for a QB, then the rug gets pulled out from under us. (btw I like Treadwell a lot, but not enough to move up for.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My reasoning for posting the part about trading up and taking Treadwell was because many of us would be excited that they moved up for a QB, then the rug gets pulled out from under us. (btw I like Treadwell a lot, but not enough to move up for.)

Yeah that would suck. I could get over it of course, but I'd be really disappointed. Rams need the "skills" upgraded, as Snead put it, but they gotta stop the madness soon and address that QB position.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Is it Unreasonable for me to consider that FIVE teams who will select before us...
#2-Cleveland Browns
#4-Dallas Cowboys
#7-San Francisco 49ers
#12-New Orleans Saints
#13-Philadelphia Eagles

Will be looking hard @ these three QB's? With 2 other teams who may have high desires to trade up & get a QB too like Houston & Denver? I would think that both Goff & Wentz will be off the board after the Dallas pick leaving Lynch & Cook. leaving Chip Kelley looking for the next biggest offensive weapon either a QB Lynch or WR Treadwell. I sure do not see any trade up by the Rams for a Treadwell. Like I said earlier too the Ravens @ #6 will be burning hot for Treadwell also all several hours before we get ready to make our selection.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah that would suck. I could get over it of course, but I'd be really disappointed. Rams need the "skills" upgraded, as Snead put it, but they gotta stop the madness soon and address that QB position.

It almost feels like they are trying to get everything in place and then, when they feel they wont be needing the picks so much, they will move on a top QB. Trouble with that is they will be drafting pretty high, and every year there is a need at some position or another..... although they did a damn good job taking care of the Oline in two drafts. But they still need DE, MLB, WR, TE and QB. This just might be another bandaid year. Now there is conversation of Manning retiring briefly and the Rams luring him to play in L.A.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is it Unreasonable for me to consider that FIVE teams who will select before us...
#2-Cleveland Browns
#4-Dallas Cowboys
#7-San Francisco 49ers
#12-New Orleans Saints
#13-Philadelphia Eagles

Will be looking hard @ these three QB's? With 2 other teams who may have high desires to trade up & get a QB too like Houston & Denver? I would think that both Goff & Wentz will be off the board after the Dallas pick leaving Lynch & Cook. leaving Chip Kelley looking for the next biggest offensive weapon either a QB Lynch or WR Treadwell. I sure do not see any trade up by the Rams for a Treadwell. Like I said earlier too the Ravens @ #6 will be burning hot for Treadwell also all several hours before we get ready to make our selection.

It was kind of a joke about moving up for Treadwell. I don't think they would do that. He is good but he is no Julio Jones. Now the 5 QBs gone before 15 thing........I posted that several weeks ago and think it could very well happen. None of the top QBs are deemed ready so if they really have the talent teams like Dallas and New Orleans with aging QBs could very well look to take one and sit him for a year or two. Best case scenario, the Boys get Manziel or RG, and the Saints keep both Brees and Peyton who would want more to win now than to invest for the future of a team they may not be part of in two or three years. Then the Rams would only need to jump the Eagles to get one of the top 3 theoretically.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
#2-Cleveland Browns
#4-Dallas Cowboys
#7-San Francisco 49ers
#12-New Orleans Saints
#13-Philadelphia Eagles

No, it is completely reasonable and I am in agreement. Don't forget Buffalo, whose GM commented even after their QB was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate that they are not necessarily out of that QB mix. And I don't blame them either: Tyrod Taylor is not a long term answer that will help them compete with New England.

There is just no way any of those top 3 QBs drop to 15. For the Rams they will proceed with the assumption that if they want one of them they need to trade up. And honestly it might not even be safe to move up to 8 range. It's the hardest position to find in this league, and there are three guys who have very nice ceilings sitting there. IMO there's gonna be some serious wheeling and dealing from teams that want them, which means even Cleveland might not get the choice of which QB they want.

Honestly I'm hoping the Rams make a RG3-like offer for the top pick and take the guy they covet. Just do it. Keep those second round picks, too, because you're gonna need them for the skills upgrades. That plus a FA receiver who can be a good possession option and this offense will be ready to roll and it will also get better and better over the next few years. I am that tired of seeing poor QBing man. Just do it. Move way up.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
It almost feels like they are trying to get everything in place and then, when they feel they wont be needing the picks so much, they will move on a top QB. Trouble with that is they will be drafting pretty high, and every year there is a need at some position or another..... although they did a damn good job taking care of the Oline in two drafts. But they still need DE, MLB, WR, TE and QB. This just might be another bandaid year. Now there is conversation of Manning retiring briefly and the Rams luring him to play in L.A.

I AM ALL SET ON MANNING ! all he would contribute is his leadership, other than that his skills have diminished greatly and could u see him standing confident in the pocket behind Greg Robinson lol that would be ugly

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I AM ALL SET ON MANNING ! all he would contribute is his leadership, other than that his skills have diminished greatly and could u see him standing confident in the pocket behind Greg Robinson lol that would be ugly

Just the thought of a vet like Manning or 'gag' Brady or whomever being able to teach a young Qb things such as preparation and dedication would be sweet for a year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd never assume other teams are going to be stupid, when thinking about the Rams' options.

It would be tough to trade ahead of the Cowboys, frankly. Likely take both seconds and #15, and possibly more. OTOH, trading ahead of the 49ers looks far more likely - #15, the Eagle's pick, and maybe a third next year is enough on the trade charts. I could live with that.
I'd never assume that either. Just a chance to get a dig on the Cowboys with a little humor. Anyone here can claim what a team will do, but in honesty, it's rare that any NFL team, knows what a team will do in front of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just the thought of a vet like Manning or 'gag' Brady or whomever being able to teach a young Qb things such as preparation and dedication would be sweet for a year.
But what if you don't have the young QB on the team who would benefit from this?