Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Looks like 3 Qbs are going in the top 15 and possibly top 7. I wanted Wentz at 15, but that ain't gonna happen IMO. Gonna have to trade up a bit to get him. We might have to jump the Niners to land him. I could see Cleveland and Dallas both grabbing QBs. If he checks out at the combine and interviews well, I'd have no problems jumping up for him. I think he could put this current team in contention year after year.

I'd say possibly 4 in the top 15 Connor Cook is that good

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd say possibly 4 in the top 15 Connor Cook is that good

Agreed. I think the Rams will need to move up to ensure they get the position addressed. Sticking at 15 will be very risky.

Athos

Legend
Not needing to teach Wentz how to take snaps from under center will speed up his development. Looks like he needs some footwork fixes.

He'll need to learn to slide in the NFL.

But he has the arm, mobility. He keeps his eyes downfield when scrambling. Trouble I'm noticing is his WRs are kinda slow, not very quick. They don't separate a lot, which makes his stats more impressive. In the title game last year, I noticed more coverage sacks and QB hits than expected.

Surround Wentz with Gurley, get a stud TE like Henry or WR like Boyd, bring in a savvy WR VET, and I think you could roll with Wentz at the start of the season.

So I'm mystified why people think this is a weak QB class. Maybe no ELITE Pro-Ready QB like Luck, but then, there hardly ever are any of those.

But Wentz has the tools. Seems to have the brains, and has the Tim TeBlow desire and all the physical traits TeBlow wishes he had.

If Goff is gone, I trade with da Chargers if I have to to grab Wentz.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Not surprised. NFL teams love tools. Wentz's tools are about as good as you get. He's a tad raw but uber talented.
I have Wentz ahead of Lynch and far far far ahead of Cook.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have Wentz ahead of Lynch and far far far ahead of Cook.

I don't know man, Lynch is a pretty sick prospect. I really like Wentz but I would take both Goff and Lynch over him. He's a better prospect than Bortles was by a good margin, who went 3 overall and is looking good now in year 2. Speed similar to Kaepernick and the big arm but a much better passer.

Amazing to me how underrated this QB class is in the media.

jjab360

Legend
I don't know man, Lynch is a pretty sick prospect. I really like Wentz but I would take both Goff and Lynch over him. He's a better prospect than Bortles was by a good margin, who went 3 overall and is looking good now in year 2. Speed similar to Kaepernick and the big arm but a much better passer.

Amazing to me how underrated this QB class is in the media.
I like Lynch but he doesn't have anywhere near Kaep's speed or arm imo.

What he does have, however, which should give him a slight advantage is a brain

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Lynch but he doesn't have anywhere near Kaep's speed or arm imo.

What he does have, however, which should give him a slight advantage is a brain

I think Lynch's speed is actually a lot closer to Kaepernick's than you think. I think Kaepernick's 40 was somewhere in the 4.55 to 4.65 range and I expect Lynch to time similarly. He just doesn't run the same offense that Kaepernick did. But Lynch has some serious wheels.

jjab360

Legend
I think Lynch's speed is actually a lot closer to Kaepernick's than you think. I think Kaepernick's 40 was somewhere in the 4.55 to 4.65 range and I expect Lynch to time similarly. He just doesn't run the same offense that Kaepernick did. But Lynch has some serious wheels.
Well that would be impressive, but I seriously doubt it from what I've seen. When Kaepernick is in stride he just glides past defenders, haven't seen that from Lynch maybe you could show me an example?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that would be impressive, but I seriously doubt it from what I've seen. When Kaepernick is in stride he just glides past defenders, haven't seen that from Lynch maybe you could show me an example?

Don't really have one. The best I can do is...

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13692940

And it isn't a long enough run to really show it. But for a brief second, you can see him turn the speed on and leave the defender in the dust. He's a really fleet-footed guy.

Ram65

Legend
I caught the second half well most of it. I missed a turnover which I guess was an INT. What happened?

He does and did stare down his receivers. He may get really hurt running like that in the NFL. He has lots going for him. Strong arm and big guy with brains. Having a 4.0 grade average has to help with comprehending the NFL game. He is a great prospect but does have some flaws too.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
He had a much better first half than second half. They already had a 24-0 lead by half time.

Athos

Legend
If you only caught the second half, you missed a lot of the great stuff.

And still, several months off and playing that well against good competition isn't something to snooze at.

Ram65

Legend

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 picks is probably overkill. Adding a bunch of rookie WRs doesn't sound like a good idea to me. We all saw the growing pains the OL had with a bunch of rookies. I'm good with adding a rookie WR or two. But we need to add a veteran to play with Britt. Because odds are that the rookies will not be ready to step into major roles and play at a consistently high level.
normally yes, but with this receiving corps, major help is needed. TE is a very huge need for this team. and bless the TE that can CATCH and BLOCK in the same game. 2 wr's, 1 te, 1 OL..........can never have enough depth on OL. works wonders for the DL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would be happy with Wentz, Goff, or Lynch. I do think the Rams will have to trade up to get one of them. I can't see any of them there at 15 right now. There could be 3-5 teams ahead of them that are interested in a QB and several behind them. The Qb position is one where you definitely need to make a move if you are really interested in someone at the top.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it's ironic that Cook might be there for us now, given his passing on the Senior Bowl. Gotta admit that is a big concern for me, makes me wonder if the guy is as much a tool and as disliked by his teammates as some of the rumors have suggested.

Really sucks, but then again I don't think the Rams will be content to sit at 15 if they put a proper priority on the QB position anyway. Move up is a near certainty for us, unless Fish plans on rolling the dice and going BPA in the first and taking a flyer on a second tier QB in round 2.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I would be happy with Wentz, Goff, or Lynch. I do think the Rams will have to trade up to get one of them. I can't see any of them there at 15 right now. There could be 3-5 teams ahead of them that are interested in a QB and several behind them. The Qb position is one where you definitely need to make a move if you are really interested in someone at the top.
I think I'm at that place that I'm ok with any of the top 3 but after that why even bother. So I think the rams need to to whatever it takes to get one of those three.