Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I hope that at the least Snead gets an agreement with someone up high, say around 6-8 range, where IF his guy is there they can pull the trigger and move up. Wentz isn't going to cool off, he's cemented himself as an elite prospect.

Same thing is coming with Goff and Lynch too, IMO. Wait until their workouts, when scouts and teams see them live and up close dealing. Snead's gonna have to be ready to move up at least a little unless they're gonna do something wacky like focus on one of the guys from that next tier. I could see Fish pounding the table for Prescott, for example, and he would be able to go DT or DE there at 15 and still get the dude.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hope that at the least Snead gets an agreement with someone up high, say around 6-8 range, where IF his guy is there they can pull the trigger and move up. Wentz isn't going to cool off, he's cemented himself as an elite prospect.

Same thing is coming with Goff and Lynch too, IMO. Wait until their workouts, when scouts and teams see them live and up close dealing. Snead's gonna have to be ready to move up at least a little unless they're gonna do something wacky like focus on one of the guys from that next tier. I could see Fish pounding the table for Prescott, for example, and he would be able to go DT or DE there at 15 and still get the dude.

I just can't see see us selling a tier 2 QB to the LA Market. Rams need to secure a real talent at QB, plus it will help market this team across north america. LA to Vancouver, From FLA to New Brunswick :grouphug:o_O

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Great point. That's why you'd rather have Mark Sanchez than Joe Flacco. Right?

No did not say that , I just don't see the guy being proven but looks like all the scouts disagree so we will see.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't see see us selling a tier 2 QB to the LA Market. Rams need to secure a real talent at QB, plus it will help market this team across north america. LA to Vancouver, From FLA to New Brunswick :grouphug:o_O

That is my hope tbh. I think left to his own thought process that Fish would not consider a move up for a game changer at QB. He'd probably draft Prescott in round 2 which would allow him to take one of several outstanding DL who should be there at 15, or maybe even one of three excellent corners.

But the pressure of making a statement in LA is real. IF they take a top QB now he should be ready to kill it in 2019 when the stadium opens. And up until that time it gives fans a focal point for hope, that they drafted a real talent at the position.

I just don't know if they'll pull the trigger and if they do how high would they consider going? I mean let's say they determine they want Goff who is a likely choice at 2 overall. Do they make that splash for 1 overall? I would in a heartbeat but just don't think Fish and Snead would do that for one reason: it's not going to help them this year. So IMO we are going to see a compromise, where they trade for a guy like McCarron or where they take a guy they like in round 2 (Prescott once again is the type of QB Fish likes with the mobility and running ability) and go open competition in camp for starter and backup.

Really got my fingers crossed it goes down as you alluded to, where that pressure pushes them to the drastic move for a true game changing talent at QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol.
I opened the link.
The actual title turns out to be the Rams "should" target Carson Wentz, and then in his own mock he has the Rams choosing Lynch instead.

Unless he falls on his face in the Senior bowl game, I cant see where he's not being drafted by the Cowboys. He's killed it in practice, coached by the Boys staff.

I can. Especially when RGIII and Manziel come available.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, Jerry is a bad GM but he isn't that dumb about personnel.

He was going to take Manziel over Zack Martin a couple years ago until his son told him they weren't doing it. I have a strong feeling he'll take a top defensive player and sign a guy like RGIII or Manziel. Hell, I might actually sign RGIII and take a top defensive player if I were in his shoes.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He was going to take Manziel over Zack Martin a couple years ago until his son told him they weren't doing it. I have a strong feeling he'll take a top defensive player and sign a guy like RGIII or Manziel. Hell, I might actually sign RGIII and take a top defensive player if I were in his shoes.
I could see the Cowboys trading down with us, and taking Elliot, or the best pass rusher available. Jones thinks they can win now, with Romo, and a little more help.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
That is my hope tbh. I think left to his own thought process that Fish would not consider a move up for a game changer at QB. He'd probably draft Prescott in round 2 which would allow him to take one of several outstanding DL who should be there at 15, or maybe even one of three excellent corners.

But the pressure of making a statement in LA is real. IF they take a top QB now he should be ready to kill it in 2019 when the stadium opens. And up until that time it gives fans a focal point for hope, that they drafted a real talent at the position.

I just don't know if they'll pull the trigger and if they do how high would they consider going? I mean let's say they determine they want Goff who is a likely choice at 2 overall. Do they make that splash for 1 overall? I would in a heartbeat but just don't think Fish and Snead would do that for one reason: it's not going to help them this year. So IMO we are going to see a compromise, where they trade for a guy like McCarron or where they take a guy they like in round 2 (Prescott once again is the type of QB Fish likes with the mobility and running ability) and go open competition in camp for starter and backup.

Really got my fingers crossed it goes down as you alluded to, where that pressure pushes them to the drastic move for a true game changing talent at QB.
Man f that! They better not take another damn defensive player in the first! Its offense or nothing, it has to be.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone get a load of the mock drafts scrolling on ESPN now? Media continues to align themselves to reality: just saw one with Goff going 2 overall and Wentz at 4. Won't be long and the media will realize Lynch is a top ten talent as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man f that! They better not take another damn defensive player in the first! Its offense or nothing, it has to be.

I think with his staff coaching Wentz and everyone telling him that he is the guy, that Jones goes that way if possible. However, if Wentz, Lynch, and Goff are all regarded to be top talents, albeit not ready for primetime, smart teams are going to recognize it and consider a move up ahead of a team like Dallas or Philadelphia because they see the future value.

I admit that I don't have a good tab on the future of QBs in the coming draft(s). But, I believe this draft is bringing two maybe 3 obvious game changers. These top three don't feel like Gabbert/Locker types to me. The value will be recognized and moving up for them wont be consider reaches like taking EJ Manuel in round 1. But, we'll see. There is intriguing value with a few of the later picks too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think with his staff coaching Wentz and everyone telling him that he is the guy, that Jones goes that way if possible. However, if Wentz, Lynch, and Goff are all regarded to be top talents, albeit not ready for primetime, smart teams are going to recognize it and consider a move up ahead of a team like Dallas or Philadelphia because they see the future value.

I admit that I don't have a good tab on the future of QBs in the coming draft(s). But, I believe this draft is bringing two maybe 3 obvious game changers. These top three don't feel like Gabbert/Locker types to me. The value will be recognized and moving up for them wont be consider reaches like taking EJ Manuel in round 1. But, we'll see. There is intriguing value with a few of the later picks too.
I see the big 3, with maybe a couple guys panning out, if they are in an environment conducive to their slills.

The 3, then a gap, IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't be surprised if they got Manziel or RGIII and still drafted a QB
Romo is done and that team fell on its face without him

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...ock-draft-carson-wentz-jared-goff-noah-spence

2016 NFL mock draft: The rise of Carson Wentz
By Dan Kadar@MockingTheDraft on Feb 1, 2016, 4:35a 24 24

usa-today-9086195.0.jpg

Butch Dill-USA TODAY Sports

Hot off the Senior Bowl, how high could the North Dakota State quarterback go in the draft?

TWEET :
Fresh off last week's Senior Bowl, a few players in the 2016 NFL Draft have their draft stock rising. This week's mock draft includes six participants, including two picks inside the top 10.

One of them is North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz. Although I thought he had an uneven week of practices, the opinions of those in NFL front offices are quite high on Wentz. When you see Wentz's 6'5 frame, his athleticism and a strong arm, it's easy to see why teams love him.

With Wentz and other Senior Bowl players on the rise, that will cause some highly rated players to slide. At least for now. Things are going to continue being fluid throughout the entire draft process.

1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
Tennessee doesn't have to complicate things too much with this pick. Tunsil will likely be rated among the best players in this year's draft, and he fills a need protecting Marcus Mariota.

2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California
Count me in the people who still view Goff as being a better quarterback than Carson Wentz of North Dakota State. He's more pro-ready, which is needed in Cleveland, and has much better pocket presence. Goff's hand measurement at the NFL Scouting Combine will be important, and will help quiet any concerns about his ability to zip the ball through the cold weather.

3. San Diego Chargers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
The same principle that applies to the Titans applies to the Chargers. They need to make sure Philip Rivers is protected for what looks like the last couple years of his career. Stanley is a very good offensive tackle with good athleticism and foot quickness to handle speed rushers.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
It can be hard to sell a quarterback being the pick for Dallas, even though he'd back upTony Romo for at least a season. But connect the dots. Dallas didn't mind going with a smaller school quarterback in Romo and letting him sit to start his career. Obviously it was a much different situation, but the outcome could be the same.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
In a scenario where Stanley goes that high in the first round, Bosa could slip. If he does, Jacksonville will have to decide between him and Florida State's Jalen Ramsey. Bosa holds a slightly higher grade and is the pick, despite the Jaguars getting Dante Fowler back next season.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
The rise of Wentz means a team like Baltimore will benefit from a highly rated player sliding some in the draft. Ramsey is arguably a top-three talent who can star at cornerback or safety.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
San Francisco's wide receiver group can't rely on Torrey Smith as a No. 1 option. Treadwell is the draft's top wideout and profiles to be more of a No. 1 than anyone else in this year's draft.

8. Miami Dolphins: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
The level of talent in Miami's secondary is extremely low. Alexander could be drafted at No. 8 and slide right into the starting lineup as a rookie.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
There is maybe no hotter draft prospect following the Senior Bowl than Spence. During a week of practice, he showed he can line up at end and win with his speed and quickness to the edge.

10. New York Giants: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
New York's pass rush needs upgrading, and Buckner is a great choice on the edge. He has unique length and athleticism, and finished last season with 83 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks.

11. Chicago Bears: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
Jack slipping to the No. 11 pick would be an exciting development for Chicago. He's a superstar athlete for a linebacker, who can cover an incredible amount of ground on defense.

12. New Orleans Saints: Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss
This offseason, the Saints have to figure out how to both generate a pass rush and stop the run. Nkemdiche is the type of defensive lineman who can do both, more so than others available.

13. Philadelphia Eagles: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
With the signings of offensive tackle Lane Johnson and tight end Zach Ertz to new contracts, and close to one with defensive lineman Fletcher Cox, the Eagles are more so in win-now mode than build. Because of that, the Eagles might not want to use a first-round pick on a quarterback that needs developing. If not, a top-flight cornerback would be a good pickup. Byron Maxwell didn't have a good start to his Eagles career, and Hargreaves is a much better prospect than former second-round pick Eric Rowe.

14. Oakland Raiders: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
The Raiders need linebacker talent and some think Ragland is the best linebacker talent in the 2016 NFL Draft. At the Senior Bowl, Ragland worked at outside linebacker and held up fairly well. He's still much more of an inside linebacker at this point. Regardless, he could help the Raiders next season.

15. Los Angeles Rams: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
A new beginning for the Rams in Los Angeles could get off to a fresh start by drafting a quarterback in the first round. That would give the Rams Lynch and running back Todd Gurley as key pieces on a rebuilding offense for years to come.