CELEBRATE !! Cards @ Rams Victory / We’re in the Playoffs Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Adams is 6’ 1”, hardly big. Their TE Tonyan is big though.
You should watch Adams. The dude brings down the ball like a man among boys.

Kelce catches it with guys all over him but I agree he doesn't go up in traffic that often. And Tyreek is pure speed mostly. More speed than any of our guys. We have excellent route runners that cant get physical and can't blow by guys. It is what it is. It's really a waste though because Wolford does throw a nice fade and back shoulder ball as he showed today.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Adams is 6’ 1”, hardly big. Their TE Tonyan is big though.

6'1" 215 is pretty big for a WR.

As for how he plays, he's absolutely a big WR with excellent hands.

As opposed to Josh Reynolds who's 6'3" 196 and doesn't remotely play as a big WR. Unlike many, I don't disparage his hands as he's made some really tough catches for us. That said, he's def not a big WR... doesn't tend to box out and doesn't tend to elevate over DBs.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Nah....not yet.

imo miami had a more glaring need to llay fitz

yeah its early but wolf made several key plays and first down conversions that jared would have never made. Hes not the passer jared is but clearly a far superior runner, has better awareness in the pocket, and makes better decisions, at least in this game. I think if jaared was playing, this game is much closer.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Come on, dude. Hell of a job by Wolford to do enough to get the W, but we scored 9 offensive points against Arizona. Goff led us to 31 offensive points last time we played and threw for 350 yards. All the respect in the world to Wolford for stepping up in such a pivotal game (especially in his first NFL snaps). But he ain't Goff.
Good perspective

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As opposed to Josh Reynolds who's 6'3" 196 and doesn't remotely play as a big WR. Unlike many, I don't disparage his hands as he's made some really tough catches for us. That said, he's def not a big WR... doesn't tend to box out and doesn't tend to elevate over DBs.
He also straight pusses out at times in terms of letting DBs take him down. Him being so big and fucking rangy might make me notice it more or whatever but that pisses me off.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Good perspective

and then the vaunted jets came to town. Im good, a bit nervous, but ok with jared starting but if he has another 1st half like he did against the jets or the seahacks a week ago, then Im pulling him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And also IF the rookie TE (Hopkins) can go out there and just line up correctly I would have his ass playing before Everett.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The problem with our OL is that we're one lineman away from being really good (well, with Whitworth injured, it's two). If we could replace Blythe with Corbett at Center and grab a monster of a RG, we'd have a great OL (with Whitworth healthy).

I'll settle for Whitworth playing against Seattle. Rams have missed his leadership and power blocking big time the last few weeks. We can grab the monster guard for next year.

I hope and expect to see Whit play on Saturday and light a fire under the oline, especially in the run game.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
You should watch Adams. The dude brings down the ball like a man among boys.

Kelce catches it with guys all over him but I agree he doesn't go up in traffic that often. And Tyreek is pure speed mostly. More speed than any of our guys. We have excellent route runners that cant get physical and can't blow by guys. It is what it is. It's really a waste though because Wolford does throw a nice fade and back shoulder ball as he showed today.
I live in Minnesota so I see Adams every weekend. He catches most everything he can get two hands on but remember who is throwing him the ball. Woods, Reynolds and Jefferson made some very good, contested catches today in tight windows. They are just not as consistent at Adams, not many are. Wolford took at least one deep shot today so we have guys fast enough to get downfield if the line can hold or if a rollout doesn’t leave an end unblocked.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
and then the vaunted jets came to town. Im good, a bit nervous, but ok with jared starting but if he has another 1st half like he did against the jets or the seahacks a week ago, then Im pulling him.
We disagree.

I’m playing Jared and he gets a long leash because he’s the starter and earned it.

He‘s the QB of a 10-6 playoff team.

Not worried. I expect him to come out playing well if he’s cleared and he threw today.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Some of you are just funny, yes Wolford played well and made some great 1st downs that helped us but he didn't make any TDs, if not for the D and their safety and pick 6 we lose this one. If Wolford had made some touchdown passes I might be nervous for Goff but nope LOL. I admit he hasn't looked the best lately and I'm not sure he'll really be ready to come back next week but let's put things in perspective, John isn't taking his job.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yeah, #1 defense in yards and points allowed

two Pro Bowlers

It's a great D. Could not be more fitting than for the Rams to be led by the defense with their great history on that side of the ball. They now have a chance to really leave their mark in the playoffs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah its early but wolf made several key plays and first down conversions that jared would have never made. Hes not the passer jared is but clearly a far superior runner, has better awareness in the pocket, and makes better decisions, at least in this game. I think if jaared was playing, this game is much closer.

I think if Jared is playing, we win the game by 2 or 3 TDs. Jared can't run like Wolford, but he sees the field better, is more accurate, and has better arm strength. I also disagree that Wolford makes better decisions and has better pocket awareness. We scored 31 offensive points against Arizona just a few weeks ago. Goff shredded their pass defense. Look at Wolford's passing stats. If Goff had put up numbers like that and only led the offense to 9 points, people would be criticizing him. Now, to be fair to Wolford, these were his first NFL snaps and he did do enough to lead us to victory. He deserves props for that. But let's stop selling Jared short.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wolford made some plays today with his legs that would have lead to punts with Goff in there. Is Wolford more talented? No. But does he bring an extra dimension to the offense that makes it harder for defenses to game plan against us. Yes. I think that's something for Mcvay to really consider.
Exactly that I thought.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is the more proven and more talented QB. Quick disclaimer before some people get too excited about this subject lol.

But I disagree about him having better vision than Wolford. I don't think Goff's vision is particularly good in fact I think it's one of his greatest weaknesses. I don't know enough about Wolford yet due to sample size but his vision is probably comparable and might be better we'll see. I also like his processing speed but not surprised it was a strength of his. He didn't get too risky where QBs with weak arms can struggle which is trying to throw the longer routes on a late read. Generally he got through them very well and he had full control and did well with that too.

IMO what Wolford just did was prove to McVay he can go to his backup if Goff is tanking. McVay didn't feel that confident in him before. That's a step forward for McVay and a direct improvement to our QB room which are good things.