CELEBRATE !! Cards @ Rams Victory / We’re in the Playoffs Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Just got out of the hospital on Tuesday. I felt good about Wolford, I have all season. He managed the game well, made plays when he had to, and only really made one mistake that he worked off. It was as good of a performance that could be expected of any first-time starter. His mobility definitely caught the Cards by surprise even though they supposedly had hundreds of plays by Wolford.

But make no mistake there are some serious issues on the offense that have more to do with scheme than players. Sean needs to begin to transition to a power run game. There is no question in my mind he will do so next year.

The playoffs are a whole new season. Anything can happen. In the playoffs IMO you are better off with an elite defense which the Rams have. NFL you have been warned.
Hope all is well.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wolf did this without Kupp. Kupp usually feasts on the cardinals. Not sure Goff would have done any better in this game. Very impressed with Wolfords command and confidence in this offense. Good to know we can trust him if we need him.

I hope Goff can play next week, but I will feel good with the Wolf if need be. He showed me a lot tonight. If he can improve on that deep touch, Lookout.

Last edited:

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I'm glad our kicker is Gay! We are going into the playoffs with a kicker that has shown he can come through. St didn't suck for once. Remember when we couldn't hit a pat or a field goal? We couldn't even kick it out of the end zone on kick offs! Now?? Go rams

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Wolf did this without Kupp. Kupp usually feasts in the cardinals. Not sure Goff would have done any better in this game. Very impressed with Wolfords command and confidence in this offense. Good to know we can trust him if we need him.

I hope Goff can play next week, but I will feel good with the Wolf if need be. He showed me a lot tonight. If he can improve on that deep touch, Lookout.
A little timing and touch, as well as having the O line do their part setting up and establishing a run game, and I think we have a decent chance at beating the effing chickens next week. Really, the O line is the key.
I saw too many uncontested pass rushers receiving the turnstile treatment today. Just blew by our lineman ( looking at you, Boom) and destroyed the play before it got feet.
The Rams must play well up front next week to win.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
135521102_10159453947683484_1590544126179827867_o.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Was not pretty, but I enjoyed the game for the most part. I was telling my buddy during the game that Goff may have gotten complacent the last 2 seasons. But now he should feel some fire under his ass, we do have a backup that can come in and run the O. Goffs injury may be a blessing in disguise, he got to see his backup perform reasonably well and McVay may be able to come up with some situational plays to put Wolford in. The read option seems to work for other teams at the goal line, not sure why we didnt try it with Wolford. And I agree with McVay not tipping his hand telling sheattle who will be starting next week. I fully expect Goff to start, but I want sheattle preparing to see Wolford. Hopefully Big Whit will have an effect on the O being in the huddle. And what about that D? Every QB should be concerned about our DL, AD draws the attention, but the others are stepping up this season. How many times have we asked ourselves if AD is double and triple teamed where are the rest of the DL? In 2020, they are showing up and getting it done! Our LBs may not be a strength, but they are getting it done as well. And the secondary is playing well, feeding off the pressure created by the DL.

Did anyone else feel comfortable in the 4th qtr? The NE game is the only other time I can remember feeling like the game is ours and I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat eating Tums at an alarming rate.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So happy that we clinched a spot versus getting clinched. Just relieved.

Rams are a big threat in the playoffs because they're getting healthy in this window. Whit is the key of course the line has degraded terribly in his absence. But also getting Akers back and the fact he got through the game gives me hope he'll look more like his previous self who was on a fuckin tear. We'll have Kupp back too eh? At least I hope.

IMO this reads like a horror plot for Seattle. Them vs the Rams is always tough and the Rams are going to be like Seattle was this time around. Not to mention that I feel like the Rams are a better team when they're coming in as the dog. If I were a fan of that miserable team I'd be really pissed off seeing the Rams come in.

Last but not least re: QB... Goff will start if he's healthy and that's the right call. You let him show you it's still his job. And if he struggles early on, well, you now have a good handle on what to expect with Wolford. That Wolford can move the chains. This is a great development for us by the way if you look at it from a team-first perspective not the players. I don't care that much who the QB is provided he's giving us a good chance to win. So IMO it follows that our QB position overall looks better now and that is something I'm quite happy about. :beer2::cool:

Ellard80

Legend
Defense dominated again..

we own the cardinals ass.

mcvay with his 3rd double digit win season in 4 years... playoffs 3 out of 4.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A little timing and touch, as well as having the O line do their part setting up and establishing a run game, and I think we have a decent chance at beating the effing chickens next week. Really, the O line is the key.
I saw too many uncontested pass rushers receiving the turnstile treatment today. Just blew by our lineman ( looking at you, Boom) and destroyed the play before it got feet.
The Rams must play well up front next week to win.
I still say McVay has been protecting the OL this yr. They cant pass block, especially the interior and when teams know we want to run the ball, they can't.

When was the last time this team could consistently run out the clock in a four minute drill?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still say McVay has been protecting the OL this yr. They cant pass block, especially the interior and when teams know we want to run the ball, they can't.

When was the last time this team could consistently run out the clock in a four minute drill?

The problem with our OL is that we're one lineman away from being really good (well, with Whitworth injured, it's two). If we could replace Blythe with Corbett at Center and grab a monster of a RG, we'd have a great OL (with Whitworth healthy).

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem with our OL is that we're one lineman away from being really good (well, with Whitworth injured, it's two). If we could replace Blythe with Corbett at Center and grab a monster of a RG, we'd have a great OL (with Whitworth healthy).
The sad thing is it is essentially 2 because father time will come for Andrew....hes undefeated (father time that is) but I agree with you otherwise i just see it as 2 now

swmizzou83

Starter
Wolford made some plays today with his legs that would have lead to punts with Goff in there. Is Wolford more talented? No. But does he bring an extra dimension to the offense that makes it harder for defenses to game plan against us. Yes. I think that's something for Mcvay to really consider.