Can your wife cook?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She sure can Here she is whipping up something tasty right now.
5-19-19a.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I make great Pho but never ventured much into Indian food. I love Butter Chicken though. We are talking the Indian Butter Chicken - right?

I am a fiend for Pho. Just love it. I tend to really like most Asian noodle soups. Love good ramen as well.

I had two different Vietnamese soups at a buffet that my mom's Vietnamese friends invited us to. One was SUPER salty and the Pho not so much. I loved the Pho, but the saltier soup, I didn't like as well.

Been casually studying Japanese in case I get that bucket list trip to Japan and both bomb-ass ramen as well as Wagyu beef are gonna be on the menu.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can my wife cook?

Is the Pope Catholic?

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I’ll post my steak recipe for you. I used to try different combos with venison. I finally got what I think is the best combination.

Soy sauce
Season salt
McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning.

I'm not trying to be an ass but do you know what those three ingredients are for the most part? SALT. There's an easier and cheaper way that can beautifully tenderize the cheap steak cuts by using coarse salt. Sea salt, kosher, road salt you get the idea. Just don't use fine grained salt such as table salt since the meat will absorb too much and taste too salty. Cover each side with the coarse salt and let it sit outside the fridge for an hour per inch thickness. Then rinse well and you can dry the meat before grilling if you want but I rarely do. Makes the cheap cuts so tender that you'd think you paid 3X the price and tastes great!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
For steak - marinade in equal parts maple syrup and soy sauce for about a day. Then grill and enjoy. Thank me later.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm not trying to be an ass but do you know what those three ingredients are for the most part? SALT. There's an easier and cheaper way that can beautifully tenderize the cheap steak cuts by using coarse salt. Sea salt, kosher, road salt you get the idea. Just don't use fine grained salt such as table salt since the meat will absorb too much and taste too salty. Cover each side with the coarse salt and let it sit outside the fridge for an hour per inch thickness. Then rinse well and you can dry the meat before grilling if you want but I rarely do. Makes the cheap cuts so tender that you'd think you paid 3X the price and tastes great!

Makes the prime cuts good, too.

Coarse salt only for me, too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

yeah I know it's a lot of salt but it never tastes all that salty. It's not anywhere close to how salty a steak in a restaurant is. I won't even order steak when I go out. Mine is better. The McCormicks seasoning has pepper and other spices too. I don't know what is in season salt, besides salt.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My wife was always a good cook. But after multiple back and hip surgeries I took over the cooking duties. Which is fine because I'm an even better cook. My grandkids love to come over just for my cooking. They always say "No one cooks like Papa!" :pillowfight::cool:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
My wife is a wonderful cook. When she is home. Since she flies for a living, so she is gone 15 days month. Everything from Pho, to Indian, to well, you name it. She is of Hungarian descent,(her parents came from there) and rarely cooks Hungarian food. Tonight she made a dish with Ramen noodles that was fantastic. Yeah, I didn't believe it until I tasted it. The noodles were just for convenience sake. Grilled mushrooms, steak and caramelized onions mixed with the noodles.

BTW, she has burned water, more than once. And she can't make a grilled cheese without burning it.