Can the Rams go on a run, like they did in 2023?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have you watched any of the games? I suppose you had them 5-0 but after the first game and a half they easily could be 0-5.

This young team has proved they have the grit to get it done with a couple of breaks. They are getting healthy and easily could get to 10.

Go back to sleep, bandwagon, we’ll let you know when you can get back on the Rams wagon.
Also just turned on this Vikings game. It’s going to be a short week.

It might be what is called a sandwich game,but Kevin O’connel sure knows Mcvay.

He has done a good job since leaving The Rams.Right now I’ll stay focused on the Raiders,but hard not to glance at Thursday Game at SOFI!!

Are you going ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come-on man. It's a short thread. You can invest half-a-minute and read through it.

There is one poster that has been negative, with an attitude; and got push-back to his comments.
I had to read the thread to see those comments, I have the user on ignore because he's such a negative clown soooooo negative. In actuality I was calling 2 people a clown the ignored user and the guy who made the video sparking this thread, not CGI of course but the troll Jake.

TexasRam

Legend
With a young team that can improve and key players coming back from injury… it is possible we sneak into the playoffs.

Defense lacks talent for a deep playoff run however.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Come-on man. It's a short thread. You can invest half-a-minute and read through it.

There is one poster that has been negative, with an attitude; and got push-back to his comments.
That’s all good. Still making a point. See I can keep it short

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so. We don't seem that good this year. I guess we'll see what happens when some of our injured guys return.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anything is possible in Rams football.

Those who have spent any real time following this team should know this.

The question is one of probability.
Is it likely the Rams pull off a run like last year and sneak into the playoffs again? Realistically, probably not. But maybe.
Totally maybe.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The worrying part for me is that everyone talks up the o-line injuries. But for a few weeks now, we have had only 2 starters out, one of them being at centre, and Limmer has performed pretty well there in relief. Yet we often get absolutely 0 push on key rushing downs. Today was a good example of that, the Raiders were stopped us almost every time we tried to run on 3rd and short. It is hard to win that way. And if you are expecting an o-line with everyone healthy, that is not realistic. It's the NFL. Everyone has injuries. A totally healthy o-line is the exception. Not the norm.

I do still think we can make a run when we get Puka and Kupp back and if this young defence continues to improve. 2 WRs of that caliber will do a ton for this offenses. Including the run game as on many plays they essentially serve as TEs with how heavily and capably they block. Minnesota will very likely be a loss but you never know in the NFL. After that, several games in a row that we have a shot at.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe , if they could play a complete game on both sides of the ball. And the kicking game
I just don’t see it happening.
I’ll be watching and hoping for it though. The Vikings will be a tall order.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Hoecht played well. Edge went from a plug in a free agent or trade guy to a real strength on this team. We are deep there now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The offense is holding this team back. Has all season. Mcvay needs to find some answers out there. Once he does that this team will go places.

JBRam77

Rookie

The offense is holding this team back. Has all season. Mcvay needs to find some answers out there. Once he does that this team will go places.

I think we found a nice wrinkle with Xavier Smith on end arounds to attack the edges as teams are stacking the line to stop Kyren and Corum. He has speed and toughness. I would even line him up in the backfield with Kyren on occasion to give the defense something to think about.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
After watching today's game the answer is unequivocally no.

The rams have too many glaring holes on this team. Beef in the middle of the dline, Really really bad off ball linebackers, a hodge podge secondary, and inexperience all over the field.
I didn't mention the offense because healthy they should be one of the better units in the league but at this point who knows. I can't give an honest opinion with so many missing pieces

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I feel like this seasons offense has lacked creativity and confidence in itself. Like beyond the injuries, there's a noticable lack of "swag", good energy, vibes.... whatever you call it. It’s understandable given the circumstances, dont get me wrong but they will need to sort it out if they are going to make any noise.

Puka Nucua could help there. Kupp too, no doubt, but Puka has that infectious joy thing..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
After watching today's game the answer is unequivocally no.

The rams have too many glaring holes on this team. Beef in the middle of the dline, Really really bad off ball linebackers, a hodge podge secondary, and inexperience all over the field.
I didn't mention the offense because healthy they should be one of the better units in the league but at this point who knows. I can't give an honest opinion with so many missing pieces
Gotta somehow gut out a win Thursday and then who knows?

The Rams get a mini bye, and hopefully a close to 100% Kupp is back....not sure when the other guys are coming back, but if they can get a few back they have a shot.

The league kind of sucks. Looks like Detroit might be a team well above the rest of the NFC at this point. Just about everyone else seems flawed as hell. Vikings might be the only one somewhat close.