Can QB Luis Perez make Rams Final Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
On the one hand, imo this feels like a camp arm with some PR elements mixed in. I mean the dude's from Chula Vista -- the backyard for the former San Marcos Sparkies, er, chargers. Listening to San Diego sports radio, I've heard them say that liking the Rams is one of the best ways to hate the Sparkies. Also this guy "has a great uncle — Luis Gimeno, Jr. — who happens to be one of the most famous actors in Mexico City" -- coincidentally the Rams play in Mexico City this year. I'll leave out the race thing. I don't want to think a player could make a team for non-football reasons, but it wouldn't be a total shocker.

On the other hand, if the Rams were serious about bringing in a QB with a shot to make it and this is the type of guy they're looking at, I think there was a better option. I'll defer to the draft "enthusiasts", but Perez' basic characteristics are he's 6'3"-ish 220-ish pounds, has questionable arm strength, limited mobility, but used football smarts to put up crazy, stupid, massive college stats. To me (non-draft "enthusiast"), that's pretty much Brandon Doughty and BD has 2 years of Adam Gase under his belt. Getting massive college stats throwing to guys like Tyler Higbee has to be some sort of accomplishment.

Anyhow, hoping for the best for the guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's an underdog and a late bloomer with some more upside in his game.

After watching some of his highlights and reading about his story, this was the game I decided to post.

I have my own thoughts with my own opinion but this is for you armchair scouting experts to view. :cool:

Texas A&M-Commerce wins first DII national championship

Louis Perez every snap: Dec 17, 2017 Division II Football Championship:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kpRk-xn2-w

Dude who stands out on that film is Hobbs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
On the other hand, if the Rams were serious about bringing in a QB with a shot to make it and this is the type of guy they're looking at, I think there was a better option. I'll defer to the draft "enthusiasts", but Perez' basic characteristics are he's 6'3"-ish 220-ish pounds, has questionable arm strength, limited mobility, but used football smarts to put up crazy, stupid, massive college stats. To me (non-draft "enthusiast"), that's pretty much Brandon Doughty and BD has 2 years of Adam Gase under his belt. Getting massive college stats throwing to guys like Tyler Higbee has to be some sort of accomplishment.

As usual we fans like to make mountains out of late round molehills. Then remember the ones we are right about of course. :D