Can QB Luis Perez make Rams Final Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
No doubt. One could argue, however, that it only serves to count more against his chances that his coach at a lower level wasn't wowed enough by him to do more around his talent in the offense.
sophomore in HS that could bowl a 300 game? Would be a tough decision
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
sophomore in HS that could bowl a 300 game? Would be a tough decision
train

For a normal dude? Yes. But for a driven type like, say, Kurt Warner, who refused to let go of the dream? No.

Which is why I think he's such an extreme longshot. On top of the reality of camp arms in the first place.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
For a normal dude? Yes. But for a driven type like, say, Kurt Warner, who refused to let go of the dream? No.

Which is why I think he's such an extreme longshot. On top of the reality of camp arms in the first place.
But didn't he not give up? He quit for a bit because of the immediate appearance of his circumstance (teenagers without foresight? Shocking!) but got back into it, refused to quit and is one step closer to making his dream come true. I don't see where in the long, drawn out process against all odds that brought him within spitting distance of his goal you're getting the impression that this kid's real name is Quitty McQuitterson from Quitsville, Quittlevania.

Obviously the odds are long already, but saying that he's unlikely to make it because he's a quitter after taking the hardest path possible to his goal and sticking it out to the pros, well that doesn't really follow in my opinion.

I also think it's fair to say that his HS coach's opinion of him was either inaccurate then or was based on factors that are no longer relevant (an entrenched starter, team/school/office politics, they were desperately short at WR, etc). Clearly the kid has some game. Maybe not enough for the NFL, but more than that coach identified.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So is he 6’3” 220 or 6’0” 190? Seems like a camp arm but hell - no harm in taking a shot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously the odds are long already, but saying that he's unlikely to make it because he's a quitter after taking the hardest path possible to his goal and sticking it out to the pros, well that doesn't really follow in my opinion.

Did I call him a quitter? Damn, didn't realize that. Thanks for settin me straight! :p

Once again I believe QBs need an extra level of dedication and love for the game. Just my opinion man, no big deal here really. Extreme longshot as far as I'm concerned. Camp arm, so we'll see how it goes.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did I call him a quitter? Damn, didn't realize that. Thanks for settin me straight! :p

Once again I believe QBs need an extra level of dedication and love for the game. Just my opinion man, no big deal here really. Extreme longshot as far as I'm concerned. Camp arm, so we'll see how it goes.
So yeah, I came off a little strong on that didn't I? Sorry.

And essentially, yeah, you called him a quitter. You said it's a red flag that he quit for bowling and mentioned how tough it is to be a QB in the league. It logically follows that you're concerned he'll quit again, otherwise his previous quitting wouldn't be a red flag, it would be a footnote.

Let me put this another way. What about him quitting the HS team as a WR is a red flag if you aren't questioning whether or not he'll quit again?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Anything is possible. I just watched his press conference and the kid seems to have his head right. He's definitely a long shot but PS could work wonders for him.

Psycho_X

Legend
At the very least, it'll give someone I really want to cheer for in the preseason. I hope he gets a lot of live game reps some where along the line. As for making the team, I want to be optimistic but I don't think it's likely. If they are blown away by his talent in camp and they don't have need to keep other position depth on it I could see him being stored on the practice squad.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well everyone laughed at the Rams when the owner, Leo Farnsworth, wanted to play QB and for a brief moment it seemed like he would be great

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
i dont trust Mannion and is Allen capable to do more than just fill in?
train
Yeah, I'm interested in watching Allen play in pre-season, because right now I have absolutely no idea what he has to offer out on the field.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Well everyone laughed at the Rams when the owner, Leo Farnsworth, wanted to play QB and for a brief moment it seemed like he would be great
I was thinking that you were aging yourself, but then I realized I understood your reference perfectly.:mrburns:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So yeah, I came off a little strong on that didn't I? Sorry.

And essentially, yeah, you called him a quitter. You said it's a red flag that he quit for bowling and mentioned how tough it is to be a QB in the league. It logically follows that you're concerned he'll quit again, otherwise his previous quitting wouldn't be a red flag, it would be a footnote.

Let me put this another way. What about him quitting the HS team as a WR is a red flag if you aren't questioning whether or not he'll quit again?

Oh boy. Well, first my friend, I try not to call these guys names simply because that stuff isn't right. Fan first and all that.

And I think you're taking this too far tbh. I simply don't like that the dude quit the game to be a bowler. Pretty simple stuff. Disagree all you want, and that's cool too man, but I see that as something that gives me pause in evaluating the QB position specifically, due to the amount of dedication required for these guys to succeed.

Re: him quitting his HS team, or let's even go further and ask if it would be a red flag if he quit peewee football, my answer is I don't know. Depends on the dude and what I feel when I listen to him discuss it.

Lastly I'm not rootin against the guy. I don't do that. Just don't think he has a chance. So not sure it's even worth all this back and forth.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Oh boy. Well, first my friend, I try not to call these guys names simply because that stuff isn't right. Fan first and all that.

And I think you're taking this too far tbh. I simply don't like that the dude quit the game to be a bowler. Pretty simple stuff. Disagree all you want, and that's cool too man, but I see that as something that gives me pause in evaluating the QB position specifically, due to the amount of dedication required for these guys to succeed.

Re: him quitting his HS team, or let's even go further and ask if it would be a red flag if he quit peewee football, my answer is I don't know. Depends on the dude and what I feel when I listen to him discuss it.

Lastly I'm not rootin against the guy. I don't do that. Just don't think he has a chance. So not sure it's even worth all this back and forth.
Yeah, I didn't mean to be argumentative. I just usually come off that way. Sorry about that. I'm definitely a work in progress.

jap

Legend
i dont trust Mannion and is Allen capable to do more than just fill in?
train

I don't like our backup QB situation either. I wouldn't mind seeing someone with true leadership qualities ready to take over, although if this kid actually makes it he may be a few seasons away.