CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 6: Tues, Aug 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I'm skeptical re: Anchrum at OT too, specifically LT. But Kromer went on about his arm length making that possible. And said they had been putting him at LT. This was around March this offseason and before he got fired.
For what it's worth Jourdan says he has looked the best of any 2nd olineman.
She was really talking him up.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well shortness of stature and short arms usually means an O-Lineman moves inside, as opposed to OT. However, maybe the Rams are thinking this is Havenstein's final season in L.A. and are trying to determine if Anchrum can be his replacement.
His arms are the same size as Havenstein's and only 1.25 inches shorter that Whitworth's. What does shortness of stature and long arms usually mean?

Psycho_X

Legend
His arms are the same size as Havenstein's and only 1.25 inches shorter that Whitworth's. What does shortness of stature and long arms usually mean?
Means its really hard for him to find shirts that fit worth a shit.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just commenting in general that traditionally, it's preferable for OTs to have length and long arms to better deal with athletic, speed, edge rushers.

Shorter linemen, with shorter arms often do better inside, where there's less space and leverage is critical.

Another poster referenced short arms with regard to Anchrum. If his arms are longer, that may support the Rams' belief that he can play tackle. That would be great but there are very few 6'2" offensive tackles in the NFL.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Just commenting in general that traditionally, it's preferable for OTs to have length and long arms to better deal with athletic, speed, edge rushers.

Shorter linemen, with shorter arms often do better inside, where there's less space and leverage is critical.

Another poster referenced short arms with regard to Anchrum. If his arms are longer, that may support the Rams' belief that he can play tackle. That would be great but there are very few 6'2" offensive tackles in the NFL.
I only saw the post referencing Kromer taking about his arms being long enough to play tackle. That why I looked it up when I saw your comment. The measurements from the combine/pro days/whatever support the idea that he has long ass arms for being 6'2".

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was curious what being short (I wish I was 6'2") with longer arms meant for position fit.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Remember the old song: "Love the one you're with".

I know I'm in the minority but I don't have a wandering eye when I'm happy in a relationship. I can appreciate a beautiful woman but in all honesty, that's as far as it goes when I'm happy. I was married 17 years and only the last 3 weren't great. But even then we remained honest and faithful with each other and we were best of friends until COVID got her last summer. Hell she and my GF would talk for hours on the phone once or twice a week.

To me, personality is the biggest turn-on. I worked for 7 years at United Artists and was on a lot of production sets as part of my job. I will tell you in all honesty most movie stars are complete turnoffs personality-wise. That carried over when I encountered them at Torrey Pines. The label today would be "entitled Karens". I could never see beyond their toxic personality.

When I lived in Laguna Nigel and Laguna Beach beautiful women were everywhere. But money and entitlement are corrosive. My best friend used to work for the Palos Verdes School system and we would often talk about the attitudes of the teen girls and their mothers. All that simply made me appreciate how lucky I've been in my relationships.

Yeah give me a great personality, and intelligence (someone you can actually hold a conversation with) then physical beauty is simply icing on the cake. Yup, IMO personality is what makes a woman sexy.

You need to start hyping up SJD.

You know the DT on the Rams knows as...

Sebastian Joseph-Day

Please start giving him your love....

He's earned it and deserves consideration.

Recognize-logo.png

dang

Legend
You need to start hyping up SJD.

You know the DT on the Rams knows as...

Sebastian Joseph-Day

Please start giving him your love....

He's earned it and deserves consideration.

Recognize-logo.png
I’ll give oldnotdead credit for coming off cutting Xavier Jones because in his opinion he’s too slow and goes down at first contact but good luck getting the same consideration about cutting SJD/Kiser, trading Hav and elevating Reeder to All Pro staus.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I only saw the post referencing Kromer taking about his arms being long enough to play tackle. That why I looked it up when I saw your comment. The measurements from the combine/pro days/whatever support the idea that he has long ass arms for being 6'2".

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was curious what being short (I wish I was 6'2") with longer arms meant for position fit.
Got it.

I was responding to the following comment from Bubba on the previous page:

'I've been to all 7 practices and Anchrum has mostly played RT and some LT with the twos, Even some RT with the ones. Not once have I seen him play G. Maybe because they're looking at other guys at G. Or just maybe, short arms and height, they think his best spot is at T.'

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Got it.

I was responding to the following comment from Bubba on the previous page:

'I've been to all 7 practices and Anchrum has mostly played RT and some LT with the twos, Even some RT with the ones. Not once have I seen him play G. Maybe because they're looking at other guys at G. Or just maybe, short arms and height, they think his best spot is at T.'
Yeah that last sentence made no sense to me at all so I elected to ignore it.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Need to have the Rams OL go through a "short arm inspection"?

(You veterans may know what that is)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Troy Reeder is a good back-up. Don't want him as primary ILB though.
The problem has been though, that the guys in front of him keep getting injured and we are stuck with him starting lots of games. Can we get a starter in the middle that can stay healthy?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's possible they think Anchrum is the future at LT. That idea sort of terrifies me too. But if that's the plan, well, hopefully he plays well when he gets on the field to make it seem like it's a real possibility.

At this point him playing well at LT in preseason would be a really nice thing to see. Same with Boom, where I'll be looking for signs he's built his core strength so he doesn't get tossed around. Hopefully that's how things go.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's possible they think Anchrum is the future at LT. That idea sort of terrifies me too. But if that's the plan, well, hopefully he plays well when he gets on the field to make it seem like it's a real possibility.

At this point him playing well at LT in preseason would be a really nice thing to see. Same with Boom, where I'll be looking for signs he's built his core strength so he doesn't get tossed around. Hopefully that's how things go.

IIRC, it's our run game that dropped off with Boom in there.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Where some of these potential back ups have been playing is not what I expected going into TC. Going to be interesting preseason.

I might have to go to Oxnard and see how they do against the Cowpokes.

Tano

Legend
The problem has been though, that the guys in front of him keep getting injured and we are stuck with him starting lots of games. Can we get a starter in the middle that can stay healthy?
Oh i agree 100%

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Where some of these potential back ups have been playing is not what I expected going into TC. Going to be interesting preseason.

I might have to go to Oxnard and see how they do against the Cowpokes.
Dallas gave up damn near 30 ppg last year so I expect they'll shred the Boys with their first teamers. They did bring in a DT and a safety I like as well as Smith but the Rams are probably even more improved offensively. So I'd be surprised if the Rams' offense doesn't have a great day. Only concern I have is injuries as always with those scrimmages.

The reason I'd like to see that scrimmage is because I'd want to see Dallas' offense (which is a playoff unit with Dak IMO) vs our defense under our new DC. Should be some interesting things coming out of that IMO. :cheers2:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I need to work on my footwork. I'm not sure if I got both feet down (with control) the other day while playing catch with my son. Yes, that is 54 year old me making a nice catch last week.

View: https://youtu.be/dIagIp4nly0