CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 7: Wed, Aug 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
And no knee brace
Looks like he still has that when actually practicing.
1628180167074.png

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Despite the negative feedback by many of us fans, including yours truly, the Rams clearly saw a possible Ram future for Allen.

He might be Exhibit A for coaches having info that fans can‘t possibly have. It now appears that Ram coaches’ patience is gonna pay off.

Yeah, and who doesn’t like happy endings?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just saw the video on YT of Stafford's TD throw to Woods today. Its actually nuts and shows multiple angles. Watch his eyes. He's literally looking left for a full 2 seconds before he comes back right and immediately throws a laser in between double coverage. He obviously wanted to go there the entire time and just held the safeties as long as he could before he fired it. Just next level elite quarterbacking. I fucking love this guy.

View: https://youtu.be/MzVzFkxWR1g

That coverage looked like they had him over/under too. 9's aggressive mentality is gonna jive nicely with McVay. He just knows when to risk it.

From all reports thus far it would appear that Coleman Shelton did not prepare himself well enough in this past off-season. It may have caused the signing of former Ram OL'er Jeremiah Kolone who has been off and on a Ram since 2018. I really do believe that Coleman Shelton was a Kromer Ol'er.

On the flip side, everyone's spitball target interior OL'er Brian Allen would seem to have put in the effort to provide great comfort to Snead & McVay...& to me as well. If Allen keeps continuing trending up as he has this first week then many of my concerns over the center post will subside dramatically. Most know that I have remained positive about Allen.

It would also seem to me that rookie Jordan Meredith has caught the attention of this Ram Org. to the point where they are going to put some effort into coaching him up to possibly the future reserve OC.
Nice to see you back and posting Boni. :thumbsup1:

Think we need to slow our roll a bit with Allen. It's great that he's showing well thus far but we've had what, 2 padded practices? Let's wait and see how he does in those preseason tilts where he's gonna get a ton of snaps given that they'll be resting the starters.

Lastly re: Kromer he definitely played favorites. Demby got way more play than he should have. Boom same. Last year Kromer also lost my confidence when he started Boom over Edwards, for me that was the final straw. Wouldn't surprise me that Shelton is another "Kromey." Re: Shelton keep in mind we didn't see any preseason games or practices last year. So yeah. No way to know how he looked.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was never a big fan of the Brian Allen draft pick and was one of the first to cry "bench him". Then at TC i saw how much he had bulked up. Then how well he handled himself vs the 1st team D. McVay noticed too and on day 4 he starts getting reps with the 1st team. Now when the pads go on he's blowing holes open and standing up A'Shawn and moving SJD out of the way for a Big hole for Henderson.

Allen has shown definate improvement. It remains to been seen how well that translates while playing against another team. We;ll definately find out in pre season.

Psycho_X

Legend
I was never a big fan of the Brian Allen draft pick and was one of the first to cry "bench him". Then at TC i saw how much he had bulked up. Then how well he handled himself vs the 1st team D. McVay noticed too and on day 4 he starts getting reps with the 1st team. Now when the pads go on he's blowing holes open and standing up A'Shawn and moving SJD out of the way for a Big hole for Henderson.

Allen has shown definate improvement. It remains to been seen how well that translates while playing against another team. We;ll definately find out in pre season.
If Allen outplays Corbett and proves to be a good center so that Corbett can go back to RG I won't be upset for sure. I'm not sold on Evans at guard after last year all though maybe he's made some strides idk. Either way, glad to know we have some depth options there.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If Allen outplays Corbett and proves to be a good center so that Corbett can go back to RG I won't be upset for sure. I'm not sold on Evans at guard after last year all though maybe he's made some strides idk. Either way, glad to know we have some depth options there.
I'm actually hoping for this. I think Corbett is better at RG than Evans. It would be great to have the best 5 on the field

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I hope Allen proves me wrong... But I have PTSD from his first few games.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like he still has that when actually practicing.
View attachment 47008
This snapshot of the Ol would be RT Demby/ RG Shelton/ OC Allen/ LG Brewer/ LT Noteboom. #64 Demby is now departed & #65 Shelton reporting having a bad start in TC that sent him to 3rd team OC. Not sure how his OG early production has been because almost all the reports have been on his poor snaps @ center. Anyone?

On the Allen Knee Brace, I would think that he will wear that for most all of TC.
I am with you on Bobby Evans playing RG comments. I have not been a fan of Evans @ OG. It will be interesting for me to see just how the 3 or 4 Ram OG's will end up. I thinking that the large tall Chandler Brewer is a real possible prospect for one of the final Master Roster OG positions.

You have to laugh a bit :laugh2:when you look at LT Noteboom's lower legs in comparison to Brewer's & Allens.....it should tell most anyone that Noteboom is truly an LT, not an NFL OG:eyeroll:.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I for one wrote Allen off after seeing him play two years ago. Just couldn't see someone who looked that bad developing into a solid NFL starter. Encouraging news this week, but I think Corbett has the starting gig locked down. Hopefully Allen continues to improve and is a good backup.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time for me to suck it up and give some kudos to Brian Allen. He came into camp bigger and so far has looked good and been very consistent with his snaps, besides playing Guard and the interior on special teams too. Coleman Shelton has not looked good and besides struggling with snaps gave up a sack too. I'm sure Allen will play plenty on preseason, but so far, I come away impressed.
flip-flopper!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
And no knee brace
Good to see Allen looking good. He had a serious knee injury and also issues with covid that sidelined him for a really long time. Hopefully he will reward the Rams' patience by providing real depth and maybe even real competition at center.

I think we are now seeing a bigger picture of why the Rams felt comfortable not only letting Blythe go but not drafting a center as many were pounding the table for them to do.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
should tell most anyone that Noteboom is truly an LT,
Agree and thankfully from what I'm hearing LT is the only position
he is getting reps.
I didn't dislike Kromers cross training methods, but I think it hurts certain players like
Boom. He should have been learning ONLY LT all along.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I for one wrote Allen off after seeing him play two years ago. Just couldn't see someone who looked that bad developing into a solid NFL starter. Encouraging news this week, but I think Corbett has the starting gig locked down. Hopefully Allen continues to improve and is a good backup.
Never understood the mind set of burying a young player after a handful of starts. Especially playing a demanding position like center where mentally there is a lot on your plate.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I hope Allen proves me wrong... But I have PTSD from his first few games.

Can't deny that I'm also on board with your PTSD issues.

I won't be surprised if Allen makes the 53, and I won't be surprised if this is his last training camp as a Los Angeles Ram.

My guess for Brian Allen making the team as of 08/05/2021 is...

unknown-86202302.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For Allen it will come down to the thing that he struggled with the most…second level blocking. Can he do it and take his target out of the picture. Until I see I’m with @Merlin and am pumping the brakes on him too.