CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 4: Sat July 31

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's going to be tough. We have Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Atwell, Trishton Jackson, and Skowronek at wideout, all of whom look like keepers. Then there's Higbee, Harris, Hopkins, and Mundt at tight end. And at running back, even without Akers, there's Henderson, Funk, Jones, and maybe Calais as a special teams player. And that's not even counting the offensive line and quarterback. And even then, there's the defense to consider.

We're going to lose some talented players to other teams when final cuts happen.
We need perma-holds on the practice squad. Make it it happen, Jem.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We need perma-holds on the practice squad. Make it it happen, Jem.

Pircher's the only one who isn't eligible to be taken off the practice squad, and we won't be able to call him up if we do that.

Believe me, I wish we could keep the players we like on the PS, but I don't have enough sway with the league to make it happen. :p

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Any reports on how Alaric Jackson is doing? I'm sure he'll switch to G and be on the PS, but just curious.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well they kept 6 WRs last year, but also had 5 RBs and 4 TEs.
I don't know how you people remember shit like this. I can't remember where I parked my lawnmower and I just finished an hour ago.

So let's just go full count here. That being 15 total weapons for the roster. And let's assume that's a safe estimate for this year...

SAFE (8)
Kupp, Woody, Jefferson, DJax, Tutu
Higbee, Harris
Henderson

PROBABLY SAFE (2)
Mundt (knows offense)
Calais (likely to be returner)

BUBBLE BOYS (Competing for 5 spots)
TJax, Skow, Akers, Koski, Haydel
Hopkins, Blanton, Markway
Jones, Funk, Anderson

Of those bubble boys there's a good chance two spots go to Jones & Funk. And that's assuming they keep 15 which tbh I have no idea what to expect there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pircher's the only one who isn't eligible to be taken off the practice squad, and we won't be able to call him up if we do that.

Believe me, I wish we could keep the players we like on the PS, but I don't have enough sway with the league to make it happen. :p
They say Pircher moves well him being a handball type. So I say let's have him compete with Mundt for the backup/blocking TE role. Can you imagine that massive MFer jumboing up the end of the LOS and doing delayed releases in the redzone? Sign me up. :laugh4:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They say Pircher moves well him being a handball type. So I say let's have him compete with Mundt for the backup/blocking TE role. Can you imagine that massive MFer jumboing up the end of the LOS and doing delayed releases in the redzone? Sign me up. :laugh4:

I imagine him more as a 6'7", 325 lbs. left tackle of the future. He has that kind of potential, in my honest opinion.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine him more as a 6'7", 325 lbs. left tackle of the future. He has that kind of potential, in my honest opinion.
Yeah wouldn't that be nice? :horns:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Well I’m going to state an opinion that he is on the outside looking in.

After OTA’s(Harris interview) Higbee & Mundt reached out to Harris. He seemed very appreciative.
He stayed with Funk,Skow, & Hodges which is a solid group.It gives them a better understanding of the offense with all 4 being different positions.

The thing that caught my attention was Harris having a hard time remembering Hopkins & Blantons names. Which makes me think Hopkins is into himself & has never found himself fitting in all that well ?
He is always next to Blanton.
In 2 days I saw Hopkins catch one pass & miss 2. Ran a bad route & the other was a 50/50 ball.
Each day I saw Blanton catch a ball & the 2nd was in 7 on 7 which was talked about early practice.
— The thing is with the TE’s they are not getting thrown to much so far. I’ve seen Johnny Mundt lineing up wide(wr) on a few formations.
—The other thing is BEN SKOW has been getting his number called a lot & lining up in the slot on 4 WR formations?
— you can see Harris looking on in this pattern. bringing this up is what I’m visualizing this as a big play within the offense in 2021. Also BEN SKOW making catches with Matthew Stafford & probably more catches than any other player so far.

View attachment 46880

I think Kendall Blanton has a real chance to stick with the team. Particularly if Hopkins continues to have difficulty. Blanton's size makes him potentially a very unique weapon for us, and could develop into a solid blocking TE. He lined up as an H-Back in Missouri some his last year there. He doesn't get much attention but every time he's mentioned, it's about him making catches.

If we keep 4 TEs, which I believe we will, Blanton could beat out Hopkins, and honestly push Mundt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
On Day 2 I was getting ready to leave.The Rams went one more set of
11 on 11. Was watching D. Farr & a Gal go live,but walking back.

Took a few photos & I believe I messed up or this was the play.

Woods caught a pass the direction Stafford is throwing.Fuller got there late & Jalen was caught behind him.
The pass went to Robert Woods.
— Next thing I know Robert Woods is 20 yards away running straight at me & Cheering. He had a shiny helmet with a sunglasses type shield.I’ve never seen a player running so fast.He was full speed finishing a TD run right down the sideline.No one even chasing him be
I think Kendall Blanton has a real chance to stick with the team. Particularly if Hopkins continues to have difficulty. Blanton's size makes him potentially a very unique weapon for us, and could develop into a solid blocking TE. He lined up as an H-Back in Missouri some his last year there. He doesn't get much attention but every time he's mentioned, it's about him making catches.

If we keep 4 TEs, which I believe we will, Blanton could beat out Hopkins, and honestly push Mundt.
i see Johnny Mundt is going to get a lot playing time in 2021.
Preseason will be big for Hopkins,Blanton, & #45

Harris will get limited time. Mundt & Higbee you really won’t see much until the season.
imo
1627872099729.png
1627872101422.png

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
hey, not fair...

"canned beets on prime rib"??? we need a little heads up before statements that, that have me burst out laffin, while taking a long draw on my sierra nevada....

not only did the laughter burst send beer through my nasal passages, but i think my ears also got involved in that tidal surge....

a little heads up for the team buddy;)

go rams

slo
Sorry about that

oldnotdead

Legend
They will probably carry 6 WR so I see Jackson as a protected PS player because DeSean is a one year contract. They normally carry 3 TEs so that would be Higbee, Harris and Hopkins. OL is set and they will carry at least 9 on the active roster. I can see Alaric either as a protected PS player or bumping Anchrum. Remember this year they will still have a 16 man PS with about 4 protected (can't be poached) players. Also, this year the PS can include veteran players as well. Protected PS players is really an expansion of the active roster without the salary implications. There is going to be a big roster turnover next year so Snead and McVay need to really pick their active and protected PS players well.

They can use those protected PS players to stash guys they feel they will need next year to fill roster FA losses. Guys that don't project beyond this year might make the roster simply because they probably would garner comp picks like Kiser, Howard and SJD. That is what makes it hard to project the Ram's roster each year. Snead and McVay love their comp picks, just look at the talent they find in rounds 2-4.