CAMP REPORT Camp Report DAY 2: Thur July 29

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks again you 3. Re: Stafford and his eye control, the guy has a lot of film of him doing that stuff so I think what you're seeing and reporting is real and we're gonna feel it big time this season. Even the no-look passes in the redzone. You can hear it in Kupp's words, the same kind of excitement you guys were posting with after you saw the offense come out firing fast.

Sort of reminds me of '99 tbh. I know we don't have a Faulk in the backfield but I do think it's gonna be that kind of offensive explosion. From the 20s to well inside the top ten maybe even inside the top five.

Boy I can't wait to hear some reports when the pads come on. It's appreciated dudes! :horns::startstruck::horns:
Kurt Warner in a few months when examining Rams wins and the rise of Matthew Stafford will say...

"WHO'S THIS Guy?"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just got home. hour and 45 min to go 12 miles.

Ouch. Is that typical, or was there an accident or something?

Jones and Howard

I am interested in seeing that pair.

Funk, Tristen Jackson, SeSean Jackson, Donte Daeyon were my standouts for today.

I find it interesting (and potentially great) that Funk is up a lot with the 1’s.

So, I feel a little validated reading this today. The one thing that stands out for me with Matt Stafford is that he really looks off the safety before making the throw. It's not just that he looks one way before throwing the other way, it's far more complex than that. He sometimes looks to the short left before switching and looking deep left for the throw. Other times, he looks one way, then throws it the other way. And still other times, he doesn't look off the safety at all because it's a quick out, a quick slant, a WR bubble screen, or a RB swing pass.

Yeah. For it to stand out like is being described… it’s got to be a big difference Stafford brings.

The ability to do this feels like a “speed of the game thing” and we got Stafford in the prime of that.

Robert Rochell looks really damn good out there.

A lot of what I look for from camp is the consistency of buzz. The buzz so far is sustaining itself with Rochell.

(y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks again to everyone for these reports and observations. The pics are sweet as well.

When I poured my morning coffee… I sat down and enjoyed this one. Didn’t want the thread to end!

Awesome Stuff!

:clap:

PS: Hope you’re feeling okay there, @VeteranRamFan

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sort of reminds me of '99 tbh. I know we don't have a Faulk in the backfield but I do think it's gonna be that kind of offensive explosion.
True, but they are bringing the Funk... :)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, its typical CGI, and today is Friday so it will be worse today. Wed took me only and hour and 15.

traffic impact GIF

los angeles la GIF by The Hills

Traffic Stop And Go GIF

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just got home. hour and 45 min to go 12 miles. gonna eat dinner drink a beer. Will have a write up posted in a couple hours.
How dare you wait this long? You should have been writing while waiting in traffic. :LOL:
Nothing major (I hope) but I think father time is catching up on these bones.
Take care of yourself. That's the most important thing. Hope everything is ok with you.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Just got home. hour and 45 min to go 12 miles. gonna eat dinner drink a beer. Will have a write up posted in a couple hours.

How dare you wait this long? You should have been writing while waiting in traffic. :LOL:

Damn and just when 503 said he was gonna make you highest paid ROD employee.

Just curious Bubba is that typical in LA. the 45min to get 12 miles?
If so I'm surprised there aren't more road rage shootings.
Anyway Bubba ,Thank you so much for what you bring to the site. Truthfully Grateful! :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes its typical for the stretch of 405 fwy I have to traverse at that time of day 5:30 to 7 or 8pm is bumper to bumper. Surface streets are even worse.

And you're very welcome Coach. The gratitude we get from you folks is payment enough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Warner did three videos on Stafford and he freakin loves him.

He also thinks Trey Lance is the 5th rated QB in this draft and calls him the riskiest pick of all the rookie QB'S :laugh4:

In case you missed them, they are a Great watch.

View: https://youtu.be/4661aZ_QmAQ

View: https://youtu.be/hKgNujvVZJM

View: https://youtu.be/Gb-UKAYy82o

What I am hoping is that they miss on Lance and have to watch the kid in New England fill that QB role. That shit would be brilliant. Yes I hate the 9ers that much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ram Dave lived up close to Thousand Oaks. I had a girlfriend that way. It took 2 hrs most of the time.
UCI to Rams camp is an 1 hr 30 without traffic. Right now it would be close to 3 hrs.

—I don’t know where Bubba lives. For myself I made it in 20 minutes & say 10 miles. Traffic was bad & I drove a little wild.There is so much construction on the 405 fwy right now it’s crazy.from the 73 entrance I almost bailed out ? Running late & thought maybe it was the Fairview exit. Then you look and see how much fwy is being built.
—Exit coming back Bear Exit was deep. Fairview exit was backed up.

SOFI say on a Monday or Thursday night ? Won’t be fun. Sunday’s Beach
Traffic will be bad if your leaving late.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes its typical for the stretch of 405 fwy I have to traverse at that time of day 5:30 to 7 or 8pm is bumper to bumper. Surface streets are even worse.

And you're very welcome Coach. The gratitude we get from you folks is payment enough.
Car pool from where I live is awesome. Made to see Shoni Ohtani pitch a 6:45 game.Left at 6:15.
Got there (25 minutes),10 minute walk,bought tickets(behind home), security line,& top deck.Heard the run scoring double 1 out bottom first.$44 dollar night. ( cheap date night).

- if I went solo add 30 minutes.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm getting on the 405 at Studebaker in Long Beach to Jamboree exit. Takes me a half hour to get there, three times that to get back, if not more. Rush hour is a bitch.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
What I am hoping is that they miss on Lance and have to watch the kid in New England fill that QB role.
That my friend would be a dream come true. May break a rib laughing if that happens.

From what I have read on New England the QB race is already neck and neck.
Cam has been Cam- A couple of good throws mixed in with a couple of WTF throws.
Just a matter of time before Mac takes over.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I find it interesting (and potentially great) that Funk is up a lot with the 1’s.
If he Pans out ??? Talk about perfect timing.
I remember the first time I saw him on film Man this kid has very good vision and quick decisions on his cuts.
Man we need this kid to step up in a big way. Fingers crossed he looks good when the pads come on.