CAMP REPORT Camp report DAY 1: Wed July 28

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Lol, I’m just saying that when teams are down, they typically start racking up yardage because they have to throw downfield a lot to try to catch up. And teams will need to catch up this year—I guarantee it.
Got it. So you're saying the def will give up more yards as a result of teams playing catch up more this year.

Tano

Legend
Lol, I’m just saying that when teams are down, they typically start racking up yardage because they have to throw downfield a lot to try to catch up. And teams will need to catch up this year—I guarantee it.
But that’s when the Rams unleash the Kraken - of course he might be out by the 4th

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What's weaker this year? David Long at slot, or Rapp/the role of the safeties? You can't really gauge the DL yet without pads.
You know I will say David Long got burned one time,but made a nice play after that. I was not with the crowd though,so my take of yesterday was different.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They’re doing that “who’s house “ over the PA system. Prerecorded. I’m sorry but that has got to change.
They kept in going when I left. It got annoying,but Inalways say Stan’s House.Then oh,not today since it is at UCI.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yes - Van Jefferson always stays inbounds & has excellent hands.

I called The DJ1 TD pass. weird - but I saw Van on the outside & DJ1 lined up inside. I said lookout DJ1 is lined up inside. Stafford went with a weak play action fake.
DJ1 went inside(left)out.So he makes a move like he was going to run to the right corner & opened himself to look over his left shoulder around left hash deep.45 yard pass ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That fake was to Jake Funk and they pulled it off brilliantly. Offense running plays so smoothly the first day is great. Lets hope the D catches up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both are probably hurt already
Is that blue font ??

I’ll give you my take on the situation from afar. The New TE has #45,so I’m just saying there could be something to OBo?
Mcvay in his press conference before training camp talked Justin Hollins up big time.I was not a Fan. Thought he played SOFT!! He has all the tools & skills. Mcvay gave an excuse about him having his first training camp with The Rams.
Hollins got so much playing time last season & was the OLB against Green Bay.Shula or Mcvay really like this guy. Now Morris is the DC as well.

I got a look at Hollins yesterday at eye (ground level). He looks like he is going to have a good season.He is getting lower coming of the edge.He will put pressure on the LT.I think getting of the ball & where you set up is a big deal. AJ Watt is a good example.I think Nick Bosa could be another example.That dude in Washington(Young?) is going an All Pro for years.
I just think in Hollins The Rams will coach him up from what is being said & a quick view yesterday.I’m drinking a little Kool-Aide though & know he is really nothing like those other guys.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That fake was to Jake Funk and they pulled it off brilliantly. Offense running plays so smoothly the first day is great. Lets hope the D catches up.

okay - I guess the Player who stands out to me on defense has been JUJU Huges the new #23. At SOFI he had an INT. Yesterday he made a great play on a pass to someone. His left & the offenses Right side ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Evans was mainly on the right side next to Havenstien. I will keep track of the OL today.

Until they are in pads and go to full contact, LB's, OL and DL are hard to tell.
Yes and that is true with RBs too re: the pads.

I'll add this... IMO the Rams are one of the teams best prepared to handle the modern NFL restrictions with the time allowed to practice and all that. Cutting edge when it comes to efficiency with the time and glad to hear the team was so sharp.

Man are we blessed right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So Akers is out, okoronkwo and Lewis haven't been spotted yet, Tutu is on the covid list, and Harris is gonna miss most of camp. Yikes.
OBO is just a body.He is gone anyway.

Lewis is the biggest disappointment

Tutu is just a rookie with blinders on

Harris will find himself.It might work to his advantage.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Love the reports, thank you very much fellas!!!!

Very disappointed that Tutu and Harris aren't out there. Arguably the 2 that need to be out there the most. Hopefully both are back shortly.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OBO is just a body.He is gone anyway.

Lewis is the biggest disappointment

Tutu is just a rookie with blinders on

Harris will find himself.It might work to his advantage.
We're one day into camp. There's time for the OLBs to sort a bit. New DC, he's gonna be moving guys around so I wouldn't read too much into who is where in the first practice. It's gonna change as we go forward.

I will admit I'm concerned that Tutu is going to miss most of camp. My understanding with the vax rules is that if he wasn't vaccinated and got it he's out ten days or whatever. That would suck. But we'll see here soon how long it takes him to come back and practice. If he's not available by Fri or Mon then yeah he's probably going to miss out on a lot. But I'm sure many here are more up to speed on all that BS than I am.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Shout out to all providing camp reports. Wish I could be out there watching it with my own 2 eyes as I know how awesome it must be to see our Rams up close. Keep it coming please and it's once again super appreciated.