Cam Akers Injury: Starting RB / Depth Speculation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Some rumors out there re: Jamaal Williams. Probably just a stab in the dark by the media given the Lions/Rams connection. But I like his run style (homey can run through some contact which I'm a fan of) and he'd help round out our backfield.
Detroit just signed Williams, why would Holmes trade him to Rams? i like it, just doesn't make sense.
train

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Some rumors out there re: Jamaal Williams. Probably just a stab in the dark by the media given the Lions/Rams connection. But I like his run style (homey can run through some contact which I'm a fan of) and he'd help round out our backfield.

I saw where Brent Stuter of Ramblinfan suggested Jamaal Williams but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Detroit JUST signed Williams in 2021 Free Agency. How often does a team sign a free agent only to trade him before even a pre-season game? I can't think of a single example.

Suter posts multiple Rams' articles per-day, and most are totally useless in my opinion. He throws anything and everything against the wall in hope that something sticks and readers will ignore or forget the 99% of his stuff that never plays-out.

To be fair, anything is possible. Williams contract with the Lions was not for big-$; and there is the Rams/Snead / Lions/Holmes connection. Plus, I think Williams is a good back. Still, I can not think on a previous trade that would be comparable.

dang

Legend
Detroit just signed Williams, why would Holmes trade him to Rams? i like it, just doesn't make sense.
train
It would only cost the Rams $1m in salary this year but at least a 4th rounder next year or another player the Lions want. How about Young/Reeder and a 7th rounder for Williams? With $$$ saved on Young go for KJWright. Just spitballing here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's likely either. I don't believe the rumors. But they're out there so worth discussing.

But the Rams are a contender. They're not fucking around here, there's a reasonable chance they end up adding to that room. If they have to give up a pick to bring in the right guy I'm sure they'll do that.

Lions would do it because of the pick. And because they know they're not a contender.