Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know that you can take someone in the first round to 'replace' him. That just sounds like way too much pressure on anyone.
Nobody is replacing AD. But Turner is going to need some legitimate help. It’s a big hole.
The Rams knew about AD before so I'm guessing nothing has changed on their draft board.
Any confirmation on how long they knew this was coming?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Trade back and add two DL/DT pieces in that late first early/mid 2nd round range: Newton, Jenkins, Fiske, etc. and a Kneeland, Dorlus, Darius Robinson, etc. type.

Or if they are sold on Murphy and he's at 19, take him. Then add either Kneeland or Dorlus.

Either way, a much needed boost (albeit young) to the DL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Trade back and add two DL/DT pieces in that late first early/mid 2nd round range: Newton, Jenkins, Fiske, etc. and a Kneeland, Dorlus, Darius Robinson, etc. type.

Kneeland is not a DL player. He could gain ten pounds on his frame, but he's a much better player standing up. Very solid run-stuffer with underrated pass-rushing technique.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think they’ll take a few DL in the draft and hopefully 1 sticks.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I really like Fiske too. Think he is going to be a very good pro. My hopes is one of these guys is on the Rams next year now:
Murphy - AD-lite is a projection given to him. Would logically be a move we would make
Newton - Brings a lot to the table as a pass rusher and is versatile
Jenkins - beast athletically, but definitely needs to refine his skills. Could be great though
Fiske - Every game I watched of FSU last year, this guy was causing havoc
Sweat - massive human but moves with grace for that size. Even that big, gets after the QB and halts the run

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Kneeland is not a DL player. He could gain ten pounds on his frame, but he's a much better player standing up. Very solid run-stuffer with underrated pass-rushing technique.
Yes i know. I was talking about him as a DE type in conjunction with an interior DT type.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes i know. I was talking about him as a DE type in conjunction with an interior DT type.
Okay, fair. I don't think he's a DE type, though, more like a stand-up EDGE rusher. I've watched his tape, had him in my mock (which has now been blown to hell with the AD retirement, so I'm gonna have to do it all over again), and he's a much better player as an edge OLB.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I really like Fiske too. Think he is going to be a very good pro. My hopes is one of these guys is on the Rams next year now:
Murphy - AD-lite is a projection given to him. Would logically be a move we would make
Newton - Brings a lot to the table as a pass rusher and is versatile
Jenkins - beast athletically, but definitely needs to refine his skills. Could be great though
Fiske - Every game I watched of FSU last year, this guy was causing havoc
Sweat - massive human but moves with grace for that size. Even that big, gets after the QB and halts the run
Sweat is restructuring with Philly, he’s off the table now unfortunately.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sweat is restructuring with Philly, he’s off the table now unfortunately.
I wouldn't want anything to do from him. He's more of a 4-3 DE, and disappeared the last 8 weeks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fiske in a small trade-back. Amazing combine.
I like this idea. He's stout as hell on that interior.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fiske is the top interior DL on many NFL boards. More I watch him the more impressed I am and just talking games here.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If CBs Mitchell, Arnold and Wiggins; plus Edges Turner, Verse and Latu are off-the-board, DL Byron Murphy, Jer'Zhan Newton or Braden Fiske could be serious candidates.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If CBs Mitchell, Arnold and Wiggins; plus Edges Turner, Verse and Latu are off-the-board, DL Byron Murphy, Jer'Zhan Newton or Braden Fiske could be serious candidates.
I'd guess Murphy goes before Wiggins, but who knows. Murphy became target #1 for me. Most disruptive pass rush is one that comes from the interior.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't understand how draft media ranks Murphy II over Newton who plays far more snaps and has less help.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't understand how draft media ranks Murphy II over Newton who plays far more snaps and has less help.
Isn't Newton hurt right now? That might be the lone reason.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Obviously I will always be pro AD but anyone else surprised at the timing of it. Would you at least plan it with the rams after the draft so teams don't try to jump in front etc