Bring on the Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"I like this state or this city but I hate that state and that city." Who gives a crap? Threads and entire forums have been destroyed by this type of nonsense. I'm usually not this blunt on here but please keep it to yourselves.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's January 4, 1976 and I'm watching the Cowboys absolutely hammer the Rams 37-7 in the playoffs. The ex-wife is nagging me about this and that and won't shut up. We had been discussing splitting up over the previous month so I suggested this would be a good time for her to move out. She does and files for a divorce two weeks later.

My wife, who I've been married to for over 33 years, is flying out to California in the morning and will come back Saturday night. She knows all about that 1976 episode and will do what she always does when I'm watching the Rams, leave me alone. :sneaky:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's January 4, 1976 and I'm watching the Cowboys absolutely hammer the Rams 37-7 in the playoffs. The ex-wife is nagging me about this and that and won't shut up. We had been discussing splitting up over the previous month so I suggested this would be a good time for her to move out. She does and files for a divorce two weeks later.

My wife, who I've been married to for over 33 years, is flying out to California in the morning and will come back Saturday night. She knows all about that 1976 episode and will do what she always does when I'm watching the Rams, leave me alone. :sneaky:
Yeah, but this Cowboy's team doesn't have Roger the Dodger....lol. If they would have had Dak in 1976, you might still be married to her...:neener:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well so much for the worn cliche “Defense Wins Championsips”

Ravens and Bears both upset at Home

Okay, I realize that’s not entirely fair

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Defense wins Championships if you have a good QB and a clutch kicker.

You really have no chance without at least 2 of the 3.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Did they did not lose their 2nd wideout plus their slot receiver is badly damaged.

WR Allen Hurns underwent surgery & WR Cole Beasley re-aggravated his bad ankle by a spraining it again. Those events have Garrett contemplating calling up second-year wide receiver Lance Lenoir back from the practice squad. If you watched Returner Tavon Austin Saturday it's obvious he has a hitch in his giddy-up with a bad groin.

Cowboys have Amari Cooper, Rookie 3rd-round pick Michael Gallup, Tavon Austin & Noah Brown left. TA has only 8 catches & Brown has only 5 on the season. Gallup will see a ton of action opposite Cooper. UDFA starting TE Blake Jarwin should not be a worry for Rams strong safety John Johnson.

Finally, there is a good chance that DT Aaron Donald will line up across from rookie LG Connor Williams this Saturday night.:sneaky:
All good if we can stop the run.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Experts were talkin bears in the SB, they might’ve been favored against us, I don’t think anyone is picking the Cowboys. Hopefully we put them out of their misery.

Ellard80

Legend
Watching how trubisky can't hit the broad side of the barn made me thing he would be good to go against again...

But the Bears defense on grass just looks too good.

Cowboys have a tough defense also - but they probably are the better match up for us.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Guys I’ll be honest, the Cowboys are going to be a tough out, ya gotta figure their dork fan base in SoCal (remember, their TC is in Oxnard) they will do their best to make a showing, I’m hoping for only 20-25% being that you gotta figure at least 60k true Rams fans already have tix in hand, so I’m going to just ignore the media blather on how this will be a virtual home game for Dallas

Now let’s set that aside, this isn’t our best matchup on either side of the ball, hope Wade has watched a little film of their Indy game

I think they’re ready for the challenge, the bitter taste of last year will serve them well, I expect a fast start and the Defense to kick it up a...no, several notches

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Wow, with Vinny calling it. We Dodger and Ram fans were spoiled by the best, the great Vin Scully.

And that play. I remember screaming my head off and looking back and seeing my dad on the couch smiling quietly, eyes a little misty.

Yep one of the greatest moments of my 13 year old life at the time. Still might be a top 10 moment and certainly a top 5 Ram moment.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys I’ll be honest, the Cowboys are going to be a tough out, ya gotta figure their dork fan base (haha) in SoCal (remember, their TC is in Oxnard) they will do their best to make a showing, I’m hoping for only 20-25% being that you gotta figure at least 60k true Rams fans already have tix in hand, so I’m going to just ignore the media blather on how this will be a virtual home game for Dallas

Now let’s set that aside, this isn’t our best matchup on either side of the ball, hope Wade has watched a little film of their Indy game

I think they’re ready for the challenge, the bitter taste of last year will serve them well, I expect a fast start and the Defense to kick it up a...no, several notches
All teams are tough this time of year. Are we better than the Cowboys and are we playing at home and do the Cowboys have a history of not doing well on the road? Yes, yes, and yes.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Its all about forcing DaK into mistakes and getting an early lead. Zeke will get his yards, but hold them to FGs and force turnovers.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I honestly believe if the Rams can start fast and sharp, we can put the cowgirls on their heels a bit. But if we start slow and it becomes a slugfest, it's anyone's game. I hope Goff learned from the Bears and Eagles game to take what the defense is allowing even if it means fewer big plays.

The receivers have to understand that the playoffs will be tougher in that they will likely allow more grabbing and whatever. Hopefully the refs call a fair game and not allow blatant holding on AD.

Has anyone heard Brocker's name called in the last two months? Seems like he disappeared and has been a non factor most of the season.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Dallas' D and running game could give the Rams problems. The key is to play smart and get a lead early. Make Dak beat them.

I bet they are saying the same exact thing about us. Get up on them early and make goff beat you. Lol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Guys I'm overly nervous about every game anyway but this is a winnable game but it's just as easily lost. There's many variables ...saying Gurley cancels out Zeke. We have a distinct advantage on offense BUT if we cannot stop the run will out offense be on the field enough to force a shootout, mostly my biggest concern is defense travels well and if the Dallas defense comes to play it will be sketchy. There linebackers can give us hell they can all cover very well and if they bring the pr sure which they are very capable of doing those deep routes won't have time to develop unless our o-line is flawless. Those are my concerns. On paper we are the better team but we all know the games aren't played on paper they are played on the field. So you bet you a** I'm nervous.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
It's going to be a tough crowd. The SoCal Latino non-Ram community is about 50/50 Raiders/Cowboys. There will be a HUGE Cowgirl contingency at the game. Within 5 minutes of the Eagles winning I had half a dozen texts from family and friend Cowpie folks jaw jacking at me.

I can only HOPE SoCal fans will rally around our boys and suck up the tickets.