Bring on the Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Get ready for a Cowboys home game like atmosphere..... Hope not, but sheesh. I have a bad feeling.
Yea I know, I’m going to the game and I’m dreading it.
Punch a cowboys fan in the face day.
If my ROD brethrens and pay the bail. Lol.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I think the Cowboys will be a lot like playing the Seahawks again, oddly enough. Good running team, mobile QB, tough front 7.
I agree. He’s not as good as R. Wilson though.
They have a better O-line, our tackling needs to be on point too.
Hope the Rams play with a sense of pride on defense.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is going to be an interesting game.

What has me up for it is this fact:

THE RAMS DON'T WANT A REPEAT OF LAST YEAR!

For me...it wakes up the old Rams/Cowboys playoff rivalries again!

I really not ready to say much right now except its great news that Gurley and Joyner are ready.

McVay...GET THEM READY!!!

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I wonder what, if anything, we can take from the 35-30 win last year in their house?
Game 4
Player Att. Comp. Comp. % Yds Yds/Att. TDs TD % Ints Int % QB Rate
Goff 36 21 58.3% 266 7.39 2 5.6% 0 0.0% 100.0 Win
Prescott 36 20 55.6% 252 7.00 3 8.3% 1 2.8% 93.8

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We tend to struggle against great defenses. And Zeke is the last player in the NFL I want to play with this run defense.

This is going to be a TOUGH game. Need our defense to play lights out.
All teams struggle against great defenses but i get what you're saying. I would've put it this way. The Rams struggle to get their 30ppg against great defenses.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not as bad as Waco...:LOL:

True enough.
tumblr_phki70asRD1sbb6tr_540.jpg

^ not a fan, btw.

Ellard80

Legend
Cowboys fans are a confident bunch wow lol

The rams gave away Tavon man.

Yeah wow... we had qb who threw for 2nd most yards in nfl.. there was like 24th? Dallas might have one of the top 5 worst receiving cores in the nfl.

Yeah that dude smoking some good stuffs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The network flashed a stat during the DAL/SEA gm. Don't remember the record but the Cowboys are very successful when they can hit that 20 point mark on offense and very bad when held under 20.
----------------------------
TOP (time of possession) will be my X factor stat for the Rams going forward during this playoff run.

Saints loss
26:19 - 33:41

Bears loss
23:11 - 36:49

We know this works against us and most teams, but particularly our guys because Goff is a rhythm QB and the same can be said of our offense. Early in the season the Rams O didn't sniff a 3 n out for weeks on end and we were rolling on offense.

Last year vs Atlanta, the turnovers put us behind the 8 ball but TOP murdered our offense and defense.
22:25 - 37:35

Teams know the key is keeping our offense off the field. McVay knows too. Dallas will rush 4 (because they can) and spot blitz on 3rd down. McVay had better have a gameplan that doesn't include trying to get 20-25 yds on every play and especially on first down. We have the weapons to move the chains against any team out there and an OLine good enough to protect and move the pile...but IMO this comes down to McVay and how smart he calls this game. Win the TOP with smart playcalling.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Y'all, I have the feeling that this could be a blowout if we get up early.

EVERYONE is well rested and healthy. Talib/Peters/Joyner, Gurley....

Our Pass D has been better. Zeke will get 100 plus rushing but that's not going to translate to 30pts IMO.

If we get some early turnovers or get up 14-0, our momentum will carry us the rest of the way.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All teams struggle against great defenses but i get what you're saying. I would've put it this way. The Rams struggle to get their 30ppg against great defenses.

The Patriots didn't struggle against the Bears. Eagles with Nick Foles put up more points on Chicago than we did. I would argue that the difference between our offense against bad/good defenses is greater than that of most teams. Those are two examples that jump to mind who were both playing in Chicago.

Last year we struggled against the Jags, Seahawks - Goff actually struggled against the Seahawks twice last year - Vikings. This year we struggled against the Bears, Eagles, and the Lions and Broncos a little. Not all of those are great defenses but what I'm trying to say is that I'm concerned about the offense.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Y'all, I have the feeling that this could be a blowout if we get up early.

EVERYONE is well rested and healthy. Talib/Peters/Joyner, Gurley....

Our Pass D has been better. Zeke will get 100 plus rushing but that's not going to translate to 30pts IMO.

If we get some early turnovers or get up 14-0, our momentum will carry us the rest of the way.

But will McVay be tempted to try to throw the ball too much to start with to get that lead? The Rams need to get their heads and Gurley into the game. I would rather see a balanced attack that tries to keep the D guessing and moves them off their spots. If they are a little bit patient and mix it up the downfield passes will be there.

The Cowboys are playing excellent D but are really thin on receivers after Cooper. No more Jason Witten. It's really Elliot and Cooper, maybe some scrambles by Dak. We ought to be able to double Cooper and still cover other receivers and slow down the run. Not enough to outscore the Rams if we play our game, don't turn the ball over or give up big plays on special teams (don't let Tavon get going.)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Goff actually struggled against the Seahawks twice last year

If you are talking about the game where we annihilated the Seahawks in their house last year, I wouldn't say he struggled. He didn't put up great numbers, but there was really no need. We started numerous drives in Seattle territory and Gurley was absolutely destroying them on the ground. Goff didn't need to do much in that game other than taking the snaps and handing the ball to Todd.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Patriots didn't struggle against the Bears. Eagles with Nick Foles put up more points on Chicago than we did. I would argue that the difference between our offense against bad/good defenses is greater than that of most teams. Those are two examples that jump to mind who were both playing in Chicago.

Last year we struggled against the Jags, Seahawks - Goff actually struggled against the Seahawks twice last year - Vikings. This year we struggled against the Bears, Eagles, and the Lions and Broncos a little. Not all of those are great defenses but what I'm trying to say is that I'm concerned about the offense.

Yeah but I think it was obvious that our problems against Chicago were as much about us being off that night. We came out flat and cold and stubborn.
Goffs struggles in both games against the Seahawks last year were for real ... but if Kupp makes that catch Goff would have had a beautiful drive and last minute TD pass for the win in his 12th game.
In the second game he was 14 of 21 in a BLOW OUT with 2 TDs and a flukey int.
Goff is just a very good but still very young rhythm passer. He has diced some up some very good defenses and he been schooled by some others. Thats a young QB. Under McVay he has a lot more ups than downs though. He is 23 and 7 with NFL caliber coaching.

Last edited:

janthony6

UDFA
Dak will try to force the ball the Amari. We played Amari week 1.

When Derek would try to force a ball to Amari it would be a Peters INT in years past.

I think Peters and Talib are very comfortable matching up with this receiving group. Both have a ton of experience with amari.

Bigger deal is stopping Zeke. That’s the ball game.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I hate the Cowboys. Actually, probably similar to Eagles, Seahawks and Bears... I just hate all of their fans. They're the worst! I really hope we curb stomp them.
I love you, though. (Pro-homo)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And On the 7th page, God created Rynie.

I will be there!! Flights booked. Game tickets bought. Weed dispensary will be the first stop because I live in Texas. Ha!!
Rynie, you need to meet up with some ROD bros at the Coliseum. They'll bring an extra Goff jersey so you can switch out of the Cowboys gear after we win. It's punch a Cowboy fan day, after all, and we gotta protect you!